BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

10-14-2021, 09:38 PM   #45
IcebergM4
Major
Rep
Drives: '23 M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
Damn. Reading this thread makes me wonder if it’s worth getting the buckets or not lol. I love the way they look but it may not be practical at all.. plus the delays with an individual build already.. I might be digging myself into a hole!
My advice is to stick with them if you really want them. They fetch a pretty penny if you end up not liking them and decide to sell them. I decided to stick with them in my order. I tried them out extensively and they're not the most comfortable for long trips, but they aren't unbearable and IMO they truly make the interior.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 11:54 PM   #46
Stans
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 Competition Xdrive

Quote:
Damn. Reading this thread makes me wonder if it’s worth getting the buckets or not lol. I love the way they look but it may not be practical at all.. plus the delays with an individual build already.. I might be digging myself into a hole!
I didn't order buckets and have been delayed twice so far. Not sure what us causing the delay but i think you should stick with them if that's what you want. Changes can delay the build as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 06:49 AM   #47
MSolace
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw

Scheduled for Week 45, but status changed to 112. Let's hope things move along quick now.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 07:20 AM   #48
Barathon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSolace View Post
Scheduled for Week 45, but status changed to 112. Let's hope things move along quick now.
I ordered my car in June and have finally just got my first bubble change on the online tracker. I was still 111 yesterday when I called the Genius but looks like I'm 112 now. Hoping that it never goes backwards
Appreciate 1
02M3ForMe4255.50
      10-15-2021, 07:34 AM   #49
edofloat
Captain
Rep
Drives: Outback or 992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceberg4 View Post
Just went back into status 112 today as well, hopefully it sticks this time!
Back to scheduled as well, starting to wonder how many times they *might* schedule for production before it actually happens.
Appreciate 2
02M3ForMe4255.50
Chus69102.00
      10-15-2021, 09:27 AM   #50
V-Eight
Captain
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 G80 Comp.Xdrive

Quote:
DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING TO YOUR ORDER.

This could cause other delays. In addition, it's never worth to buy something without a specific otpional you've choosen, because your car will always be "uncomplete" for what you wanted in the beginning.

BMW G80 M3 Comp.xDrive 2022 + Jaguar F-Pace SVR v8 2022 + BMW F20 M140i RWD 2017
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 04:53 PM   #51
markchen2008
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 xdrive competition

Here we go (I placed order on 09/28, and was lucky to get production number on 10/14):

22 M4 Competition Xdrive
BSM (plan to have Stealth PPF)
825M wheel
Finona Red
Carbon Fiber trim
Executive Package
Parking Package
Driving Ass Pro Pkg
Icon Adaptive LED w/Laserlight
M Shadowline Light
M Drive Professional
Extended Shadowline Trim Deletion

now let wait begin......
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 09:28 PM   #52
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceberg4 View Post
My advice is to stick with them if you really want them. They fetch a pretty penny if you end up not liking them and decide to sell them. I decided to stick with them in my order. I tried them out extensively and they're not the most comfortable for long trips, but they aren't unbearable and IMO they truly make the interior.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stans View Post
I didn't order buckets and have been delayed twice so far. Not sure what us causing the delay but i think you should stick with them if that's what you want. Changes can delay the build as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Eight View Post
DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING TO YOUR ORDER.

This could cause other delays. In addition, it's never worth to buy something without a specific otpional you've choosen, because your car will always be "uncomplete" for what you wanted in the beginning.
Decided to keep the bucket seats! I really like the way it looks, as it gives the M3 a more unique interior vs. a standard G20.. it also looks absolutely amazing and the moment I saw ivory + the buckets - I fell in love. I was debating on Silverstone vs. ivory, but as soon as I looked at the interior with the ivory + buckets, I was sold. Might give me some incentive to lose some weight by the time the car gets here haha. Besides, my family members were asking if they'll get to poke me in the back the way they used to on my old F80 - I guess they can!

The only thing I've changed on the order, and I did it the very next day, was add the shadowline lights. I've also put in the request for the parking assistance package, as I want the 360 degree cameras. I'd like it + the BMW eye care thing that they can install at port since dash cams are fairly handy when you need 'em. I think I read somewhere that you need the 360 cameras in order to get the eye care? I'm not 100% sure. But I figured if I'm waiting and getting exactly what I want, I may as well literally spec everything I want.. and 360 cameras will make parking in the city + tight spots a bit easier. BMW hasn't gotten back to my CA yet, but we'll see.

My allocation was originally for week 47, but the individual exterior paint choice will almost definitively change it and push it several weeks and likely into the next year. My CA said that it's still showing as week 47 build since BMW's approved of everything and what not.. but I literally have 0 faith it'll be built this year. Hasn't stopped me from checking the online status of the production number
Gone but not forgotten: 991.1 GT3, F80 M3 ZCP, E46 M3

Last edited by AhsanU; 10-16-2021 at 01:38 AM..
Appreciate 1
V-Eight791.50
      10-16-2021, 01:58 PM   #53
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Joining. CA told me I was week 45 when I ordered, got my production number the other day, but I’m going to call Genius to confirm on Monday. BSM/Fiona.
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0018923.00
      10-17-2021, 05:58 AM   #54
LuxemburgBMV
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i xdrive msport

Garage List
I have been delayed since late July with no carbon seats. But, given the engine issue we should all be glad we were "unlucky" and got delayed.

