brava09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4C xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmedman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telly9987 View Post
Subscribed.... Are you gutting your downpipes? Putting on race SSR pipes? Im a bit confused. On the G80 there are no sensors or Lambdas that need to be jumped or bypassed with any mid pipe on the market. Only for downpipes. Several people have done resonator and secondary cat deletes with no CEL or issues.

What are you planning? Super curious.
Hello. We, in Europe are quite unfortunate to get the petrol particular filter which is monitored. So to avoid mapping the car, I got these cables. I have only gutted out that filter and made some changes to back box and resonator. I am thinking about cutting out the secondary cats. No plans for downpipes yet.
How do you gut out the opf? Did you just took it out of the exhaust? It involves cutting and welding?
11 Audi RS5 Misano Red--sold
08 E92 M3 Jerez Black 6MT--sold
08 E92 335i 6MT traded in for M3
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2021, 02:55 PM   #24
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by brava09 View Post
How do you gut out the opf? Did you just took it out of the exhaust? It involves cutting and welding?
Hello, I took it to my exhaust guy. He removed the exhaust, made a window on top of the opf filter and removed all contents. Then welded the window back and refitted the exhaust. This is so the opf is there on visual inspection but in reality it isnt. My next plan was to remove the secondaries that way but I preordered the remus exhaust instead.
cheers.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2021, 07:15 PM   #25
PLife
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i, G80 M3 xdrive

Quote:
Hello, I took it to my exhaust guy. He removed the exhaust, made a window on top of the opf filter and removed all contents. Then welded the window back and refitted the exhaust. This is so the opf is there on visual inspection but in reality it isnt. My next plan was to remove the secondaries that way but I preordered the remus exhaust instead.
cheers.
Interesting. The pericardial window method. Lol
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2021, 12:53 AM   #26
V-Eight
Captain
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 G80 Comp.Xdrive

Quote:
cheers.
Hi! I'm waiting for mine to arrive in sept. and absolutely want to remove the damn OPF. Does the manhart deleter works? Are you having any kind of problems?

Could you please make a sound check video? Is it noticeable the difference before and after? I'll act as you did....just removing the inside cermaic part of the OPF without cutting the exhaust.

So the only thing to do is to buy the two manhart deleters and remove the ceramic monolite inside the opf, and that's it, am I right?

BMW G80 M3 Comp.xDrive 2022 + Jaguar F-Pace SVR v8 2022 + BMW F20 M140i RWD 2017
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2021, 07:42 PM   #27
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Eight View Post
Hi! I'm waiting for mine to arrive in sept. and absolutely want to remove the damn OPF. Does the manhart deleter works? Are you having any kind of problems?

Could you please make a sound check video? Is it noticeable the difference before and after? I'll act as you did....just removing the inside cermaic part of the OPF without cutting the exhaust.

So the only thing to do is to buy the two manhart deleters and remove the ceramic monolite inside the opf, and that's it, am I right?
Hey, apologies for replying late.

I have had the manhart deleter for over 3 months now and now issues at all. I always push the revs above 6k and have not had any CELs whatsoever.
The link below is my car, before and after my exhaust guy gutted out the opf and installed the deleter. He also made some backbox and resonator changes that I dont know about. The sound was still underwhelming so I had to force the valves open. Even still, I am waiting for my downpipes back remus exhaust.

https://fb.watch/7HUKbyC4bL/
Appreciate 1
V-Eight791.50
      08-31-2021, 10:07 AM   #28
V-Eight
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Hey, apologies for replying late.

I have had the manhart deleter for over 3 months now and now issues at all. I always push the revs above 6k and have not had any CELs whatsoever.
The link below is my car, before and after my exhaust guy gutted out the opf and installed the deleter. He also made some backbox and resonator changes that I dont know about. The sound was still underwhelming so I had to force the valves open. Even still, I am waiting for my downpipes back remus exhaust.

https://fb.watch/7HUKbyC4bL/
thanks a lot.

BMW G80 M3 Comp.xDrive 2022 + Jaguar F-Pace SVR v8 2022 + BMW F20 M140i RWD 2017
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2021, 10:22 AM   #29
V-Eight
Captain
Rep

Quote:

I've ordered the manhart gpf deleter, as I found the right guy here in italy to remove the opf as you did, but mantaining the opf case. My car is due to arrive by the end of october. Let me know if you find some cel problems. Thanks ;-)

Appreciate 0
      09-15-2021, 01:15 PM   #30
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLife View Post
Interesting. The pericardial window method. Lol
Fellow medic?

Sorry just saw your message. Exactly like a pericardial window method
Appreciate 1
PLife643.50
      09-15-2021, 01:18 PM   #31
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I've ordered the manhart gpf deleter, as I found the right guy here in italy to remove the opf as you did, but mantaining the opf case. My car is due to arrive by the end of october. Let me know if you find some cel problems. Thanks ;-)
No CEL at all. It has been a good few months now. And I really low those higher revs in low gears. Also have had a 12 hour spirited drive around the Scottish highlands. Was brilliant.
Appreciate 2
V-Eight791.50
destoyan517.00
      09-20-2021, 01:51 AM   #32
V-Eight
Captain
Rep

Quote:
No CEL at all. It has been a good few months now. And I really low those higher revs in low gears. Also have had a 12 hour spirited drive around the Scottish highlands. Was brilliant.
so the deleter works! This is a good news!

