home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums USA - California

11-30-2021, 03:57 PM   #23
Grrveer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C (sold) 2018 M2 (sold)

Has anyone purchased (allocation/waiting-list) from San Rafael BMW? If so, can you share your experience.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2021, 03:45 PM   #24
xstntl
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Comp Conv

Roseville sold to me at MSRP
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2022, 10:02 PM   #25
Frostycaps
"Kayzo and Slander"
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i XDrive Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstntl View Post
Damn, they just charged me 5K over for a custom build! Ill have to reject and try another approach method lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2022, 09:00 AM   #26
zioziozio
Private
Rep
Drives: m550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstntl View Post
Roseville told me $20k above msrp for a M3. Seems very greedy being that we just ordered a new X7 at msrp and traded in another expensive suv. I found a cancelled order in Modesto that is selling $2,500 above msrp.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2022, 03:32 PM   #27
mthused
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 50 Jahre M3, 2004 M3

Even more egregious markups...

Just got off the phone with BMW of Riverside- they're asking $25k over MSRP on M3s...

As a result, they get a permanent ban from me on buying from them.

Santa Monica had $15k over a few days ago, willing to go to $10k but no further on a nice Dravit Grey M3C Xdr.

I didn't bite there (still too much), but at least they were nice about it and willing to deal a little.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2022, 08:20 AM   #28
zioziozio
Private
Rep
Drives: m550i

Sacramento area new car dealers are the worst. Some of the highest “market adjustments” in the USA.

Call around, a M3 from Nebraska vs one from your local dealer is the exact same car.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2022, 08:52 AM   #29
GruppeGee
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3, 991.2 3RS

I got mines yesterday at MSRP with the $500 rebate taken off the MSRP as well from a local dealer here in NJ (BMW of Bloomfield) and they have their cars marked up $30k on the showroom floor. Those cars are sitting and not selling, you can often tell how many days the cars are sitting on their lots as well.

They claimed they get $10k over on every car and the story just doesn't add up. $30k markup but consistent $10k over??? I encourage everyone to look nationally for cars and you will be surprised at what you will find. I stumbled on my car literally being pulled off the truck at this dealer and walked in. I was totally blunt with them MSRP plus the rebate or I wouldnt buy the car. They spent over a day dropping from $30k over to $10k over to $5k over and settling at MSRP which is a home run for any dealer. I got the rebate as a returning customer and saved $500.

I had a deal to get a car from dealer in Sioux Falls of all places. MSRP for the one car he had coming in and I pay for shipping. My friend ended up taking that car instead. Look outside of your area, shipping enclosed is easy enough and you will find a better deal. Even if you go $1k to 3k over its better than what you are seeing locally. Good luck
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2022, 08:28 PM   #30
AdipopM
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthused View Post
Just got off the phone with BMW of Riverside- they're asking $25k over MSRP on M3s...

As a result, they get a permanent ban from me on buying from them.

Santa Monica had $15k over a few days ago, willing to go to $10k but no further on a nice Dravit Grey M3C Xdr.

I didn't bite there (still too much), but at least they were nice about it and willing to deal a little.
I tried to buy that car earlier but the dealer was Extremely rude with me, talked to me as if asking for a dime less than 15k was blasphemy
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2022, 06:55 AM   #31
DaiLyCS
First Class
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdipopM View Post
I tried to buy that car earlier but the dealer was Extremely rude with me, talked to me as if asking for a dime less than 15k was blasphemy
That crazy, I wouldn’t do business with them, I was looking at ct4 blackwing here in NorCal and they want $30k markup at least they wasn’t rude lol, but here at eastbay bmw there are no markup, but I’m not sure if you have to be local
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2022, 05:47 AM   #32
AdipopM
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiLyG80 View Post
That crazy, I wouldn’t do business with them, I was looking at ct4 blackwing here in NorCal and they want $30k markup at least they wasn’t rude lol, but here at eastbay bmw there are no markup, but I’m not sure if you have to be local
Yeh in general most of the NorCal dealers are very reasonable. I live in SF and having tried most of the local dealers, they are pretty close to MSRP if not at MSRP. The only problem is stock - SoCal just has more stock and variety.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2022, 06:04 AM   #33
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdipopM View Post
Yeh in general most of the NorCal dealers are very reasonable. I live in SF and having tried most of the local dealers, they are pretty close to MSRP if not at MSRP. The only problem is stock - SoCal just has more stock and variety.
That’s pretty cool that they are “reasonable”.

