G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums CANADA

10-21-2021, 09:14 PM   #287
Kimchiguy79
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 Lexus IS500 FSP Launch Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlby18 View Post
I guess I shouldn't complain I got delayed. I wonder if they delay is the Fiona Red as a lot of people who got pushed back had the FR interior.

Regardless if it was on schedule it would have had the RAM hold. Just as Kimchiguy79 said hopefully Santa is good to us.

I've tried to search this forum to see if there's a pattern to the delays, but there really isn't.
I have Kyalami Orange but I don't think that delayed things. I also thought it might be a CF shortage but I don't have CF seats, exterior or roof. I think it's a luck of the draw and whatever they get in stock for their just in time chips and components.

Shinzzze I hope you get yours on a boat soon!
Part of me is wondering if Dalby and I got delayed because they wanted to resolve recall issues before setting ours to build but maybe that's wishful thinking.
Appreciate 1
Shinzzze195.50
      10-21-2021, 11:18 PM   #288
Shinzzze
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimchiguy79 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlby18 View Post
I guess I shouldn't complain I got delayed. I wonder if they delay is the Fiona Red as a lot of people who got pushed back had the FR interior.

Regardless if it was on schedule it would have had the RAM hold. Just as Kimchiguy79 said hopefully Santa is good to us.

I've tried to search this forum to see if there's a pattern to the delays, but there really isn't.
I have Kyalami Orange but I don't think that delayed things. I also thought it might be a CF shortage but I don't have CF seats, exterior or roof. I think it's a luck of the draw and whatever they get in stock for their just in time chips and components.

Shinzzze I hope you get yours on a boat soon!
Part of me is wondering if Dalby and I got delayed because they wanted to resolve recall issues before setting ours to build but maybe that's wishful thinking.
If you speak of a pattern, I find that all early deliveries were pretty much bare-bone builds (no exterior carbon pack, no Bucket seats). Week 31 was when the RAM stop-sale started and the average wait time at VPC just got longer and longer. Week 39 was when BMW started holding cars with missing RAM at QC due to long waiting queue at VPCs. BMW was prioritizing built cars so further production delays were introduced.

I guess Halifax is not capable of installing the RAM so my car got held up at Bremerhaven but other week 37 builds set sail to the US two weeks ago. US dealers are now telling people who is not yet ordered a minimum 9-month wait, including those who was impacted by the main bearing shell recall and wanting a new replacement.

On the side, M-performance carbon bits seem very accessible. Lead time is usually just a few days. I have a full set at dealer to replace the piano black trims weeks ago. Lmao
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 12:07 AM   #289
Kimchiguy79
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinzzze View Post
If you speak of a pattern, I find that all early deliveries were pretty much bare-bone builds (no exterior carbon pack, no Bucket seats). Week 31 was when the RAM stop-sale started and the average wait time at VPC just got longer and longer. Week 39 was when BMW started holding cars with missing RAM at QC due to long waiting queue at VPCs. BMW was prioritizing built cars so further production delays were introduced.

I guess Halifax is not capable of installing the RAM so my car got held up at Bremerhaven but other week 37 builds set sail to the US two weeks ago. US dealers are now telling people who is not yet ordered a minimum 9-month wait, including those who was impacted by the main bearing shell recall and wanting a new replacement.

On the side, M-performance carbon bits seem very accessible. Lead time is usually just a few days. I have a full set at dealer to replace the piano black trims weeks ago. Lmao
Those are some fantastic insights into where cars are being held up and the delay patterns. It makes sense for them to be held at QC and thus bumping production of Sept builds to Nov. I just wonder if they've resolved stop-sale issues by now so that all current builds can go through production.

It's crazy to think that now they're projecting a 9 month wait! I have a friend in Van who is trying to get an allocation so I wonder if he'll get his hands on one before next summer.

Not surprising that you've got parts all ready to go lol - I have winter tires waiting at my tire place I go to. Knowing my luck I'll be picking up my M3 in a December snowstorm... So maybe I should just bring my winters to the dealership and get them installed upon delivery.
Appreciate 1
Shinzzze195.50
      10-22-2021, 07:32 AM   #290
akBMWGrandRiver
Private
Rep
Drives: 22 X3 30i

The main areas of restrictions due to supply chains for G8X (as of Oct 6th):

M Carbon Buckets
Laser Lights
Parking Assistant Plus w/Surround View (I believe chips are being installed for this feature afterwards at Bremerhaven and causing the biggest delay)
Appreciate 2
Shinzzze195.50
evilalien450.50
      10-22-2021, 09:10 AM   #291
Kimchiguy79
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akBMWGrandRiver View Post

M Carbon Buckets
Laser Lights
Parking Assistant Plus w/Surround View (I believe chips are being installed for this feature afterwards at Bremerhaven and causing the biggest delay)
Thanks for the insights here! Do you know if BMW has cancelled many customer order features like Laserlights here in Canada? I've heard in the USA that several customers couldn't get Laserlights. The only feature that I've been told officially removed is wireless charging.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 01:16 PM   #292
akBMWGrandRiver
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimchiguy79 View Post
Thanks for the insights here! Do you know if BMW has cancelled many customer order features like Laserlights here in Canada? I've heard in the USA that several customers couldn't get Laserlights. The only feature that I've been told officially removed is wireless charging.
not cancelled just very slow at getting... and you're correct on wireless charging
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 05:59 PM   #293
Shinzzze
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:

M Carbon Buckets
Laser Lights
Maybe chip for parking assist doesn't show up as an "enhancement"? I only have RAM stop-sale but my car has been at Bremerhaven for over a month now
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 10:46 PM   #294
dubzz24
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Has anyone placed an order in the last few weeks? Wondering what the current time lines are looking like for order placing to allocation to production dates. I know things are slowing down...

