Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Comp X-Drive Individual

Garage List
2022 G82 XC   [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post
Yes. You said you received it two days ago. That means it’s given you one day to install and probably one day to hear back. Was that one email? Did you try calling? Regardless, that’s hardly enough time to even give them a chance. And if there are issues with improper socket size recommendations then sure they need to update the video but come on. You also bought from Kies no? You first should have been reaching out to them. It sounds like you said you did and after they ghosted you then you reached out to vorsteiner. Did you even give them 24 hours yet?

Perhaps you are on to something with a defective product or inauthentic product depending on radar option. If kies website states that it is not compatible with radar but you bought it anyway, that is on you. Again not getting an email reply happens a lot with spam filtering these days. A simple phone call could have helped prevent a mistake like this if indeed it cannot be fitted to radar equipped cars.

Sounds like again this is something that needs to be looked into, but does not require a post like this after not getting an email reply in one or two days.
Seems like you’ve not read my post properly.
I emailed for support over a week before receiving the part (5 mins after placing the order and then seeing conflicting info online), I contacted the vendor first, left it 3 days heard nothing. I then emailed the manufacturer (with still a week to go before delivery) and heard nothing.
On the third attempt I got a reply, this confirmed that the grill ‘should’ fit…
I live in Scotland. Its not a pick up the phone situation.
Also, it’s funny how things don’t go to spam when you spend money, only when you want something else.

So actually, all the points you’ve made are irrelevant.

Thanks for taking the time though.
G82 M4 Comp X-Drive Individual FDG
Appreciate 6
G30 B581548.00
m3less130.00
Datemike109.00
flexspec367.00
      09-08-2023, 03:29 AM   #24
Custom Install
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2022 G82 XC   [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrivenGarage View Post
I think he is justified to comment here, and share his experiences. Why are people making excuses for Vorsteiner (or any manufacturer). Customer service matters, and more companies need to focus on that rather than just scaling as fast as possible, especially in niche products/ communities. It’s hard to separate the influencer hype from real world experiences at times, so I appreciate Custom Install commenting. It’s annoying to tear down your car, get in the middle of a project, and stuff isn’t correct and no one gets back to you. That is exactly the job of the manufacturer and their information should be on point. I am not sure why we say it’s ok to get products with the wrong hardware, or missing elements, or without proper/ correct information, and we should just shut up and wait. Nope.
Seems like we’re on the same page, thank you.
I’m not expecting anything exceptional, I’m expecting a part that’s ready to go.
When I read their post last night it hit a raw nerve, why?
Because it was heavy on the ‘no cutting, OEM fitment and we care about your car’ points.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2023, 05:40 AM   #25
Kr0m3assass1n
kr0m3assass1n
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X7 M50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorsteiner View Post
Our support team will assist you with this, check your DMs.
Honestly, Vorsteiner… is this the best you can do? A generic “Our support team will assist you with this” post? Nobody apologizing for this customer’s experience and saying you’ll fix it??

My first experience with Vorsteiner fitment wasn’t great either: I tried to mount your beautiful CF diffuser to my bone stock M6 and much to my horror the part wasn’t a clean fit but I let it go because I had bought a gently used part and put fitment down to the fact that it was used and was previously installed on another M6. And no, it wasn’t the body shops fault, they install parts on Italian supercars for a living. Anyway, it’s been years.

Seeing another forum member go through fitment issues just brought up my frustration from that time.

Your products aren’t cheap. Yes, they look amazing. You spend so much energy (and probably money) taking stock pictures and marketing them. I implore you to stand behind your brand.
Appreciate 2
      09-08-2023, 09:46 AM   #26
MT6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 '19 CTR '14 Accord MT6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom Install View Post
After reading this I must be unlucky.
I received my ABS grill (G82) here in Scotland two days ago, and it’s been far from fitment without cutting.
User Experience matters, thank you for explaining in detail and providing the pictures of the work you put in for this mod great job.

your new grill looks good.
Appreciate 1
      09-08-2023, 10:50 AM   #27
Custom Install
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2022 G82 XC   [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT6 View Post
User Experience matters, thank you for explaining in detail and providing the pictures of the work you put in for this mod great job.

your new grill looks good.
Thanks.
I’m happy with the actual grill, not so much with what I’ve removed to make it happen.
The foam crash support has a plastic tube attached and electrical conectors either end.
I searched online and found this:

“The pedestrian protection sensor consists of a flexible air tube that is laid across the entire width of the car in its front bumper.”