Mine (deleter I mean) has arrived last week, then once the car will be here, hopefully soon, after the break-in service I'll manage the same thing you did on yours in order to have the same exhaust with the opf but......empty so that on a visual inspection it seems to be all fine.

By the way, Manhart wrote me that in case of service the deleter is not read by the BMW service diagnostic service, so they won't discovered it anymore.

Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 05:13 AM   #33
shahano
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21' M2C 6spd ,11' 1M, 88' M3

Quote:
cheers.
Hi, please let me know who is your guy, need to do the same thing to my M2C and it seems like the easiest job rather than buying a new exhaust that deletes the OPF.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 03:07 AM   #34
V-Eight
Captain
Rep

Quote:
How is the deleter working...? Still no CEL?

My car hasn't arrived yet....but the opf removal it's the first mod I'll make once it'll be here.

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 06:00 AM   #35
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
How is the deleter working...? Still no CEL?

My car hasn't arrived yet....but the opf removal it's the first mod I'll make once it'll be here.
Working perfectly. No issues at all. Just so you know, opf delete by itself will be underwhelming. You will need at least a midpipe and tape the valves open.
Appreciate 1
destoyan517.00
      10-21-2021, 01:38 AM   #36
V-Eight
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Working perfectly. No issues at all. Just so you know, opf delete by itself will be underwhelming. You will need at least a midpipe and tape the valves open.
Ok thanks!!!! I'll let you know! I was thinking to delete the secondary resonator or the secondary cat also...but I would like to find out the perfect sound that suits me step by step, without exceeding too much on volume.

When you have time...if you could post here some videos, it would be really appreciated if it doesn't bother you.

Appreciate 0
      10-30-2021, 08:54 AM   #37
emix84
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 911; Mustang GT; RR Sport

Hey how noticeable is the opf delete on the sound of the car? Does it ramp the volume up? I like the tone of the stock exhaust, but it needs to be a tad louder.

Any warranty issues by removing the opf?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2021, 09:26 AM   #38
V-Eight
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by emix84 View Post
Hey how noticeable is the opf delete on the sound of the car? Does it ramp the volume up? I like the tone of the stock exhaust, but it needs to be a tad louder.

Any warranty issues by removing the opf?
yeah...the warranty will expire if you put out the opf, but my advice is to cut the opf part and save it in case you have to service the car with a warranty issue to be fixed.

I'll put the Supersprint section of the exh system, cutting the opf and adding a deleter. Then if something will go wrong, just an hour in my garage to put the opf back and remove the deleters, just to make the car serviced. I know it's boring to do...but at least you won't have any kind of warranty problems. Once the warranty is expired, you can do what you want.

Appreciate 0
      10-30-2021, 10:20 AM   #39
emix84
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 911; Mustang GT; RR Sport

Quote:
yeah...the warranty will expire if you put out the opf, but my advice is to cut the opf part and save it in case you have to service the car with a warranty issue to be fixed.

I'll put the Supersprint section of the exh system, cutting the opf and adding a deleter. Then if something will go wrong, just an hour in my garage to put the opf back and remove the deleters, just to make the car serviced. I know it's boring to do...but at least you won't have any kind of warranty problems. Once the warranty is expired, you can do what you want.
Isn't the OPF welded in? They're going to notice this. Or is it held in place with clamps?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 12:19 PM   #40
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

So today I got into limp mode with error "drivetrain. Have the problem checked out by your service provider. You do not need to call roadside assistance" or something along those lines. It has been cold this morning and I had driven 2 miles or so. When I saw an empty stretch of the road, I floored it the RPM was above 5k. Then suddenly the dreaded orange triangle and this error. No CEL was shown. I stopped in a safe spot, turned the engine off and immediately back on. The triangle was there for a moment but as the engine started, the error went away completely. Did some spirited driving, when no one was behind me and the error did not recur.

My guess is that it is the opf/gpf bearing in mind I have had it deleted and deleter cables installed. But I am not sure, could be anything. I hope I haven't damaged anything. I have been fiddling a lot with the downpipes and stock exhaust trying to install the valvetronic midpipe. Used the car lift the other day. There was a lot of tugging and pulling involved and had to put the stock exhaust back on. I need to check the sensor connections tomorrow to make sure they are connected. But I am sure I reconnected them. The opf deleter does not work without them sniffing the exhaust air.

Anyone with encounter this error before, especially people who have the opf deleted?

Any recommendations for an error reader?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 04:55 PM   #41
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

So here's the reason I got limp mode :
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
Holset266.50
V-Eight791.50
destoyan517.00
      02-01-2022, 04:22 PM   #42
aleks99
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw m4 g82

bmw m4 g82

hey guys. i just orderd a midpipe from ramus. and i was wonduring do i really have to buy this opf delete sensors. have a nice day.
Appreciate 1
      02-01-2022, 05:52 PM   #43
KylianHamilton
Private
Rep
Drives: F90 M5, G80 M3C, Tesla M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleks99 View Post
hey guys. i just orderd a midpipe from ramus. and i was wonduring do i really have to buy this opf delete sensors. have a nice day.
Do you have a EU spec car? And I'm wondering the same, planning on ordering Remus Race catback but is it still necessary to buy the deleters seperately or does remus provide you with them…
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 04:40 AM   #44
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Remus’ Facebook page states they are able to provide opf deleters. I am sure these will need to be bought separately from the exhaust. They are necessary to avoid limp mode.
Appreciate 2