I placed an order for a G80cx with individual paint 2 weeks ago. Took a week for BMW to approve the colour, and now I'm waiting for an allocation. Hoping to get the car by May lol.
Appreciate 1
evilalien450.50
      10-23-2021, 03:52 AM   #295
whoisziqitho
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4C Xdrive

Quote:

M Carbon Buckets
Laser Lights
I ordered G82 at GrandRiver!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2021, 10:48 AM   #296
akBMWGrandRiver
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisziqitho View Post
I ordered G82 at GrandRiver!
congrats! Frozen deep grey ?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2021, 03:07 PM   #297
whoisziqitho
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
congrats! Frozen deep grey ?
I submitted my spec today for December production, it's in Atlantis blue, hopefully it won't be cancelled
Appreciate 1
evilalien450.50
      10-23-2021, 03:48 PM   #298
dubzz24
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
I submitted my spec today for December production, it's in Atlantis blue, hopefully it won't be cancelled
Out of curiosity, when did you place your order? Did they have an open allocation? Atlantis blue should look great - I hope it happens!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2021, 05:14 PM   #299
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 Competition xDrive

Quote:
cars are starting to move our M3 for inventory just arrived on this side of the ocean finally
Just got confirmation today that mine left port on the 21st, ETA at port in Canada is 2021-11-04. Some of you are probably on the same ship

If anyone gets enough information to track the ship, let me know. I have a load number, not sure if that's enough without some more digging to correlate to a ship.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2021, 05:19 PM   #300
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubzz24 View Post
Has anyone placed an order in the last few weeks? Wondering what the current time lines are looking like for order placing to allocation to production dates. I know things are slowing down...

I placed an order for a G80cx with individual paint 2 weeks ago. Took a week for BMW to approve the colour, and now I'm waiting for an allocation. Hoping to get the car by May lol.
Well, you have more information from my DM, but I've updated my timeline at https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1835705

~6 months from production number to leaving Bremerhaven. Another month now until I take delivery.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2021, 08:48 PM   #301
whoisziqitho
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Out of curiosity, when did you place your order? Did they have an open allocation? Atlantis blue should look great - I hope it happens!
I paid the deposit one month ago for a January allocation, but I submitted my final config today for a December allocation, they told me it will be the week starting from December 6th.
My original plan was to use January allocation but given the current situation that individual order will be delayed for 3 months, so I am not sure what does that December allocation mean, probably just let me wait in line and the car will be delivered in March or April eventually.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2021, 08:22 AM   #302
LSP
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche9114S, VolXC90T8, BMWX5

Quote:
Quote:

M Carbon Buckets
Laser Lights
Maybe chip for parking assist doesn't show up as an "enhancement"? I only have RAM stop-sale but my car has been at Bremerhaven for over a month now
Quote:
Quote:

M Carbon Buckets
Laser Lights
I've lost count; Other than Shinzzze and I, who else has their car built and is waiting on the RAM fix? I've only waited two weeks so far for the fix.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2021, 04:30 PM   #303
codestar
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 Model S P100D

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilalien View Post
Quote:
cars are starting to move our M3 for inventory just arrived on this side of the ocean finally
Just got confirmation today that mine left port on the 21st, ETA at port in Canada is 2021-11-04. Some of you are probably on the same ship

If anyone gets enough information to track the ship, let me know. I have a load number, not sure if that's enough without some more digging to correlate to a ship.
Just got this update from my SA. I'm at 190 with an ETA 2021-12-02. Probably not on the same ship as you but finally some progress!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
evilalien450.50
      10-24-2021, 09:47 PM   #304
biznis32
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw

I’ve been at port for two weeks. My production week was 38. I’ll bug my SA this week and see if the car is in transit.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 01:42 PM   #305
VancityG82
Private
Rep
Drives: 22’ BG M4 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by codestar View Post
Just got this update from my SA. I'm at 190 with an ETA 2021-12-02. Probably not on the same ship as you but finally some progress!
Did you order from Park Shore BMW? I ordered mine from there and SA sent the exact same screenshot albeit with my production number.
      10-25-2021, 01:59 PM   #306
codestar
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 Model S P100D

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VancityG82 View Post
Quote:
Did you order from Park Shore BMW? I ordered mine from there and SA sent the exact same screenshot albeit with my production number.
Nope I ordered from the BMW store on Burrard
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 02:17 PM   #307
VancityG82
Private
Rep
Drives: 22’ BG M4 xDrive

Quote:
Nope I ordered from the BMW store on Burrard
That is interesting cause my screenshot also shows 3 in Transit and was assuming its 3 cars from my dealer that is in Transit. Are you able to check with https://bmw-recall-tool.netlify.app/ to see if your stop sale has changed from open to closed? Mine is still showing open despite the ETA arrival date given
      10-25-2021, 02:19 PM   #308
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I paid the deposit one month ago for a January allocation, but I submitted my final config today for a December allocation, they told me it will be the week starting from December 6th.
My original plan was to use January allocation but given the current situation that individual order will be delayed for 3 months, so I am not sure what does that December allocation mean, probably just let me wait in line and the car will be delivered in March or April eventually.
December allocation should mean a December production date. You'll find out early November, which is when you get your production number. If they bump you out of December due to Individual schedules, then that means someone else will get that December production allocation.

Once you have a production number, and delivery earlier than +6 months would be a bonus, based on supply-chain uncertainty. Plan for June delivery
Appreciate 0