I’m concerned I’ve compromised this function now.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2023, 10:53 AM   #28
Vorsteiner
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: M3, M4, M5, M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr0m3assass1n View Post
Honestly, Vorsteiner… is this the best you can do? A generic “Our support team will assist you with this” post? Nobody apologizing for this customer’s experience and saying you’ll fix it??

My first experience with Vorsteiner fitment wasn’t great either: I tried to mount your beautiful CF diffuser to my bone stock M6 and much to my horror the part wasn’t a clean fit but I let it go because I had bought a gently used part and put fitment down to the fact that it was used and was previously installed on another M6. And no, it wasn’t the body shops fault, they install parts on Italian supercars for a living. Anyway, it’s been years.

Seeing another forum member go through fitment issues just brought up my frustration from that time.

Your products aren’t cheap. Yes, they look amazing. You spend so much energy (and probably money) taking stock pictures and marketing them. I implore you to stand behind your brand.
The client has received an apology from multiple members of our team. For A) the part not fitting properly but B) and we think the bigger issue of our response team not getting back to him sooner.

We aren’t the cheapest product on the market but what set us apart is our customer service and in this instance we fell short. Our team is working with the client directly and will get this resolved for him and any future orders.
Appreciate 2
m3less130.00
Jimjamz4581.50
      09-08-2023, 11:13 AM   #29
MT6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks.
I’m happy with the actual grill, not so much with what I’ve removed to make it happen.
The foam crash support has a plastic tube attached and electrical conectors either end.
I searched online and found this:

“The pedestrian protection sensor consists of a flexible air tube that is laid across the entire width of the car in its front bumper.”

I’m concerned I’ve compromised this function now.
I experienced the pedestrian protection sensor went off although it was a bicycle that crossed path of my G80…only once in 5 months of ownership
I would not worry about it German engineers love their sensors

Now what I do worry about is no engine oil dip stick. The S58 is left at the mercy of a $1 oil level sensor
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2023, 11:37 AM   #30
Custom Install
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2022 G82 XC   [10.00]
Quote:
I experienced the pedestrian protection sensor went off although it was a bicycle that crossed path of my G80…only once in 5 months of ownership
I would not worry about it German engineers love their sensors

Now what I do worry about is no engine oil dip stick. The S58 is left at the mercy of a $1 oil level sensor
Yeah I guess the oil sensor wins hand down, pity the pedestrians though 😊
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2023, 11:42 AM   #31
MT6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah I guess the oil sensor wins hand down, pity the pedestrians though 😊
Haha did not mean it that way
Infact I had seen the cyclist 🚴🏿‍♀️ and the sensor reacted a second or 2 later which was distraction…
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2023, 11:45 AM   #32
Custom Install
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2022 G82 XC   [10.00]
Quote:
Haha did not mean it that way
Infact I had seen the cyclist 🚴🏿‍♀️ and the sensor reacted a second or 2 later which was distraction…
lol. I’m a cyclist, was just having a laugh with you 😎👍
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2023, 12:32 AM   #33
PNWM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW XM

Quote:
The client has received an apology from multiple members of our team. For A) the part not fitting properly but B) and we think the bigger issue of our response team not getting back to him sooner.

We aren’t the cheapest product on the market but what set us apart is our customer service and in this instance we fell short. Our team is working with the client directly and will get this resolved for him and any future orders.
I love when companies “apologize”. Brands love to make promises, and when they fall short, words are cheap. Making things right and paying for the time and frustration is where real brands stand out.

This isn’t like someone accidentally put mustard on a $5 foot long at Subway. That’s a “sorry”. This is where an expensive product, that supposedly should fit perfectly, had to be cut up to work. Not sure how better customer service fixes a faulty product?
Appreciate 2
      09-09-2023, 12:31 PM   #34
Mapper
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3 Competition

[QUOTE=Custom Install;30470112]

