BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics G80 M3 /G82 M4 versus...

03-27-2022, 08:35 AM   #67
MCM4
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 GMC AT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkme323 View Post
Test drove a CT4V BW yesterday and immediately put down a deposit. The MT in this thing is amazing and honestly blows anything else I've driven out of the water. I would absolutely give this an edge over the M3/M4 Pure, which is saying a lot, because I love that car.
When I ordered my CT5-V Blackwing in September, the dealer had one of each on display. I did not even sit in the 4. But by all accounts it is the better daily driver. Regardless, the comparisons of the manual tranny in this CT4-V to the M3/M4 are universally in favor of the Tremec. You gotta take reviews with grains of salt, but nobody complains about the CT4-V.

What color did you order?
Appreciate 1
z335is356.00
      03-27-2022, 01:47 PM   #68
z335is
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCM4 View Post
When I ordered my CT5-V Blackwing in September, the dealer had one of each on display. I did not even sit in the 4. But by all accounts it is the better daily driver. Regardless, the comparisons of the manual tranny in this CT4-V to the M3/M4 are universally in favor of the Tremec. You gotta take reviews with grains of salt, but nobody complains about the CT4-V.

Yeah the CT4 Tremec is in another class of its own
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2022, 02:45 PM   #69
blinkme323
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCM4 View Post

My initial thought was black, but I ended up settling on orange.
      05-03-2022, 07:55 AM   #70
Kick 6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

I was really shocked at the speed of the new CTV-5 BW. The one I saw was new and it either had a lot of mods or the HP is rated a lot lower than what it actually is. I'm a Bimmer guy, but that car can fly!
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2022, 03:32 PM   #71
YamaLink
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: rust-free '93 Toyota 2wd

I've been passenger in friend's new CT5BW.
I don't need a 4 door. I don't want a car that big. I don't have the MSRP cash he paid. Having said that, if I could find a 5BW today for msrp I'd cancel my M4CX that lands in California in two days. I'm a V8 and supercharger fan, not really an American car type, but O. M. G. I'd hit it. As a daily driver for me (no kids, no passengers, work from home, yadda yadda), it is basically my Hellcat/GT350/old V6 supercharged SUV combo weirdo dreams combined but in a tuxedo. The CT5 Blackwing is absolutely wrong for me, and I want it. 'Merica!
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2022, 10:38 PM   #72
MCM4
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamaLink View Post
I've been passenger in friend's new CT5BW.
I don't need a 4 door. I don't want a car that big. I don't have the MSRP cash he paid. Having said that, if I could find a 5BW today for msrp I'd cancel my M4CX that lands in California in two days. I'm a V8 and supercharger fan, not really an American car type, but O. M. G. I'd hit it. As a daily driver for me (no kids, no passengers, work from home, yadda yadda), it is basically my Hellcat/GT350/old V6 supercharged SUV combo weirdo dreams combined but in a tuxedo. The CT5 Blackwing is absolutely wrong for me, and I want it. 'Merica!
How about the sound... amazing, right?

My 4 is in for PPF and tint. Should ship to me early next week. I still have a 5 on order, and am optimistic it becomes a '23 Anniversary build, but not holding my breath on that.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-05-2022, 10:42 AM   #73
ChrisM4
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Comp X-Drive

Garage List
I've owned three caddy's the best being a CTS-V Wagon with a manual. They are great cars and the performance is strong for sure. The interior of the G80/82 is much nicer though.

I wouldn't really compare the CT4 V Blackwing as it's a smaller car, slower and has a less refined V6 engine compared to the S58.

I think the CT5 V BW is a better comparison, though it's quite a bit bigger and I personally find the exterior design not as nice.

The SC'd V8 TR6060 combo is an amazing drivetrain and very mod friendly. It's basically bulletproof and will live a long time.

I cross shopped the three models before buying my BSM 2021 M4 manual. No regrets whatsoever with my decision and I've owned a TON of GM vehicles in the past. (CTS V wagon, ATS, Corvette, various F-bodies etc.)

Cheers,
Chris
      05-05-2022, 01:10 PM   #74
MCM4
Lieutenant
Rep

I agree w your points Chris. The Caddy is slower, less refined, and certainly not the interior offered by the BMW. But the rawness adds to the emotion of driving. Certainly not nearly as "perfect" as the BMW. I hope to keep 1 Blackwing 6MT and the M4 Comp x if it ever arrives. But having driven an M4 on 3 different occasions, I'll go w the Blackwing for driving enjoyment and the BMW when my wife comes along.
Appreciate 1
ChrisM41624.50
      05-05-2022, 08:54 PM   #75
M370z
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 370z

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisM4 View Post
I've owned three caddy's the best being a CTS-V Wagon with a manual. They are great cars and the performance is strong for sure. The interior of the G80/82 is much nicer though.

I wouldn't really compare the CT4 V Blackwing as it's a smaller car, slower and has a less refined V6 engine compared to the S58.

I think the CT5 V BW is a better comparison, though it's quite a bit bigger and I personally find the exterior design not as nice.

The SC'd V8 TR6060 combo is an amazing drivetrain and very mod friendly. It's basically bulletproof and will live a long time.

I cross shopped the three models before buying my BSM 2021 M4 manual. No regrets whatsoever with my decision and I've owned a TON of GM vehicles in the past. (CTS V wagon, ATS, Corvette, various F-bodies etc.)

Cheers,
Chris
I wouldn't say it's slower by any means. The CT4v BW easily outlaps the base M3 and even holds its own against the x-drive. That said, can't go wrong either way.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2022, 04:59 AM   #76
ChrisM4
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Comp X-Drive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M370z View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisM4 View Post

Cheers,
Chris
I wouldn't say it's slower by any means. The CT4v BW easily outlaps the base M3 and even holds its own against the x-drive. That said, can't go wrong either way.
Sorry lapping yes it might be a bit slower but I was referring to acceleration times.

I never lap more than 7-8/10ths anyways so it's a bit of a moot point for me. My use case is 99% daily driving, 1% drag strip / lapping. The manual base M4 has about 3mph trap speed over the CT4 V BW manual based on what I've seen in real life.

Don't get me wrong I love all three cars and I think the manual versions are the best in their respective segments. People should snap these up while they are still being made.

Cheers,
Chris