11-19-2021, 07:51 PM   #45
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibiza View Post
Did you take delivery before the event? NO.

We might have a grounds for a class action cause of action litigation if dealerships refuse to honor. That would be treble damages for each $1,000 declined by a greedy CA.
I'm glad there at least seems to be a chance of some recourse.

I always wonder about these kinds of 'discounts', not as if one can negotiate for a price and after the # is agreed upon you whip out this discount and they magically take off $1K. You probably have to tell them beforehand and they'll make up something like "oh ya, we took that $1K into account when we came up w the #". Hopefully the person's you quoted is a get-around for this fluff and actually makes them take $1K off.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 09:45 PM   #46
anasryadi
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 X30i

Be aware!!! Some dealers wouldn't want to register you so that they won't have to honor the $1000 since they contribute $500 and they got greedy with the markups. I went to bob smith bmw in calabazas and I waisted my time with the test drive and I didn't receive anything today and when asked them they said that they are not participating in the event even if they have a huge banner in the dealership that says test drive to end hunger. Make sure they register you before you leave. Do it in two dealerships to make sure you get at least one.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2021, 07:22 AM   #47
Mach550
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i

Garage List
2019 BMW M550i  [8.00]
Years ago my dealer mentioned that when I placed my order if anything changed that made the deal more beneficial for me before I took delivery that I could change and take advantage of new offers. If you're dealers are saying otherwise I'd assume they're trash.
      11-20-2021, 08:06 AM   #48
slalomfever
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nardo Grey F80

seems to be a Western region promotion. North East dealers are not participating in this promotion at this time.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2021, 11:03 AM   #49
LimeRock
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW & Porsche

Dealer said I can't do it bc order was placed before November 2nd :/

Appreciate 0
      11-20-2021, 11:38 AM   #50
LookBothWays
Private
Rep
Drives: Tahoe

Just got off the phone with a dealership. I was asking about this promotion and the finance credit of $2500 on the 5 series and was told the finance credit to be locked in would be contingent on actually applying for the loan at this time and that any deposit would be forfeited even if the car were delivered with missing options or length of time since ordering if I didn't take the car. Does this sound right?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2021, 02:13 PM   #51
spectrumphoto
Just another peanut in the Turd!
United_States
Rep
Drives: g16M850;f30M550;f80M3-ED;e90M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookBothWays View Post
Just got off the phone with a dealership. I was asking about this promotion and the finance credit of $2500 on the 5 series and was told the finance credit to be locked in would be contingent on actually applying for the loan at this time and that any deposit would be forfeited even if the car were delivered with missing options or length of time since ordering if I didn't take the car. Does this sound right?
Here is my current experience. Granted I have purchased several cars from this Dealer/SA. I believe only time I ever had to do a "token" deposit was when I did ED several years ago, otherwise never had to place a deposit. Dealer does need to run a Credit App to lock in current rates and promotions. If when you pick up your car and rates/promotions are better then dealer should run a new application and apply current rates/promos.... I doubt things will be getting better for the time being. I locked my deal in September and since then programs have gotten worse and MF has gone up twice so far, so it looks like I'll be using Sept Programs at this point.

Local laws might affect "deposit rules" I believe in California dealerships are required by law to give back your deposit (not 100% on that) Personally I would never work with a dealership that would not refund a deposit, especially in this market where Dealerships need and are selling every car they have. Average Days on lot for a new car is sitting at 9 days from my understanding.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2021, 05:35 PM   #52
BMWCCA1
BMW Owner Since 1971
Rep
Drives: 1964 700 Sport Cabriolet

Garage List
2013 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Yeah, it seems not to be a program anywhere but the western region. I'm in the eastern region and we know nothing about it. It's not on the BMW USA website, only dealer websites. From my recent experience during the shortage, these dealers are all charging over MSRP anyway. My dealer group does not allow that.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2021, 07:46 PM   #53
NightWriter
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Pure

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCCA1 View Post
Yeah, it seems not to be a program anywhere but the western region. I'm in the eastern region and we know nothing about it. It's not on the BMW USA website...
That link I provided to the event (https://www.bmwusa.com/drivetoendhunger.html) is certainly hosted on the BMW US website, though I agree it's not featured front-and-center... rather they are promoting Black Friday there already.

Nevertheless, all BMW dealerships in the US (except Manhattan, I believe) are independently owned and operated, and are not obligated to participate in these kinds of sales promotions... especially when their new car inventories are already decimated.
      11-20-2021, 08:50 PM   #54
anasryadi
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWriter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCCA1 View Post
Yeah, it seems not to be a program anywhere but the western region. I'm in the eastern region and we know nothing about it. It's not on the BMW USA website...
That link I provided to the event (https://www.bmwusa.com/drivetoendhunger.html) is certainly hosted on the BMW US website, though I agree it's not featured front-and-center... rather they are promoting Black Friday there already.

