BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums CANADA

01-28-2022, 07:50 AM   #23
Cee
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

2 months now and still RAM showing open. Every time a ship’s departure day approaches I check to see if the RAM is showing closed. There’s now 2 ships schedule for February 2nd, and 4 more by the end of February. Best case car would arrive end of March at dealer. A friend’s car went into production a week after mine and is already shipped with no issues.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2022, 08:45 AM   #24
dubzz24
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Does the RAM stop sale show on the recall site here once the car is made?

https://bmw-recall-tool.netlify.app/

How long would it take to show if the car is affected by the stop sale after the car is produced? EG my car finished production Jan 12 and I don’t see any stop sales or recalls for my VIN - I’m fully expecting it to be delayed but maybe I’ll be in luck?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 05:30 PM   #25
biznis32
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw

Just put down a deposit for a 2023 production reserve just in case….
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 12:58 PM   #26
benjos123
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3C G80

Called BMW Canada this morning... She told me car is in "transit" which essentially means its being delivered someday.. RAM stop sale, currently in 193 since December. No movement on my end either. She seemed confused about port of exit and port of entry. She told me that in 4 years working at BMW Canada, she has never seen an open recall fixed in Bremerhaven, she assured me that all of these work orders will be done at port of entry (in my case halifax). All of you, keep us posted on your Open work order!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 01:16 PM   #27
kmssmm
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: On Waiting 2022 BMW G80 M3Cx

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjos123 View Post
Called BMW Canada this morning... She told me car is in "transit" which essentially means its being delivered someday.. RAM stop sale, currently in 193 since December. No movement on my end either. She seemed confused about port of exit and port of entry. She told me that in 4 years working at BMW Canada, she has never seen an open recall fixed in Bremerhaven, she assured me that all of these work orders will be done at port of entry (in my case halifax). All of you, keep us posted on your Open work order!
Which build week you are in? I'm week 45 I don't have any updates of my car. Sitting at German port since 11/29:
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 01:25 PM   #28
benjos123
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmssmm View Post
Quote:
Which build week you are in? I'm week 45 I don't have any updates of my car. Sitting at German port since 11/29:
46 here. Ram module open work order
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 01:36 PM   #29
Cee
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
That’s funny, I was told the opposite. She might be confused as this is not a recall but an “enhancement “. The RAM will not show up on BMW Canada website if you use the recall check.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 02:32 PM   #30
kmssmm
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: On Waiting 2022 BMW G80 M3Cx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cee View Post
Quote:
That’s funny, I was told the opposite. She might be confused as this is not a recall but an “enhancement “. The RAM will not show up on BMW Canada website if you use the recall check.
It's shows on BMW UK website
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 04:36 PM   #31
grapz
Rep
Drives: m3

My car has the same status. They said it is in "Transit". Exactly what this means I do not know. i asked specifically if they think it is on a ship to the port of entry but they could not give me a definitive answer.

I guess it could be in transit and the RAM order may be fixed at the port of entry
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2022, 09:19 AM   #32
Cee
Private First Class
Rep

I called today to check the status, and my car is also showing in transit. I asked the genius if there is a new estimate since the car has been in transit for over 2 months now. She said all she can see is in transit still with a stop sale.
The car is sitting in Germany waiting for RAM.
My dealer said the don’t do port fixes in Halifax any more, he said they used too but not anymore.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2022, 09:46 AM   #33
benjos123
Banned
Canada
Rep

Got the exact same info. It's a waiting game.. The way I see it, Chinese New Year is ending next week, things will MAYBE start moving. I think these RAM modules are manufactured in china. I saw on another thread that some said they will be focusing on sending these cars out so we will see.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2022, 11:30 AM   #34
Dundas
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: G82 xDrive BSM

They have been working on the backlog but they have 2 months of production to retrofit with RAMs. How many cars? How many are they doing a day? I have visions of a crew in Germany going from storage lot to storage lot in multiple locations working in the cold. Hopefully they already have enough parts on-hand but as we know cars on the production line take priority.
'08 E92 M3 BSM - sold
'02 E46 M3 CB - sold
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2022, 12:03 PM   #35
DAlby18
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Toronto Red M3 Competition

Quote:
Ya I got the same info from one person but if you call again you will learn that it's status is shipped but it's sitting there waiting for the parts. The girl didn't know what she was talking about. They are a mess at BMW Canada. Keep calling you will get different info.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2022, 12:24 PM   #36
benjos123
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlby18 View Post
Quote:
Ya I got the same info from one person but if you call again you will learn that it's status is shipped but it's sitting there waiting for the parts. The girl didn't know what she was talking about. They are a mess at BMW Canada. Keep calling you will get different info.
Yup, « in transit » means its in transit, but its still stuck there for bs.

