home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums CANADA

01-30-2022, 05:21 PM   #529
NumberNine
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3C mXdrive

Hey, have anyone in Canada been told Laser headlight will be deleted since Jan 2022, they simply cannot fulfill the order with it in Canadian Market. Restriction will not be lifted sooner.

Mine is march build. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2022, 05:48 PM   #530
Ryan_sng
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: ‘16 S3, G80 M3C (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberNine View Post
Hey, have anyone in Canada been told Laser headlight will be deleted since Jan 2022, they simply cannot fulfill the order with it in Canadian Market. Restriction will not be lifted sooner.

Mine is march build. Thanks
I asked my SA about this when I got my allocation # last week and he told me something to the effect of "I think yeah there is an issue with getting the laser lights in Canada". I wasn't planning on paying $6500 for the premium pack since I didn't feel I needed anything from there anyways, but it sucks that it's not even available here because the car looks much better with them
      01-30-2022, 07:37 PM   #531
Forzanerazzurri
Banned
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe/G80 M3CX

Garage List
Still waiting for my car but I am quickly losing interest when I hear stuff like this. The deletions, the wait, the price increases. BMW is beginning to piss me off again like they did when they made my e46 m3 rear axel carrier panel out of tin. This car isn't worth the headache.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2022, 09:18 PM   #532
Kimchiguy79
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 Lexus IS500 FSP Launch Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forzanerazzurri View Post
Still waiting for my car but I am quickly losing interest when I hear stuff like this. The deletions, the wait, the price increases. BMW is beginning to piss me off again like they did when they made my e46 m3 rear axel carrier panel out of tin. This car isn't worth the headache.
I'm losing faith in BMW and not sure why they can't manage their orders more effectively. I'm picking up a Lexus IS500 tomorrow, so I have a backup car to drive.
I haven't cancelled my M3 order but if I don't hear anything in the next month I'm not sure what to do.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2022, 10:45 PM   #533
Ryan_sng
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimchiguy79 View Post
I'm losing faith in BMW and not sure why they can't manage their orders more effectively. I'm picking up a Lexus IS500 tomorrow, so I have a backup car to drive.
I haven't cancelled my M3 order but if I don't hear anything in the next month I'm not sure what to do.
Interested in knowing how the Lexus IS like. It’s got a hefty amount of power and the V8 sound, but I never considered it because I wanted AWD, and IIRC aside from the engine, it’s essentially an IS350.
      01-30-2022, 11:16 PM   #534
Kimchiguy79
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 Lexus IS500 FSP Launch Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_sng View Post
Interested in knowing how the Lexus IS like. It’s got a hefty amount of power and the V8 sound, but I never considered it because I wanted AWD, and IIRC aside from the engine, it’s essentially an IS350.
Oh for sure, the IS hasn't really been redesigned since 2014. The latest exterior refresh really appealed to me but I'm disappointed at how aged the interior is.
I'm buying it mainly because it's a future collector's item (1 of 500 Launch Edition) and the last of its kind with NA V8. I'm getting winter tires but slightly concerned that it's RWD only.
Oh and the 1800W 17 speaker Mark Levinson audio absolutely destroys the Harman Kardon stereo systems. Just sayin'
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 01:17 PM   #535
81bear
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 - FDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81bear View Post
You're probably right. I will ask that specific question.

"Is this an allocation they have or is this an allocation they are expecting to receive?"

Not sure if there's much of a difference though? I guess the only issue would be if they aren't able to get the allocation in June I'd be out a car…

**Update: at this point dealership with June production is willing to make the deposit fully refundable up to the point the vehicle goes into production. I'm still working on getting the deposit truly fully refundable.
**Update** - Well after a week of back and forth with the dealer the best I could get them to agree to was a $2k fully refundable deposit until the car is put into production.

Reading through all the threads about delays and recalls I decided to bite the bullet and drop down the deposit to secure the allocation. Speaking of allocation, they did confirm that the June allocation was just that and not a spot on a waiting list...