Nevertheless, all BMW dealerships in the US (except Manhattan, I believe) are independently owned and operated, and are not obligated to participate in these kinds of sales promotions... especially when their new car inventories are already decimated.
Bmw of Manhattan is owned by BMWUSA ?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2021, 09:25 PM   #55
anasryadi
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalomfever View Post
seems to be a Western region promotion. North East dealers are not participating in this promotion at this time.
Don't believe them when they say that! It's either they don't to contribute with the remaining $500 or they don't want to donate $20 for you test drive. I found that link where they register you to get code because I remembered the link from the dealers screen. There is one for the east coast and another one for the west coast. I don't know if it's appropriate to post it here for everyone to sign up.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2021, 01:32 AM   #56
mffarrell
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M550i Porsche 911 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
By mentioning participating dealers, i am wondering if those dealers have to contribute their share towards the offer.
The dealer has to contribute $500.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2021, 02:27 AM   #57
anasryadi
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mffarrell View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
By mentioning participating dealers, i am wondering if those dealers have to contribute their share towards the offer.
The dealer has to contribute $500.
If they're selling car for msrp or higher I think contributing that $500 is the least that they can do and it's matched.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2021, 07:34 AM   #58
NightWriter
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Pure

Quote:
Originally Posted by anasryadi View Post
Bmw of Manhattan is owned by BMWUSA ?
I believe so. There's a thread discussing it here: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1250634
      11-21-2021, 08:37 AM   #59
BMWCCA1
BMW Owner Since 1971
Rep
Drives: 1964 700 Sport Cabriolet

Garage List
2013 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWriter View Post
Only linked to from an individual dealership website, likely how you got to it. Nothing on the BMWUSA site advertising it or linking to it. It is up to the individual dealership and not all are participating. Can't say whether your offer code from another dealer will work where you end up buying if that's not the same store as where you did the test-drive. Dealers are having a hard enough time right now with four new cars in stock and having to face customers who ordered their $90k cars only to find once they arrive at the dealership that they're receiving a $500 discount for not getting touch-screen. And who is left to explain that to them? And who is left to tell them that if the car they ordered two months ago were to have been built two-days later they would have had touch-screen? If BMW wants to give away food and rebates, let them do it. Don't make the poor salesman whose income has been cut by often 3/4s since the pandemic have to explain it. And then there's the issue of the dealerships who have received PPP money and not passed any of it to their employees who have suffered the income loss. Okay, you got me started again . . . .
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2021, 11:22 AM   #60
botan22
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X3 xDrive30i

In case it was not shared here. This is the link I was sent by the dealer for registering for the event: https://2021bmwdrivetoendhungersr.eventsbmw.com/#rsvp
It gives you a code that dealer needs (allegedly) to get the discount/credit.
Appreciate 3
      11-21-2021, 01:31 PM   #61
anasryadi
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by botan22 View Post
In case it was not shared here. This is the link I was sent by the dealer for registering for the event: https://2021bmwdrivetoendhungersr.eventsbmw.com/#rsvp
It gives you a code that dealer needs (allegedly) to get the discount/credit.
That's the link that I wanted to share with everyone. I did some digging and found out the one for the west coast. Dealership didn't give it to me but instead wanted me to register in his computer but I just remembered the link. It's not advertised anywhere, I wish I found it so I wouldn't have to go to the dealer and pretend I'm buying a car. If anyone wants me to post the other 2 links I will. But I think that even if they select any dealership even from another state it will send a code.
Appreciate 1
iSpY21.00
      11-21-2021, 01:43 PM   #62
botan22
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
That's the link that I wanted to share with everyone. I did some digging and found out the one for the west coast. Dealership didn't give it to me but instead wanted me to register in his computer but I just remembered the link. It's not advertised anywhere, I wish I found it so I wouldn't have to go to the dealer and pretend I'm buying a car. If anyone wants me to post the other 2 links I will. But I think that even if they select any dealership even from another state it will send a code.
In fact I registered for two dealerships that I was planning to negotiate with and got two codes. Ended up in a different dealership and they didn’t ask me to register.
But shortly after I registered my social media got targeted by BMW commercials… so beware everyone.
Appreciate 1
      11-22-2021, 12:08 PM   #63
partialresponse
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '04 E46 ZHP 6MT, '22 G22 RWD

Quote:
Yes, please post the link for the West Coast. My order was placed in Sept. but I’ll give it a try anyway.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 05:49 PM   #64
LookBothWays
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrumphoto View Post
Here is my current experience. Granted I have purchased several cars from this Dealer/SA. I believe only time I ever had to do a "token" deposit was when I did ED several years ago, otherwise never had to place a deposit. Dealer does need to run a Credit App to lock in current rates and promotions. If when you pick up your car and rates/promotions are better then dealer should run a new application and apply current rates/promos.... I doubt things will be getting better for the time being. I locked my deal in September and since then programs have gotten worse and MF has gone up twice so far, so it looks like I'll be using Sept Programs at this point.

Local laws might affect "deposit rules" I believe in California dealerships are required by law to give back your deposit (not 100% on that) Personally I would never work with a dealership that would not refund a deposit, especially in this market where Dealerships need and are selling every car they have. Average Days on lot for a new car is sitting at 9 days from my understanding.
Ended up going to another dealer today. They seem more customer friendly as the deposit is returnable. With the hunger drive credit and finance credit it shaved a bit off but other than that it is MSRP. Don't think I'll do much better in this area at this time so placed the order.
Appreciate 2
      11-22-2021, 09:19 PM   #65
botan22
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookBothWays View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrumphoto View Post

Ended up going to another dealer today. They seem more customer friendly as the deposit is returnable. With the hunger drive credit and finance credit it shaved a bit off but other than that it is MSRP. Don't think I'll do much better in this area at this time so placed the order.
What was the language on paper regarding returnable nature of the deposit?
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 09:42 PM   #66
LookBothWays
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by botan22 View Post
What was the language on paper regarding returnable nature of the deposit?
It was verbal, said they wouldn't make me take it if I didn't want it and they would have no problem selling it.
Appreciate 0