Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

04-29-2024, 01:43 AM   #23
Feller
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M3 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozye View Post
When you code the ASD off, you’re going to be surprised how quiet it is, even with the valve controller. 80% of what you are hearing is fake. edit.. specific for the SST on stock exhaust comments..not OP or midpipe mod guys..
I got a midpipe on the way, so is the ASD going to amplify the real exhaust sound through the speakers or is it literally just playing fake exhaust sounds.

Edit: And with an equal-length mid-pipe, should I code out ASD or leave it on?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2024, 08:19 AM   #24
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feller View Post
I got a midpipe on the way, so is the ASD going to amplify the real exhaust sound through the speakers or is it literally just playing fake exhaust sounds.

Edit: And with an equal-length mid-pipe, should I code out ASD or leave it on?
It's just playing fake sounds, it's not piping in anything. You should code it out completely no matter what you swap, exhaust-wise.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2024, 09:41 PM   #25
cozye
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp - 328ix (hers)

Yep. I would code it out to at least establish a baseline of what the car really sounds like. If after your mid pipe install you want it back and like the fake sound in your interior, then you can restore it as long as you backed up and saved your activation code. To me, the ASD doesnt sound bad necessarily, it’s just once you know whats fake, it’s kind of disappointing. To some, ignorance is bliss. I havent added it back since my exhaust install, but i have driven a car that had the same exhaust with it still on, it wasnt bad.
Appreciate 0