BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
Technical Sections Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

10-25-2021, 10:41 AM   #1
S@v3f3rris
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3C xDrive

Differential lock + more errors

My 2022 M3C xDrive had an electronics freak-out on Friday. Started the car and had multiple error messages: differential lock driving stability limited, passive restraint failure (seatbelt tightening/airbag), parking assist failure. I had just been driving in cold rain to run an errand. When I started to make the short drive home, power steering went out too and computer intermittently rev limited the engine.

Haven't even had the break in service yet, though I've been abiding by dealer break in guidance. I didn't have the presence of mind to get a picture of the errors in the moment and codes cleared after car was in garage a few hours. Car is at the dealer now being examined. Hopefully it's a bad battery or sensor or at least something that can be identified. No word back yet. Anyone else have this issue?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 08:02 PM   #2
portimaoblue_g80
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 G80 M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@v3f3rris View Post
My 2022 M3C xDrive had an electronics freak-out on Friday. Started the car and had multiple error messages: differential lock driving stability limited, passive restraint failure (seatbelt tightening/airbag), parking assist failure. I had just been driving in cold rain to run an errand. When I started to make the short drive home, power steering went out too and computer intermittently rev limited the engine.

Haven't even had the break in service yet, though I've been abiding by dealer break in guidance. I didn't have the presence of mind to get a picture of the errors in the moment and codes cleared after car was in garage a few hours. Car is at the dealer now being examined. Hopefully it's a bad battery or sensor or at least something that can be identified. No word back yet. Anyone else have this issue?
Were you using that little card that you can use as a key?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 08:05 PM   #3
S@v3f3rris
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by portimaoblue_g80 View Post
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by portimaoblue_g80 View Post
Nope. Just using regular key.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 04:28 PM   #4
GixY2K
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 GLA45AMG(his) / '21 X3M40i

Quote:
What was the outcome?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 05:09 PM   #5
S@v3f3rris
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GixY2K View Post
Quote:
What was the outcome?
From the service team: fault codes set were all in relation to the flexray which is a bus system that allows communication between multiple modules. Due to the faults occurring only once and not currently active, we may never know the initial cause. The test plan verifies the communication is properly functioning at this time and deems the fault occurrence erroneous (similar to a computer glitch cured by a restart).

I've got 1300 miles on it now. Hasn't happened again.
Appreciate 1
GixY2K515.00
      11-25-2021, 12:55 PM   #6
KiloCo
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota// 22 G82 M4 Comp

Quote:

Your M car is allergic to the cold and rain Thats why my 22 M4 Comp is the official garage queen in 4SRanch.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13024.50
      11-26-2021, 11:37 AM   #7
S@v3f3rris
Private
Rep

I plan to daily drive in all seasons, so hoping M3C kryptonite isn't cold rain.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2023, 11:39 AM   #8
rmg223
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3C xDrive

Quote:

I know this is a really old thread but have you had this issue ever happen again and what was the outcome? I just had the exact same thing happen to my '23 M3C after I washed it and when I turned it off and back on the faults were gone.
Appreciate 0