BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

01-24-2022, 08:27 AM   #89
razman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhmax16 View Post
That still doesn't change the fact that we can help drop prices if we as consumers reduce the demand. Dealers can only command a price that consumers are willing to pay, otherwise they do not sell vehicles and must drop prices to move inventory. Demand is still part of the equation regardless of the current environment and we control that variable.
So how exactly do we consumers "reduce the demand," forcing dealers to drop their prices, yet in such a way that we ALL still get our cars? It's not possible, correct? Some people will have to be gentlemen and bow out for the good of the others. Are you willing to be that person for us?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 08:34 AM   #90
EricVR4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

None of the dealerships in Houston have a mark-up on any of their cars from what I've seen (I just placed an order for a G80 Thursday at MSRP). When I was shopping around for an allocation, every dealer here that I talked to said they're not allowed to add a mark-up.

I have no idea if it's different per state, or what all is true, but I haven't seen any MSRP mark-ups here in Houston. Take that for what you will
      01-24-2022, 08:55 AM   #91
razman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricVR4 View Post
None of the dealerships in Houston have a mark-up on any of their cars from what I've seen (I just placed an order for a G80 Thursday at MSRP). When I was shopping around for an allocation, every dealer here that I talked to said they're not allowed to add a mark-up.

I have no idea if it's different per state, or what all is true, but I haven't seen any MSRP mark-ups here in Houston. Take that for what you will
Maybe because it's a German car? Might be a different scenario if you're looking for an f150 platinum?
Appreciate 1
EricVR4603.50
      02-11-2022, 11:26 AM   #92
Spiffx
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 992 Carrera

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMYG80 View Post
Quote:
I walked away from an M4 allocation @ MSRP over a $1k add on that the dealer wouldn't remove (StarGard). Stick to your guns. $15k is ludicrous. We as consumers have the power to bring the market back to some level of normalcy if we do our part.
you are wrong. it is production issue.

If you stick to your guns with expecting $1k over on M3 lol

Answer is you are not getting BMW at all. Any premium brand cars.

I just do not get that people still asking for MSRP or $1k over on M cars or any brands.

This shortage been going over an year and it will not end soon.

Wow.... wake up people!
I ordered my G82 xDrive in October with a $500 discount from MSRP. The car is now sitting at the port in Germany awaiting a carrier.
      02-11-2022, 11:37 AM   #93
GGG333
m
United_States
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffx View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I walked away from an M4 allocation @ MSRP over a $1k add on that the dealer wouldn't remove (StarGard). Stick to your guns. $15k is ludicrous. We as consumers have the power to bring the market back to some level of normalcy if we do our part.

I just do not get that people still asking for MSRP or $1k over on M cars or any brands.

Wow.... wake up people!
I ordered my G82 xDrive in October with a $500 discount from MSRP. The car is now sitting at the port in Germany awaiting a carrier.
Yes yes yes , no waitlists on G82 even in LA and for sticker.

Now let's talk about G80 , the one where some dealers want 25k
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2022, 11:42 AM   #94
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: GOLFFRR cart

I will just say what I always say.

The deal is not just the sale price, its the whole deal you have to look at. You could get x off MSRP only to have other parts of the deal marked up etc.. so in reality your not getting the deal you think you are.

Just do your homework, confirm you get a allocation (no production right away, no allocation) and go from there. Post up your deals on the forums in their full breakdown form to get feedback if you are not sure. There are sooooo many smart and experienced people on the forums that can weigh in. But at the end of the day its you as a buyer who has to look at what you feel is good or not based on all the variables in play.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 3
ARMYG8097.50
GGG333603.50
ChiTownM1065.00
      02-11-2022, 12:16 PM   #95
Spiffx
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post

The deal is not just the sale price, its the whole deal you have to look at. You could get x off MSRP only to have other parts of the deal marked up etc.. so in reality your not getting the deal you think you are.

Just do your homework, confirm you get a allocation (no production right away, no allocation) and go from there. Post up your deals on the forums in their full breakdown form to get feedback if you are not sure. There are sooooo many smart and experienced people on the forums that can weigh in. But at the end of the day its you as a buyer who has to look at what you feel is good or not based on all the variables in play.
No other "additions" whatsoever or markups in my case. Actually, the deal came with a very nice 0.9% APR for 60 months (which everyone was getting at that time, I know).
GOLFFRR10830.00
      02-11-2022, 12:19 PM   #96
Spiffx
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK__LA View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wow.... wake up people!
Yes yes yes , no waitlists on G82 even in LA and for sticker.

Now let's talk about G80 , the one where some dealers want 25k
Ah! Got it now… I wasn't aware that M3s where in so much higher demand than M4s.

