home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums CANADA

09-20-2021, 02:17 PM   #45
zambarossa
Vault Dweller
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 6MT (Dravit/KO/ZPP)

Do you guys think these would work in a square setup? I plan to test the wheels for fitment once I have the car, but looking for any obvious incompatibility.
Either
https://www.envywheels.com/wheel-spe...ductId=A246498
Or
https://www.envywheels.com/wheel-spe...ductId=A246520

RIM size - 19
RIM width - 9.5
Bolt pattern - 5-x112
Hub bore - 66.6
Offset - ET20

P.S. They only recommended the Liquid Metal finish for winter use (A246520).
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2021, 03:03 PM   #46
DecemberStorm
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by amzbimmer View Post
Thanks for that link. I am trying to replicate this setup in the USA, the two dealers the manufacturer recommended were CarID and Automotivestuff, but they have mixed reviews so I'm a bit hesitant to order.

Were you able to try to wheels on the car to verify fitment? I want to be sure before ordering these.
id imagine any tire shop can source the rims for you so just keep looking i guess.. choices are slim so far and prices arent' the cheapest imo

have not done a test fitment yet.. will report back
      09-21-2021, 11:16 AM   #47
Osiris888
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: .

Winter Tires discussion!?!?

I would also pay attention as much as possible to quality of the wheel.

As mentioned previously a car with this kind of horsepower/torque requires a strong alloy and wheel construction.
Appreciate 1
evilalien447.50
      09-28-2021, 07:51 PM   #48
SilverKast
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3C

I just went with the factory package from the dealer, which they said should arrive in a couple of weeks. Figured it was easier to just get whatever was designed for the car and not have to worry about sizing and fit issues. Did seem a little pricey, but what isn't at a dealership?
Appreciate 2
evilalien447.50
dwlc8374.50
      10-04-2021, 04:15 PM   #49
Osiris888
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: .

I did the same

Oddly enough the person I was working with to order them said they have a large amount already built and in stock at the Montreal warehouse.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 10:57 PM   #50
tydntydj
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: m235i

Garage List
2019 BMW X5 40i  [0.00]
2016 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecemberStorm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by amzbimmer View Post
Thanks for that link. I am trying to replicate this setup in the USA, the two dealers the manufacturer recommended were CarID and Automotivestuff, but they have mixed reviews so I'm a bit hesitant to order.

Were you able to try to wheels on the car to verify fitment? I want to be sure before ordering these.
id imagine any tire shop can source the rims for you so just keep looking i guess.. choices are slim so far and prices arent' the cheapest imo

have not done a test fitment yet.. will report back
You end up doing the test fitting?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2021, 10:11 AM   #51
Kimchiguy79
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 Lexus IS500 FSP Launch Ed

Is anyone crazy enough to mount winter tires on the OEM staggered setup? As in just swapping the rubber?
Appreciate 1
Medal469.50
      10-08-2021, 11:25 AM   #52
DecemberStorm
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tydntydj View Post
not yet... im trying to book for next Wed now for the test fitment

sry to keep you, amzbimmer , and all the other folks waiting ... hope we have more aftermarket choices soon and px come down!
      10-08-2021, 02:59 PM   #53
tydntydj
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: m235i

Garage List
2019 BMW X5 40i  [0.00]
2016 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tydntydj View Post

sry to keep you, amzbimmer , and all the other folks waiting ... hope we have more aftermarket choices soon and px come down!
Thanks the update, appreciate the info 🙏
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2021, 08:12 PM   #54
barryc365
Major
Rep
Drives: BMWM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimchiguy79 View Post
Is anyone crazy enough to mount winter tires on the OEM staggered setup? As in just swapping the rubber?
Yes, I'm considering this as an option. Tire Rack has the Winter Sotto Zero for about $1500. I don't do big miles at all so was thinking this could be an option.