This guy on fb just posted: after being stuck at port for 8days for a stop sale, my car is FINALLY en route.

Lol.. if he knew, he would take that « finally » off his vocabulary
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2022, 04:52 PM   #37
Mcc420
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX

Garage List
2023 g80x  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalby18 View Post
Quote:
called bmw canada this morning... She told me car is in "transit" which essentially means its being delivered someday.. Ram stop sale, currently in 193 since december. No movement on my end either. She seemed confused about port of exit and port of entry. She told me that in 4 years working at bmw canada, she has never seen an open recall fixed in bremerhaven, she assured me that all of these work orders will be done at port of entry (in my case halifax). All of you, keep us posted on your open work order!
ya i got the same info from one person but if you call again you will learn that it's status is shipped but it's sitting there waiting for the parts. The girl didn't know what she was talking about. They are a mess at bmw canada. Keep calling you will get different info.
yup, " in transit " means its in transit, but its still stuck there for bs.

This guy on fb just posted: After being stuck at port for 8days for a stop sale, my car is finally en route.

Lol.. If he knew, he would take that " finally " off his vocabulary
😂😂😂

F90 Comp, Hcp custom e40 meth, 9.76@143, 174ml/h 1/2ml 60-130 5.53

F10 M5, HCP Tune ,BM3, 10:8@137, 166.05 1/2ml.
Ig @mcc420
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2022, 06:00 PM   #38
benjos123
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcc420 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalby18 View Post
Quote:
called bmw canada this morning... She told me car is in "transit" which essentially means its being delivered someday.. Ram stop sale, currently in 193 since december. No movement on my end either. She seemed confused about port of exit and port of entry. She told me that in 4 years working at bmw canada, she has never seen an open recall fixed in bremerhaven, she assured me that all of these work orders will be done at port of entry (in my case halifax). All of you, keep us posted on your open work order!
ya i got the same info from one person but if you call again you will learn that it's status is shipped but it's sitting there waiting for the parts. The girl didn't know what she was talking about. They are a mess at bmw canada. Keep calling you will get different info.
yup, " in transit " means its in transit, but its still stuck there for bs.

This guy on fb just posted: After being stuck at port for 8days for a stop sale, my car is finally en route.

Lol.. If he knew, he would take that " finally " off his vocabulary
😂😂😂
Lool
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2022, 12:00 AM   #39
CPSI90
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 G82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundas View Post
They have been working on the backlog but they have 2 months of production to retrofit with RAMs. How many cars? How many are they doing a day? I have visions of a crew in Germany going from storage lot to storage lot in multiple locations working in the cold. Hopefully they already have enough parts on-hand but as we know cars on the production line take priority.
A bird told me there were 1,700 cars waiting. Other models as well not all of them are M3/4.

My car added on Dec 3 exactly 2 months now.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-04-2022, 09:23 AM   #40
Cee
Private First Class
Rep

Are the other 42 pages filled with VINs of affected Cars?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2022, 10:07 AM   #41
benjos123
Banned
Canada
Rep

I have that sheet. I was added on December 3rd as well. my buddy on October 1st and still same status..
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2022, 10:30 AM   #42
Cee
Private First Class
Rep

Did you get it from your dealer? In the end the result is the same, cars stuck in Germany until...who knows.
Unfortunately that document makes all our assumptions true.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2022, 02:12 PM   #43
benjos123
Banned
Canada
Rep

Yes and yes..who ever is managing this situation is completely lost. M cars should be their number1 priority in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2022, 05:39 AM   #44
Hello bimmer
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCI

I'm sorry, today I got a message from my sales, because the chip defects, many cars will be back to the manufacturer, and to rebuild it, maybe you have to check this message with your sales. I have a reservation for a M5 it has a recall about check the amplifier, but in 1st has closed, but found it still in the German port after sales check today, hope can ship to Canada in the near future
Appreciate 0