Nevertheless, wouldn't make sense to markup one and not the other. Every M4 allocation could have potentially been a M3 allocation, no? Or are these allocations completely independent?

I like the M4 so much more. Although I do understand the M3 is much more family friendly.
      02-11-2022, 01:41 PM   #97
Spiffx
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post

Build MSRP and TT&L out the door.
Attached Images

02-12-2022, 02:16 AM   #98
Grumpy514
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3X

Garage List
Quote:
Is that 0.9% APR? On the BMW website it states that it is currently 2.49% APR? Also is the $500 a loyalty credit?

Perhaps it is your zip code? 22193 Here.
Appreciate 1
      02-12-2022, 09:14 AM   #99
Spiffx
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy514 View Post
Quote:
Is that 0.9% APR? On the BMW website it states that it is currently 2.49% APR? Also is the $500 a loyalty credit?

Perhaps it is your zip code? 22193 Here.
Yes, the 0.9% APR was available from BMW Financial until 1/1/2022. I got a rate lock when I got my allocation that same date (very lucky). The $500 discount I got through the BMW Group Corporate Sales Program (see link below). They have a listing with different discount levels for different models. $500 was the discount for the 4-series back in October when I placed my order. There were no Ms on the list, but my dealer granted the 4-series discount on my M4. Not sure if that's how it works or if he decided to help me.

https://bmwna.jotform.com/83125576463158?

It's interesting that the 3-series $1,000 discount explicitly excludes the M3, but the 4-series $500 discount only excludes the i4. This goes to prove what was mentioned earlier on this thread, that M3s and M4s are not the same when it comes to market demand and incentives. I just don't get it… the M4 is more of a sports car with the Coupe design. The body looks so much better (in my eyes, I know, beauty is in the eye of the beer holder).
      02-12-2022, 09:41 AM   #100
Spiffx
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

…but then, I also love the grill. It was love at first sight. The minute I saw that car on the street I went home to find out more about it. 1-2 weeks later I was placing my order. I just love the design. Almost all of it; I must be the weirdest one because the part I like the least was the protruding back just above the exhaust. I've read many others saying they love the back.

I guess I'm just odd.
      06-11-2022, 06:50 AM   #101
Spiffx
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

My journey has come to an end after over 8 months since I placed my order (early October). My car was produced in week 4 (January 27), and waited over 3 months to get on a boat. I took delivery yesterday (June 10).

I'm taking delivery just one month before MY23 start rolling out of production. For that reason I felt I should have received a discount. Nevertheless, I was unable to negotiate one. Much less with little leverage since they knew how badly I wanted the car.

The deal closed at MSRP as we had originally agreed last October, and they honored the 0.9% APR they gave me on January 1. My lock was for 90 days (as everyone else's), but back in March they agreed to extend it indefinitely due to the many delays with my car.

So, I didn't get a discount on a car that is almost already the "previous year model" (MY22), but at least I got a 0.9% APR, when the going rates are at around ~4.9% (please don't quote me on this, I'm not exactly certain what the current rates are).

Sharing in case this helps others.

PS: I also won the tire lottery, which made me really happy!
Attached Images

RideFAST123.00
MassComp2123.50
kjx3208.50
madpistol1746.00
Vervish149.50
02M3ForMe4264.50
Seedster2286.50
YamaLink425.00
adr_M3368.50
      06-13-2022, 12:03 AM   #102
Hawkdog
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘22 M4 Comp xDrive

Quote:
My journey has come to an end after over 8 months since I placed my order (early October). My car was produced in week 4 (January 27), and waited over 3 months to get on a boat. I took delivery yesterday (June 10).

I'm taking delivery just one month before MY23 start rolling out of production. For that reason I felt I should have received a discount. Nevertheless, I was unable to negotiate one. Much less with little leverage since they knew how badly I wanted the car.

The deal closed at MSRP as we had originally agreed last October, and they honored the 0.9% APR they gave me on January 1. My lock was for 90 days (as everyone else's), but back in March they agreed to extend it indefinitely due to the many delays with my car.

So, I didn't get a discount on a car that is almost already the "previous year model" (MY22), but at least I got a 0.9% APR, when the going rates are at around ~4.9% (please don't quote me on this, I'm not exactly certain what the current rates are).

Sharing in case this helps others.