Got a vin number yesterday 10-28-21
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2021, 11:12 AM   #55
Xensane
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp

Got scheduled for production late this week. Gonna call Monday to see if my start week changed
Patton2502936.50
chicagofan0018923.00
      10-17-2021, 06:32 PM   #56
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xensane View Post
Got scheduled for production late this week. Gonna call Monday to see if my start week changed
I hope yours finally goes into production! Still makes no sense how ours didn't get built together.

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 09:12 AM   #57
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Ok, so Genius just told me I was week 46. I can deal with that, as long as it doesn't get bumped.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 11:39 AM   #58
Kimchiguy79
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 Lexus IS500 FSP Launch Ed

You guys are so lucky to have online tracking. Here in Canada we get nothing. My only source of information is a semi-responsive SA and calling the BMW Canada contact centre. Just confirmed today I got bumped from Sept, then Oct and now I'm build week 45.
Appreciate 1
Stans52.50
      10-21-2021, 10:47 PM   #59
Stans
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimchiguy79 View Post
You guys are so lucky to have online tracking. Here in Canada we get nothing. My only source of information is a semi-responsive SA and calling the BMW Canada contact centre. Just confirmed today I got bumped from Sept, then Oct and now I'm build week 45.
Same thing over here in Germany. My SA takes a couple days to respond to calls or texts. It's frustrating. Coming from the states where the sales for previous purchases would call too often. Now it's hard to get a response to a text.

It took my SA about a month to get me a quote on winter wheels and tires. I was trying to spend an additional $3.5-4K and my SA seems bothered that I ask him to assist me in purchasing a vehicle and accessories that have almost eclipsed $100K cumulative. Eventually he sent me a quote and I went directly to the parts department because he was not helpful or responsive.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 12:00 AM   #60
Kimchiguy79
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 Lexus IS500 FSP Launch Ed

Quote:
Same thing over here in Germany. My SA takes a couple days to respond to calls or texts. It's frustrating. Coming from the states where the sales for previous purchases would call too often. Now it's hard to get a response to a text.

It took my SA about a month to get me a quote on winter wheels and tires. I was trying to spend an additional $3.5-4K and my SA seems bothered that I ask him to assist me in purchasing a vehicle and accessories that have almost eclipsed $100K cumulative. Eventually he sent me a quote and I went directly to the parts department because he was not helpful or responsive.
It really is a lottery in getting an allocation, production, shipment, delivery and even the SA you deal with. I try to be understanding that it's a very tough time for automotive sales with all the product delays and shortages. While it could be assumed SA are not busy selling non-existent product, they're likely scratching and clawing to get every sale and the dealing with 10 times more follow up requests from clients. So I have pretty solid line of communication with the Sales Manager and he's been very responsive in comparison. But I temper how many requests I escalate.

When dealing with parts, you've done right by going straight to them but you may want to consider alternatives as well. I bought my winter tires from a tire guy I trust and he never lets me down.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 08:04 AM   #61
edofloat
Captain
Rep

Quote:

The SA may only be paid for accessories you buy at the time of sale. After-sale for any part or accessories just save the trouble and call the parts people instead. If the SA gets paid off accessory sales after the car is delivered I think I'd find a different SA. The SA should have asked the pats people to contact you promptly.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 08:42 AM   #62
Stans
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by edofloat View Post
The SA may only be paid for accessories you buy at the time of sale. After-sale for any part or accessories just save the trouble and call the parts people instead. If the SA gets paid off accessory sales after the car is delivered I think I'd find a different SA. The SA should have asked the pats people to contact you promptly.
Possibly. But he did offer to help and even offered. "His discount". I know others that have used the same dealership that have a completely different experience. I know that I'm not his only sale and maybe I expect too much. Every change to my schedule has been prompted by me texting him, not him updating me on his own. I only text him about 1 or 2 times a week. Not trying to bug him but I expect a little bit of unsolicited communication.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 08:54 AM   #63
edofloat
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Possibly. But he did offer to help and even offered. "His discount". I know others that have used the same dealership that have a completely different experience. I know that I'm not his only sale and maybe I expect too much. Every change to my schedule has been prompted by me texting him, not him updating me on his own. I only text him about 1 or 2 times a week. Not trying to bug him but I expect a little bit of unsolicited communication.
I think I'd be blunt and tell him you want to be contacted once per week, that isn't an imposition...it's easy.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 09:46 AM   #64
Stans
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by edofloat View Post
I think I'd be blunt and tell him you want to be contacted once per week, that isn't an imposition...it's easy.
Hopefully, only a couple weeks left. As soon as I get the VIN I'll be less concerned I think. Last time I talked to him, I asked him just to let me know if anything changes. So I haven't spoken with him since Tuesday when we last spoke about the wheels and tires. I'll patiently wait until week 45 and if I haven't heard anything I'll ask if there's a change. If they delay me again I'll likely be entitled to compensation. In Germany delays beyond 6 weeks of the original expected delivery, then you will be compensated. So I at least have that going for me, even if I don't know exactly what kind of compensation it is.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 11:59 AM   #65
ano0oj
Captain
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 AWD, '23 Macan S

It is week 45 and my production status is still "scheduled for production"!!!! Usually it got kicked back to "order received" 1 week before the said production date

getting excited
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 12:35 PM   #66
edofloat
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ano0oj View Post
It is week 45 and my production status is still "scheduled for production"!!!! Usually it got kicked back to "order received" 1 week before the said production date

getting excited
Perhaps by the end of this week give or take a day or two we will move to production begins. This way they can leave it there a few weeks and thereby kick the can a few weeks back to week 47 so we may join BIGW0RM due to possible X-drive shortage issues. Not sure if we should hold breath here or not.
Appreciate 0