BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

02-23-2024, 10:43 PM   #23
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
IMO, Brooklyn and Tartufo would not look great. I'd go Skyscraper, then Dravit. Or, if you go individual, you could do Chalk or Stratus gray, or Grigio Telesto.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2024, 12:21 PM   #24
yaymitch
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS & 2022 RSQ8

I’ve seen both close up in shade and sun and like Skyscraper the best of the non-individual grays. Tartufo is an amazing interior color and looks good with either Dravit or Skyscraper. I chose Tanzanite to go with Tartufo but that is a higher maintenance color than gray.
      02-24-2024, 01:37 PM   #25
HDEddie1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 40i, X3M40i, Audi SQ5

Smile Davit or Scysraper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepats81 View Post
Decided I'm ordering a 6MT M3 with Full Leather Tarfuto.

Now just trying to decide what exterior color I want.

I currently have BSM on my F82, looks awesome but can't stand the Maintinence.

I'm between Brooklyn, Skyscraper, and Dravit.

Would all of these go with Tarfuto? Will Dravit and Skyscraper be a ton of maintenance?
Just snagged an allocation 112 and I went with Skyscaper with full tartufo. I've seen Davit in person but personally prefer the brightness of SG in all lighting conditions. Davit, while a nice color in the bright sun where I live (Las Vegas) but appears dark in shade and evening and the G80 (to my eyes) looses the nice sculpted lines. Maybe I need glasses. Either color, IMO looks good with full Tartufo. But the Tartufo seat doesn't have the sporty black center, like Silverstone or Fiona Red. Those two colors would have been my choice if I wanted to really "sport" up the interior. Whereas Tartufo is more of a contemporary, luxury color (which I like). My local dealers had NO examples of M3 with Tattoo so attached pics are another posters (all credit goes to forum member Art Mandalay) but are the inspiration for my order. I picked the 825M wheels with red calipers too, Note how Skyscraper looks in shade Good Luck:
Attached Images

02-24-2024, 03:14 PM   #26
Jaimesi23
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

I currently have Dravit with Tartufo interior and I previously had a BG G80 with Fiona. Between the two Dravit is the better option IMO. I wouldn’t however combine Tartufo with BG as other members have stated. Skyscraper is also a great option for Tartufo. Good luck with your choice!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2024, 06:05 PM   #27
golf4kal
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Base

Full disclosure, I own a SSG on Fiona red base G80. I think Tartufo would look better on Dravit than SSG because Dravit has the gold flake.

I like SSG > Dravit and to me the exterior color comes before the interior. Just my $0.02.
      02-25-2024, 08:53 AM   #28
Hit_Apex
Riding the knock sensor
Rep
Drives: 21 X5MC | 23 M4CSL

Garage List
2021 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
I have a dravit X5 and FBG M4 but always find myself taking an extra long look whenever i see skyscraper. It just looks special in person.
      02-25-2024, 09:44 AM   #29
BryanCO
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 997.1 GT3 G80 Manuals

I vote for BG. I would have strongly considered it but I recently had a car with a very similar color. BG looks very tough and aggressive on the M3. But I’m not a fan of brown so I would do red interior.

Dravit is beautiful but not worth the extra $ IMO. Dravit feels more sophisticated and classy. Not what I’m going for with this car. I love Grey Black and would choose it everyday over Dravit. But I like non metallic paints.

Colors are very subjective. Have fun.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2024, 09:56 AM   #30
Mike02z
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M4 Base

Garage List
2024 BMW M4  [10.00]
2024 BMW M4  [0.00]
Mine….
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
bri10425937.00
      02-25-2024, 10:44 AM   #31
Znomorph4theWin
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 Comp M xDrive

Skyscraper and Dravit are perfect for Tartuffo.

BG, my personal favorite, is perfect for Fiona or Fjord.
Appreciate 1
      02-25-2024, 02:05 PM   #32
ChrisM4
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Comp X-Drive

Garage List
I’ve owned both (Manual M3 in Skyscraper, M4 Comp X-Drive in Dravit)

I love them both but Skyscraper is easiest to maintain.

Dravit is my favourite though…it’s so dynamic in different lighting, especially in direct sunlight. It’s an amazing colour.