Let me explain

Let’s say said dealership has 2 allocations and 32 people want them. I don’t care if that dealership is being run by Father Flanagan himself they are gonna get the most money they can for those allocations out of those 32 people. Someone in that group is going to pay over MSRP and probably significantly over.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 01:42 AM   #34
dadamengo
Registered
Rep
Drives: M3 F80 white

I paid 7.5K markup on mine. G80 x-drive fully loaded with bucket seats. Bought if from Bob Smith in Calabasas.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 02:04 AM   #35
tooshay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20+M3 badge

Just do some homework and you’ll find some dealers will sell at msrp. I found 3 in SoCal that will do it. I got mine at sticker with 500 loyalty and 500 rebate.
      03-22-2022, 06:16 PM   #36
MunkyTool
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 Comp X-Drive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooshay View Post
Just do some homework and you'll find some dealers will sell at msrp. I found 3 in SoCal that will do it. I got mine at sticker with 500 loyalty and 500 rebate.
Which dealers did you work with?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 06:25 PM   #37
tooshay
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkyTool View Post
BMW of San Diego only sells at msrp and Dan helped me do an easy transaction.

Dave at BMW of Murrieta only sells at msrp. He’s super nice and easy to deal with.

Dave at Valencia BMW sells at msrp. He’s very helpful and easy to deal with.

Steve Thomas BMW only sells at msrp.
      03-22-2022, 06:27 PM   #38
GGG333
m
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkyTool View Post

Dave at BMW of Murrieta only sells at msrp. He’s super nice and easy to deal with.

They all sell @ MSRP…. Yet no allocations

They only thing they are selling for MSRP are hopes & dreams.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 06:36 PM   #39
tooshay
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK__LA View Post
They all sell @ MSRP…. Yet no allocations

They only thing they are selling for MSRP are hopes & dreams.
You’re a funny guy. They sell at msrp, so you think they have M3/4 just sitting around or allocations with no buyers? Everyone goes to them to buy or go on the waiting list. That’s the reality of buying an M3/4 right now.
      03-22-2022, 06:45 PM   #40
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
You’re a funny guy. They sell at msrp, so you think they have M3/4 just sitting around or allocations with no buyers? Everyone goes to them to buy or go on the waiting list. That’s the reality of buying an M3/4 right now.
I think what he was saying, even though he was being sarcastic, is a dealership claiming to sell something at MSRP that they don’t have and won’t have it’s really a meaningless statement. I think what you are saying is that these dealerships sell these things at MSRP during normal times when they have them. Most dealerships, hell most businesses, no, all smart businesses are going to sell their products at what people will pay for them. It’s nothing personal it’s just business. I paid MSRP for both my G80s in the year 2021. That same dealership, when they actually get an allocation is getting 20K over now. We can complain and whine all we want but unfortunately there are people paying them for it. Their last four allocations in fact. If you put your house up for sale and you thought a fair price was 600 K and someone offered you that and then I came along and offered you 700 K what are you going to do? Don’t bother answering because we all know what you would do.
Appreciate 1
GGG333603.50
      03-22-2022, 07:13 PM   #41
GGG333
m
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Quote:
I think what he was saying, even though he was being sarcastic, is a dealership claiming to sell something at MSRP that they don’t have and won’t have it’s really a meaningless statement. I think what you are saying is that these dealerships sell these things at MSRP during normal times when they have them. Most dealerships, hell most businesses, no, all smart businesses are going to sell their products at what people will pay for them. It’s nothing personal it’s just business. I paid MSRP for both my G80s in the year 2021. That same dealership, when they actually get an allocation is getting 20K over now. We can complain and whine all we want but unfortunately there are people paying them for it. Their last four allocations in fact. If you put your house up for sale and you thought a fair price was 600 K and someone offered you that and then I came along and offered you 700 K what are you going to do? Don’t bother answering because we all know what you would do.

Thank you

Just tired of hearing " MSRP" fantasy's in socal with 25 person waiting lists and these dealers aren't getting shit.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 08:34 PM   #42
MunkyTool
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 Comp X-Drive

Garage List
Quote:

Thanks! I'm on with San Diego and Valencia. (And some others) Will try Steve Thomas as well.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 09:16 PM   #43
tooshay
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Thank you

Just tired of hearing " MSRP" fantasy's in socal with 25 person waiting lists and these dealers aren't getting shit.
https://kilter.com/

National search on bmw inventory. If you don’t wanna wait, start making some phone calls or write some emails. Lol
      03-23-2022, 12:24 AM   #44
GGG333
m
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thank you

https://kilter.com/

National search on bmw inventory. If you don’t wanna wait, start making some phone calls or write some emails. Lol
I'm week 18.
Thanks
Appreciate 0