Scotland doesnt have phones? If the issue was THAT important Id make it a priority to call rather than dick around with emails. Just curious what part isnt a pick up the phone situation? Its 6pm there when its 10am in California. Use voip if you dont like paying long distance. Or Who cares about a few bucks LD to get better resolvement and escalation through a phone call. We live in 2023 video call. Whatsapp video Teams video conference. Crapple call do whatever. What am I missing here? 😕 only scenario I can think of is if you have a vocal impediment.
Appreciate 2
      09-09-2023, 12:35 PM   #35
Custom Install
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2022 G82 XC   [10.00]
[QUOTE=Mapper;30473970]
Quote:

Scotland doesnt have phones? If the issue was THAT important Id make it a priority to call rather than dick around with emails. Just curious what part isnt a pick up the phone situation? Its 6pm there when its 10am in California. Use voip if you dont like paying long distance. Or Who cares about a few bucks LD to get better resolvement and escalation through a phone call. We live in 2023 video call. Whatsapp video Teams video conference. Crapple call do whatever. What am I missing here? 😕 only scenario I can think of is if you have a vocal impediment.

Wow. Not even worthy of a reply…
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2023, 01:23 PM   #36
Custom Install
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2022 G82 XC   [10.00]
On a more positive note, and credit where it’s due.
The actual grill is amazing, it totally transformed the front end of the car.
The fitment to my existing bumper (front fender?) was seamless, however I think they could/should do a better job with the grill badge options.
The OEM badge unclips from the OEM grill, the solution surely it replicating the OEM profile in that area so it’s pop off/on.
Vorsteiner have emailed me with a potential solution, and they are taking responsibility fully so I want to make that clear at this stage.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      09-09-2023, 06:59 PM   #37
rivma13
Private
Rep
Drives: M2C 992S 488GTB G82 M4 X5M

Quote:
Nineteen years ago, our pioneering spirit began from designing components for BMW not only because we were growing amongst enthusiasts, but primarily because we enjoy it. It’s no surprise that we’re particularly passionate about developing products for BMW aficionados that love them as much as we do. Fast forward and we have progressed three generations of M3/M4 to the current G8X generation. The G8X M3 & M4 launched with a very distinct change of direction in terms of styling, where opinions were very much polarized, so we’ve gone back to our roots.

The M3/M4 GTS-V series represents the latest in high performance, design, and manufacturing by focusing on maximizing the cooling performance, improving airflow dynamics all the while minimizing weight. Designed with precision and engineering mastery, our Aero Program is ingeniously engineered to be a seamless bolt-on solution, eliminating the need for any vehicle modifications, or cutting. We value the integrity of your BMW G8X as much as you do. Each piece is specifically designed to accentuate and enhance the existing body lines of the car. At the core of this program is dedication to excellence and artistry. Every product is designed and constructed using only the finest materials, such as aerospace grade prepreg carbon fiber, ensuring that each item is not only robust and long-lasting, but also lightweight and aerodynamic.

The new Pre-Preg autoclave double sided Carbon Fiber vented hood contains 4 vent outlets to dissipate heat from the forced induction engine bay and keep the turbos running cool.

See our full aero program for the BMW G8X M3 and M4 models here:

GTS-V BMW G8X M3 | M4 Carbon Fiber Aero Bonnet

BMW G8X M3 | M4 Carbon Fiber Front Motorsport Grille

BMW G8X M3 | M4 Gloss Black ABS Front Motorsport Grille

BMW G8X M3 | M4 Carbon Fiber Front Spoiler

BMW G8X M3 Carbon Fiber Decklid Spoiler

BMW G82 M4 Carbon Fiber Decklid Spoiler

BMW G8X M3 | M4 CARBON FIBER AERO WING BLADE WITH ALUMINUM UPRIGHTS

BMW G8X M3 | M4 Carbon Fiber Aero Wing Blade with Matte Black Uprights

BMW G8X M3 Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser

BMW G8X M4 Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser

BMW G8X M3/M4 VRS Aero Front Grille Mesh

Order now to reserve your allocation for the latest additional enhancements for your BMW G8X M3 and M4 models here.
I bought the black ABS grill for my g82. The fit is not perfect. Also tried reaching out and no one ever answered…
Appreciate 2
      09-10-2023, 05:33 AM   #38
TheDrivenGarage
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 G82, BMW M2 G87 (Order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivma13 View Post
I bought the black ABS grill for my g82. The fit is not perfect. Also tried reaching out and no one ever answered…
Dang, so Custom Install’s experience wasn’t an isolated incident.