Tartufo also looks better with Dravit and ties in perfectly with the pearl and flake in the paint.
Attached Images

02-26-2024, 01:40 PM   #33
rm56well
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 comp

Oxide grey is my choice, changes in all lights, with gold/brown flake.

I find the darker the colour the quicker it looks dirty.
Attached Images

02-26-2024, 01:50 PM   #34
Tall Tom Cruise
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateM3 View Post
I just had Dravit and am now waiting for chalk to arrive. All of them are great imo. Such a personal preference.
Same here. I have Dravit/Kylami now and just ordered Chalk/Fiona Red. Chalk is brilliant and I have gotten tons of compliments in person on the dravit.

I tried to like Brooklyn, but I just couldn't bring myself to. It is also everywhere nowadays.
Appreciate 1
UpstateM3141.50
      02-26-2024, 05:15 PM   #35
UpstateM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Tom Cruise View Post
Same here. I have Dravit/Kylami now and just ordered Chalk/Fiona Red. Chalk is brilliant and I have gotten tons of compliments in person on the dravit.

I tried to like Brooklyn, but I just couldn't bring myself to. It is also everywhere nowadays.
That’ll be nice. I did chalk with KO full leather with the carbon bucket seats. Mine recently went into production. Can’t wait!
Appreciate 1
      02-26-2024, 08:58 PM   #36
08-335xi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08-335xi sedan

I have both BGM and SGM. I test drove and looked at a number of DGM.

BGM
Pros:
Super easy to keep looking clean
Looks very nice with black contrast of shadowline
Will be cooler in the summer heat
Looks great in most lighting conditions
Cons:
Looks a bit like baby blue on overcast days
immediately. This is about the only time I don’t love this color
Flakes are very small and barely looks like a metallic color( which is more neutral than a con)
I don’t think it would look as good as the other colors with Tartufo

SGM
Pros:
Super easy to keep clean
Looks great in all lighting conditions
Looks great with Tartufo
Has lots of metallic effects to it
Cons:
More subdued than the other choices if you are looking to stand out

DGM
Pros:
Most striking of the three colors when the lighting is right (mid day and after sunset)
Looks great with Tartufo
Has a fair amount of metallic flake
Cons:
Most difficult of the tree to keep clean because of how dark it is
Will be hotter if you are in a sunny climate
I didn’t care for the amount of gold flake, especially when the sun is lower on the horizon. When the sunlight looks even a little yellow the gold is way more prominent than I prefer. This is what made me drop DGM when we ordered our M4.

Based on this I would choose SGM. It looks great, is super easy to keep clean and goes well with Tartufo. At the end of the day it is your personal preference and will be a fun and beautiful vehicle regardless of the three options you like. Good luck and hope you love what you pick.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2024, 09:44 PM   #37
nepats81
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BSM ZCP M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-335xi View Post
I have both BGM and SGM. I test drove and looked at a number of DGM.

BGM
Pros:
Super easy to keep looking clean
Looks very nice with black contrast of shadowline
Will be cooler in the summer heat
Looks great in most lighting conditions
Cons:
Looks a bit like baby blue on overcast days
immediately. This is about the only time I don’t love this color
Flakes are very small and barely looks like a metallic color( which is more neutral than a con)
I don’t think it would look as good as the other colors with Tartufo

SGM
Pros:
Super easy to keep clean
Looks great in all lighting conditions
Looks great with Tartufo
Has lots of metallic effects to it
Cons:
More subdued than the other choices if you are looking to stand out

DGM
Pros:
Most striking of the three colors when the lighting is right (mid day and after sunset)
Looks great with Tartufo
Has a fair amount of metallic flake
Cons:
Most difficult of the tree to keep clean because of how dark it is
Will be hotter if you are in a sunny climate
I didn’t care for the amount of gold flake, especially when the sun is lower on the horizon. When the sunlight looks even a little yellow the gold is way more prominent than I prefer. This is what made me drop DGM when we ordered our M4.

Based on this I would choose SGM. It looks great, is super easy to keep clean and goes well with Tartufo. At the end of the day it is your personal preference and will be a fun and beautiful vehicle regardless of the three options you like. Good luck and hope you love what you pick.
This is super helpful.

I'm leaning towards skyscraper for now as I really want Tarfuto full leather.

If I go with Brooklyn - then I'll opt for Silverstone full leather.