PS: I also won the tire lottery, which made me really happy!
Remember, those ‘23s are coming with a $4K MSRP increase. You should thank your lucky stars the dealership kept you at MSRP and honored the 0.9%. They probably lost some profit to keep you there and that APR is going to save you much more in the long run than some minor MSRP discount.
Appreciate 2
Spiffx448.00
      06-13-2022, 12:34 AM   #103
gs1403
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 F82 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkdog View Post
Remember, those ‘23s are coming with a $4K MSRP increase. You should thank your lucky stars the dealership kept you at MSRP and honored the 0.9%. They probably lost some profit to keep you there and that APR is going to save you much more in the long run than some minor MSRP discount.
The 0.9% comes from BMWFS since they are the ones granting rate lock extensions. The dealer wasn't doing him any huge favor aside from honoring the original terms of the sale IMO. I suppose they could've tried to raise the rate to pocket the spread, but that would just be poor practice especially if they could get the 0.9% from BMW.
2023 G82 M4 Competition / Dravit Grey Ind. / Silverstone/Black Full Merino / Carbon Fiber trim / Bi-color 826M / Executive / M Carbon Ceramic Brakes / Icon Adaptive LED Headlights / M Shadowline Lights / M Carbon Exterior
Appreciate 2
Spiffx448.00
Coolked259.00
      06-13-2022, 05:45 AM   #104
Spiffx
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I forgot to mention that they also honored the $500 corporate fleet discount (mentioned in my previous posts).
      06-13-2022, 06:00 AM   #105
MassComp
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan GTS

Quote:
I forgot to mention that they also honored the $500 corporate fleet discount (mentioned in my previous posts).
I think you made out just fine with your MY2022 deal, especially in todays market, so go enjoy the heck out of your new M car!
3/19/22: Deposit placed on MY2023 Skyscraper Grey M3 Comp xDrive / 6/08/22: Dealer order placed - Status 047 / 6/25/22: Added Full Leather / 8/05/22: Received Allocation & Added Personal eSIM 5G / 09/18/22: Asked Dealership to Add M Drive Professional to My Build and They Canceled My Order
Appreciate 1
Spiffx448.00
      06-15-2022, 11:42 AM   #106
BigPaultheOctopus
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Corolla6MT/24M36MT/24iX50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worm25 View Post
Just went to BMW Henderson, they have 4 allocations a head of me but they do have other allocations that I can get. My advisor came back with the sheet and it hat $15000.00 market adjustment, WTF is wrong with people?
Just went to my local dealer here in Orlando last Friday to place my order, no allocations, not knowing how long the current waitlist is, I'm guessing at least 20+. It would be at least a 1.5 to 2 yrs wait period. FML.

They just had a new G80 xdrive arrived, MSRP 78k, the dealer told me they paid 15k over to get the car, and they are selling it for 100k+

The sales told me my best bet is buying this car now while waiting for my order to come. I was like, HXLL NOOOO, I ain't no fool paying 22k over a G80 xDRIVE and I want manual G80. But I am pretty sure this car will be gone in no time...there are still ppl out there who don't want to wait for 2 yrs to get the car.
Attached Images

Last edited by BigPaultheOctopus; 06-15-2022 at 11:44 AM.. Reason: add pic
Appreciate 1
Spiffx448.00
      06-15-2022, 12:30 PM   #107
Spiffx
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I think the car market is going to cool down with the Fed increasing interest rates and the repercussions that will have in the economy.
      06-15-2022, 01:14 PM   #108
NightWriter
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Pure

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPaultheOctopus View Post
Just went to my local dealer here in Orlando last Friday to place my order, no allocations, not knowing how long the current waitlist is, I'm guessing at least 20+. It would be at least a 1.5 to 2 yrs wait period. FML.

They just had a new G80 xdrive arrived, MSRP 78k, the dealer told me they paid 15k over to get the car, and they are selling it for 100k+

The sales told me my best bet is buying this car now while waiting for my order to come. I was like, HXLL NOOOO, I ain't no fool paying 22k over a G80 xDRIVE and I want manual G80. But I am pretty sure this car will be gone in no time...there are still ppl out there who don't want to wait for 2 yrs to get the car.
Lol. "In my professional opinion as a car salesman / financial advisor, I think your best bet is to pay this $22k ADM now, enjoy your stripper M3, then when your order comes up in two years, we'll give you $45k for it, and you'll be all set with your car @ 8% APR. Now, before we sign, let's talk about rustproofing and fabric protection..."
YamaLink425.00
amrh296.50
Seedster2286.50
      06-15-2022, 01:16 PM   #109
Spiffx
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWriter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPaultheOctopus View Post

Lol. "In my professional opinion as a car salesman / financial advisor, I think your best bet is to pay this $22k ADM now, enjoy your stripper M3, then when your order comes up in two years, we'll give you $45k for it, and you'll be all set with your car @ 8% APR. Now, before we sign, let's talk about rustproofing and fabric protection..."
      06-15-2022, 07:38 PM   #110
Rux
Captain
Rep
Drives: Little of this, little of that

Garage List
2024 BMW G42  [0.00]
2022 BMW G82  [0.00]
https://www.dupontregistry.com/autos...2/bmw/m4/37032

Crazy.