BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Coding, Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

11-10-2021, 11:46 AM   #1
SwissG80
Nothing much
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 M3 Competition

Fitting a camera for track days

Hello,

I want to fit my Sony camera somewhere between the rear seats of my G80, in order to record track days.

The idea is to have a complete view out of the car, like in this video:

Any advice ?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 08:24 PM   #2
M_Adaptive
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, 2022 G82 M4 AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissG80 View Post
Hello,

I want to fit my Sony camera somewhere between the rear seats of my G80, in order to record track days.

The idea is to have a complete view out of the car, like in this video:

Any advice ?

Thanks.
The best way to do this is have some type of removable bracket like in the video that you can clip the camera to. If you are talking about a DSLR sony camera then you’ll need a three suction or three clip mount. An action camera like a GoPro will work best for this. I clip my GoPro to the headrest bracket on the drivers seat. Unfortunately I can’t do the same on my G82 so I will most likely stick with the head mount and a mount on the windshield.

You can also get a bunch of connectors like I have below and clip it somewhere in the car. The connectors are completely bendable so you can have the camera wherever you want depending on how many connectors you have. Below are three connectors from gopro which I have done exactly what you are trying to achieve, its just a little ghetto and not as stable
Attached Images

2022 G82 M4C Xdrive
Appreciate 0