I'm in Florida for most of the year so trying to avoid darker colors, given the heat
Appreciate 1
Dnshift156.50
      02-26-2024, 10:21 PM   #38
08-335xi
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
This is super helpful.

I'm in Florida for most of the year so trying to avoid darker colors, given the heat
Silverstone looks great with BGM. I saw that combo and it’s looks like they were made to go together. I went with Fiona red on our SGM because the slight blue hues in Silverstone didn’t go as well with SGM and it’s a def challenge to keep Silverstone looking new on a G83. I’m super picky about the condition of my cars though. Tartufo looks great with SGM and would be easy to maintain, but we went with Fiona Red because my wife hates brown tones and FR sports up SGM a little bit.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2024, 11:47 PM   #39
osteome
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5

I have Dravit Gray over full Tartufo and would do it again without hesitation. If Oxide was a "regular" option, I may have been tempted. Granted that color is more gold/silver, but it looked great on a X6 that was sitting next to my M4.
Gone: M3 E93 Silverstone II over Bamboo
Appreciate 1
Dnshift156.50
      02-27-2024, 09:09 AM   #40
Dnshift
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘24 M3 Comp

Garage List
Quote:
This is super helpful.

You can’t really go wrong, I personally think skyscraper grey is beautiful since it can darken so much in the right light - always loved the gunmetal paints. That said, all of the BMW greys imho are really impressive. Dravit is neat too, in person and in the sun there’s a lot of gold in the paint, really cool.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2024, 09:18 AM   #41
nepats81
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BSM ZCP M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-335xi View Post
Silverstone looks great with BGM. I saw that combo and it’s looks like they were made to go together. I went with Fiona red on our SGM because the slight blue hues in Silverstone didn’t go as well with SGM and it’s a def challenge to keep Silverstone looking new on a G83. I’m super picky about the condition of my cars though. Tartufo looks great with SGM and would be easy to maintain, but we went with Fiona Red because my wife hates brown tones and FR sports up SGM a little bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by osteome View Post
I have Dravit Gray over full Tartufo and would do it again without hesitation. If Oxide was a "regular" option, I may have been tempted. Granted that color is more gold/silver, but it looked great on a X6 that was sitting next to my M4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnshift View Post
You can’t really go wrong, I personally think skyscraper grey is beautiful since it can darken so much in the right light - always loved the gunmetal paints. That said, all of the BMW greys imho are really impressive. Dravit is neat too, in person and in the sun there’s a lot of gold in the paint, really cool.
Separately do you guys think we are boring fussing over greys like this?

For my f32 I went with estoril and I got much more attention than I did in my f80 silverstone or f82 black.

It wasn’t the best type of attention. Mainly young guys in Subarus and civics trying to race me. Attractive women didn’t care. That’s why I like more subdued colors for my cars now. That said I still feel a bit boring as they did a really good job with color options for both interior and exterior for the g80
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2024, 11:18 AM   #42
Sophisto540
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i

Garage List
2017 BMW 540i  [0.00]
I picked up a Brooklyn gray with tartufo early this month and really like it. Just got it back from getting the stealth ppf installed. I was initially leaning toward Fiona red but after seeing the combo in person, I didn’t hesitate.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      02-27-2024, 08:28 PM   #43
08-335xi
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Separately do you guys think we are boring fussing over greys like this?

For my f32 I went with estoril and I got much more attention than I did in my f80 silverstone or f82 black.

It wasn’t the best type of attention. Mainly young guys in Subarus and civics trying to race me. Attractive women didn’t care. That’s why I like more subdued colors for my cars now. That said I still feel a bit boring as they did a really good job with color options for both interior and exterior for the g80
It would be a super boring conversation to my wife, but I am a gearhead and am passionate about cars. Plus it’s a big investment to most, so you want to pick what you will be happy with.

I get way more compliments on my M4 in SGM than I ever expected. Substantially more than I received on my C7 Corvette. That was a big surprise to me as I bought the car to be more practical than a my other consideration, a C8 Corvette and picked a color that was less flashy than most. It has all been respectful attention other than every sport bike wanting to race.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2024, 10:51 PM   #44
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Dravit of the 3.

I’ve seen a dark graphite X3M with tartufo and it was gorgeous.