I don’t get why it wouldn’t be plug and play if you are designing the part from scratch. One of my companies makes parts for industrial robots and everything fits like a glove every time.

I don’t get it, why wouldn’t you make the parts fit as the factory ones do, and carry over approaches like using factory attachment systems for things like badges and such.

Argh, I really like some of these parts and was considering.
Appreciate 1
      09-10-2023, 09:44 PM   #39
cbertels
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 YMB-SS

Quote:
There’s a time and place to seek help from a vendor/supplier. This is not the time. Or the place.
Completely disagree.
Appreciate 2
      09-10-2023, 09:53 PM   #40
cbertels
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 YMB-SS

[QUOTE=Mapper;30473970]
Quote:

Weird hill to die on. You’re definitely in the minority on this stance but go off I guess.
Appreciate 2
      09-12-2023, 05:57 PM   #41
RACE M3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 02 S2k, 04 Rx8, 22 M3P, 23 m3

“Blind” defenders like yourself are the scumbags of this forum.

When you spend top dollar you expect top results. That’s what the premium is for. You pay extra so everything goes PERFECT. Anything less than perfect is unacceptable.

Honest reviews, honest feedback or the rest of us waste time and money. If you can’t be honest or helpful then shut your trap. Making him look like the one who’s in the wrong shows us the bootlicker you are.

This brand is known to have issues. The bootlicking makes the next guy debating buying this item debate if he’s wrong or if it’s you.

Keep the bootlicking on Facebook; you’ll get more likes there from other bootlickers.

Quote:
Yes. You said you received it two days ago. That means it’s given you one day to install and probably one day to hear back. Was that one email? Did you try calling? Regardless, that’s hardly enough time to even give them a chance. And if there are issues with improper socket size recommendations then sure they need to update the video but come on. You also bought from Kies no? You first should have been reaching out to them. It sounds like you said you did and after they ghosted you then you reached out to vorsteiner. Did you even give them 24 hours yet?

Perhaps you are on to something with a defective product or inauthentic product depending on radar option. If kies website states that it is not compatible with radar but you bought it anyway, that is on you. Again not getting an email reply happens a lot with spam filtering these days. A simple phone call could have helped prevent a mistake like this if indeed it cannot be fitted to radar equipped cars.

Sounds like again this is something that needs to be looked into, but does not require a post like this after not getting an email reply in one or two days.

Last edited by RACE M3; 09-15-2023 at 11:09 AM..
Appreciate 2
      09-14-2023, 02:38 AM   #42
Custom Install
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2022 G82 XC   [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACE M3 View Post
“Blind” defenders like yourself are the scumbags of this forum.

When you spend to dollar you expect top results. That’s what the premium is for. You pay extra so everything goes PERFECT. Anything less than perfect is unacceptable.

Honest reviews, honest feedback or the rest of us waste time and money. If you can’t be honest or helpful then shut your trap. Making him look like the one who’s in the wrong shows us the bootlicker you are.

This brand is known to have issues. The bootlicking makes the next guy debating buying this item debate if he’s wrong or if it’s you.

Keep the bootlicking on Facebook; you’ll get more likes there from other bootlickers.

I didn’t reply to this guy because I’d have sounded like I took it personally, and it was a lot of nonsense anyway.
But I think you summed up my feelings pretty well with your comments.
Cheers 😊
Appreciate 3
      09-15-2023, 11:08 AM   #43
RACE M3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 02 S2k, 04 Rx8, 22 M3P, 23 m3

Quote:
I didn’t reply to this guy because I’d have sounded like I took it personally, and it was a lot of nonsense anyway.
But I think you summed up my feelings pretty well with your comments.
Cheers 😊
I use to ignore it, but I’ve probably wasted 15-20k on mods and frustration making something work. Enough is enough. It doesn’t help the manufacturer either; feedback is important.

Hope you get it resolved!
Appreciate 1
tatarwj378.00
      09-15-2023, 03:25 PM   #44
Custom Install
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2022 G82 XC   [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACE M3 View Post
I use to ignore it, but I’ve probably wasted 15-20k on mods and frustration making something work. Enough is enough. It doesn’t help the manufacturer either; feedback is important.

Hope you get it resolved!
100% agree. Hopefully I'll get what i paid for in the end.
Apreciate your feedback, cheers
Appreciate 1
RACE M3545.50