home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion

02-28-2024, 08:40 PM   #23
B58 parts
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 340ix 6MT

Back around Christmas I bought one with the 3.0 6 speed. Mechanically it's really not too bad. It unfortunately does need a few thousand dollars worth of body work. Which I am going to go forward with.

I had to do the front axles and a few control arms. I picked up a clean rear subframe and am going to build it with all clean parts eventually.

I just finished changing all the fluids, everything looked really good except the hideous green coolant. Fixed that. It runs great though, I did a engine flush and it seems really good. I finally got to drive it for a long time today and it was really good.

A big reason it was off the road was due to the sunroof. It was leaking horribly clogged with all kinds of leaves. The headliner is disgusting. So I fixed the whole sunroof mechanism, and took the headliner to the guy today to get redone in a nice black. I finally got to drive it in the rain, no leaks, no water ingress.

If anyone ever needs help fixing the panoramic roof on one of these DM me. I can't believe I had a waste such a portion of my brain learning how to do that.

There's three of them in a local salvage yard one of them has the pano roof. I think I'm going to go get it. I also want to get the seats out of it they look pretty clean.
Appreciate 0