Now the wait begins... Hopefully without all the sh*t you guys are dealing with.

Thanks for all the help fellas!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 01:38 PM   #536
Ryan_sng
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81bear View Post
**Update** - Well after a week of back and forth with the dealer the best I could get them to agree to was a $2k fully refundable deposit until the car is put into production.

Reading through all the threads about delays and recalls I decided to bite the bullet and drop down the deposit to secure the allocation. Speaking of allocation, they did confirm that the June allocation was just that and not a spot on a waiting list...

Now the wait begins... Hopefully without all the sh*t you guys are dealing with.

Thanks for all the help fellas!
I wonder why every dealership is different with their deposit structure and terms. One dealership I went to wanted $5000 deposit non refundable, and the other dealership said $1500, cancel at any time before signing and get your refund. The second dealership specifically said "we're not gonna take you're money, if you don't buy your M3 I have 10 other people who will buy it". Which makes it weird why your dealership wouldn't budge. It's not like you bought a whacky colored 2 series GC with an off color interior
      02-01-2022, 02:28 PM   #537
Forzanerazzurri
Banned
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_sng View Post
I wonder why every dealership is different with their deposit structure and terms. One dealership I went to wanted $5000 deposit non refundable, and the other dealership said $1500, cancel at any time before signing and get your refund. The second dealership specifically said "we're not gonna take you're money, if you don't buy your M3 I have 10 other people who will buy it". Which makes it weird why your dealership wouldn't budge. It's not like you bought a whacky colored 2 series GC with an off color interior
Why would they be the same? They are privately owned.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 09:36 AM   #538
rush111
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 G82X individual

Garage List
2022 G82 M4 Competi ...  [9.81]
2016 X1  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubzz24 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rush111 View Post
I did receive a production number. BMW probably prioritize by country/market volume and also within dealers of a given country. My dealer is unfortunately not a high volume M car seller…
If you have a production number that should mean that you have an allocation, however you also will be assigned a VIN right before the car goes in to production. If you don't have a VIN yet, then your car definitely hasn't been built...

You can also call BMW Genius Canada and give them the production number and they can give you the status.
I have called BMW Canada phone line a few times and frankly it is pretty useless. Even by providing my Production Number, they seem to know nothing or be able to provide any status. Now I am reading from sub forums that Carbon Roof is not available form 2022…. ? Anyone heard this from their Canadian dealer?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 09:56 AM   #539
NumberNine
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3C mXdrive

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubzz24 View Post
Quote:
I did receive a production number. BMW probably prioritize by country/market volume and also within dealers of a given country. My dealer is unfortunately not a high volume M car seller…
If you have a production number that should mean that you have an allocation, however you also will be assigned a VIN right before the car goes in to production. If you don't have a VIN yet, then your car definitely hasn't been built...

You can also call BMW Genius Canada and give them the production number and they can give you the status.
I have called BMW Canada phone line a few times and frankly it is pretty useless. Even by providing my Production Number, they seem to know nothing or be able to provide any status. Now I am reading from sub forums that Carbon Roof is not available form 2022…. ? Anyone heard this from their Canadian dealer?
They are the worst Customer service I have ever dealt with.

I haven't checked with my SA in regarding carbon roof, and the carbon bucket seems to be okay at the moment. Laser headlight is the only problem and they don't know when the restriction will be lifted.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 07:05 PM   #540
Forzanerazzurri
Banned
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Lol half the car isn't available. Maybe they'll stop including an engine soon. I'm sure all the dealerships will still treat you like it's a privilege to be able to buy a car from them.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2022, 03:19 PM   #541
rush111
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 G82X individual

Garage List
2022 G82 M4 Competi ...  [9.81]
2016 X1  [0.00]
Next Production window.

FYI, stopped by the dealer today (Montreal area) and according to an internal note my SA showed me, those looking to place order now for G82 are looking for April production and "late Q2" for G80 at the earliest. I would assume this would be based on Canadian market allocation slots.
Appreciate 0