Any one any thoughts on this? Bear in mind, I'm not doing a lot of miles, and don't drive daily
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 01:58 PM   #55
VancityG82
Private
Rep
Drives: 22’ BG M4 xDrive

I live in Vancouver and still waiting for my car to arrive (which should have arrived by now but has been delayed for more than 2 months and is still stuck in status 155 for 5 weeks+ now). Being in Vancouver my M4 xDrive will not see snow so I am deciding between 1. changing the stock summer tires to Michellin Pilot Sport A/S 4 or 2. Buying another wheels and winter tires. Its my first time buying a sports car in Vancouver so would like to hear some opinions.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 04:47 PM   #56
Medal
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryc365 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimchiguy79 View Post
Yes, I'm considering this as an option. Tire Rack has the Winter Sotto Zero for about $1500. I don't do big miles at all so was thinking this could be an option.

Any one any thoughts on this? Bear in mind, I'm not doing a lot of miles, and don't drive daily
I'm more than likely doing this in southern NH…I don't need to drive in the snow if I don't want to, and have my wife's SUV if I really need to.

That and I work from home…lastly, if I'm going to buy new wheels, it'll be something nice like HRE's for the summer, and run the stock 825M wheels for the winter.
      10-11-2021, 04:49 PM   #57
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by VancityG82 View Post
I live in Vancouver and still waiting for my car to arrive (which should have arrived by now but has been delayed for more than 2 months and is still stuck in status 155 for 5 weeks+ now). Being in Vancouver my M4 xDrive will not see snow so I am deciding between 1. changing the stock summer tires to Michellin Pilot Sport A/S 4 or 2. Buying another wheels and winter tires. Its my first time buying a sports car in Vancouver so would like to hear some opinions.
It won't see snow because you will garage it, or won't see snow because you think lower mainland Winter doesn't occasionally get almost cold?

If you want to take the car up to Squamish/Whistler, or out to the Coquihalla and beyond the you need snowflake-rated tires October through March (I think those are the months that the law kicks in).

My recommendation, having lived in the lower mainland for a few years and many more in places with real winter: run 2 sets, summers and performance winters. Why compromise on tires with a car like this? It is meant to be driven year-round, and with xDrive should be more than capable of handling Canadian winter (even silly mild "winter" like around Vancouver).
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 12:46 AM   #58
VancityG82
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilalien View Post
It won't see snow because you will garage it, or won't see snow because you think lower mainland Winter doesn't occasionally get almost cold?

If you want to take the car up to Squamish/Whistler, or out to the Coquihalla and beyond the you need snowflake-rated tires October through March (I think those are the months that the law kicks in).

My recommendation, having lived in the lower mainland for a few years and many more in places with real winter: run 2 sets, summers and performance winters. Why compromise on tires with a car like this? It is meant to be driven year-round, and with xDrive should be more than capable of handling Canadian winter (even silly mild "winter" like around Vancouver).
I live in Brentwood and commute to either Downtown Van or Richmond. I havent lived in Vancouver for a long time since I just recently relocated from Yukon Territory but all of my friends in Burnaby and Downtown Vancouver said they usually see max 3-4 days of light snow in these region over a year. I am not planning to drive to Whistler or anywhere North BC with M4 so I am not concerned about the legal obligation portion that you have mentioned.

My understanding is that performance all season is sufficient enough to handle mild snow of 3-4 days a year. Main reason for me to be hesitant for seperate winter set is that I really like the look of stock wheels and it would be too costly to purchase same stock BMW wheels + proper winter tires. Heck I was driving my WRX Sti with all season tirein Yukon, Whitehorse during -35 degrees winter and it was totally fine as long as I drive normally so its hard for me to imagine performance AS tires will struggle for grip at 1-4 degrees celcius in typical Van winter but I could be wrong.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 03:16 PM   #59
MUFCIOMG
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3

Went to a tire shop and the rims they have available for 275/35/19 is scarce ….

They recommended 255/40/19 all around, as this provides more wheel options? Has anyone considered this set up or advise against it for some reason.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 08:12 PM   #60
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I live in Brentwood and commute to either Downtown Van or Richmond. I havent lived in Vancouver for a long time since I just recently relocated from Yukon Territory but all of my friends in Burnaby and Downtown Vancouver said they usually see max 3-4 days of light snow in these region over a year. I am not planning to drive to Whistler or anywhere North BC with M4 so I am not concerned about the legal obligation portion that you have mentioned.

