Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

11-28-2021, 11:06 AM   #1
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Comp

Opf / Gpf sensor hose query

Hello. I am looking to extend the length of the gpf sensor hoses so they can reach the connections on a single midpipe. They way these sensor connections are designed seemed like BMW expected us to stick with their ridiculously mute exhaust setup. Its a bit of an issue if you cant to go custom or single midpipe as one hose will not be able to reach the piping.

The picture of the hose is attached. I am guessing the type of the hose will be the same as a DPF. The internal diameter according to my amateurish measurement is 7mm. The length was 7cm which would not reach the valvetronic midpipe on one side.

What i am trying to ask is, can i go for any tube with the same internal diameter but add heat shielding? Any links for high temperature hoses? The BMW oem ones are going to be really expensive. I am also going to be buying a size up and a size down to make up for any measurement errors.

This is one of the unexpected steps i need to take to give one last go to the valvetronic midipipe installation on EU gpf infested car.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0