My understanding is that performance all season is sufficient enough to handle mild snow of 3-4 days a year. Main reason for me to be hesitant for seperate winter set is that I really like the look of stock wheels and it would be too costly to purchase same stock BMW wheels + proper winter tires. Heck I was driving my WRX Sti with all season tirein Yukon, Whitehorse during -35 degrees winter and it was totally fine as long as I drive normally so its hard for me to imagine performance AS tires will struggle for grip at 1-4 degrees celcius in typical Van winter but I could be wrong.
I hear you. I came to the Van area from Calgary. Not Yukon, but real winter nonetheless. I ask had an STI before my current BMW. I've driven dedicated summer and winter sets over my last three cars.

You're right in that it doesn't get too cold here for all-season rubber compounds. It does get too cold for summer (basically as of this week, much to my annoyance).

Do what you're comfortable with, and if you have the luxury of not having to drive in those few days of almost-winter, great. Personally, it is worth it to me to maximize those summer-friendly months (March/April through October) with summer tires and swap on an alternate set for the cold months. To each their own… good luck!
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 11:49 PM   #61
VancityG82
Private
Rep

Quote:
I hear you. I came to the Van area from Calgary. Not Yukon, but real winter nonetheless. I ask had an STI before my current BMW. I've driven dedicated summer and winter sets over my last three cars.

You're right in that it doesn't get too cold here for all-season rubber compounds. It does get too cold for summer (basically as of this week, much to my annoyance).

Do what you're comfortable with, and if you have the luxury of not having to drive in those few days of almost-winter, great. Personally, it is worth it to me to maximize those summer-friendly months (March/April through October) with summer tires and swap on an alternate set for the cold months. To each their own… good luck!
Thanks for the input! I remember seeing your username on pricing and order thread. Hope we both get the M4 soon. Which step or starus is yours at?
Appreciate 1
evilalien447.50
      10-13-2021, 02:52 PM   #62
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the input! I remember seeing your username on pricing and order thread. Hope we both get the M4 soon. Which step or starus is yours at?

Built, last update was it was in Bremerhaven waiting for a big boat. I don't have details yet on if it was loaded, what ship it is on, etc. But I expect delivery of my M3CX within the next month
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 11:00 AM   #63
DecemberStorm
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:

tydntydj amzbimmer and all those that are curious...

i did the test fit for the superspeed flow form rf05 yest.. and looks like all is fine will putting them on offically in a few weeks!

again the specs i went with are

Superspeed Flow Form RF05RR 9.5x19 et25 pcd 5x112 cb 66.6
Michelin Pilot Alpin 5 275/35/19
      10-15-2021, 01:16 AM   #64
Tommy22G80
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3C xDrive

1010tires Braelin rim?

got a quote from 1010tires, they recommend:

Braelin BR10 GUNMETAL 19X9.5, 5/112 OFFSET: 25

w/ Alpin 5, $4k installed.

any comments for Braelin wheel and if 1010tires will do a good job?

Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
LSP72.00
      10-15-2021, 04:24 AM   #65
barryc365
Major
Rep
Drives: BMWM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy22G80 View Post
got a quote from 1010tires, they recommend:

Braelin BR10 GUNMETAL 19X9.5, 5/112 OFFSET: 25

w/ Alpin 5, $4k installed.

any comments for Braelin wheel and if 1010tires will do a good job?

Thanks!
Did you try Tire Rack website? I thought they had similar options for $2500 ish
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 09:43 AM   #66
amzbimmer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 comp San Marino Status 112

Quote:
tydntydj amzbimmer and all those that are curious...

i did the test fit for the superspeed flow form rf05 yest.. and looks like all is fine will putting them on offically in a few weeks!

again the specs i went with are

Superspeed Flow Form RF05RR 9.5x19 et25 pcd 5x112 cb 66.6
Michelin Pilot Alpin 5 275/35/19
Thanks so much! I ordered the bronze ones to contrast with my San Marino blue. I'll probably get the wheels before the car, of course.