Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan35i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcali86 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Why is everyone so scared of change? Go buy an M8 if you like that boring front end.
Good taste apparently means "scared of change"

Must be a liberal
Why are Americans obsessed with labeling people? If good taste means boring and the same, then yes; you're scared of change.

Are you even buying a new M3 or M4?
Buddy, your butthurt is showing through the screen. To me it seems you're 'scared' of differing opinions.

Objectively, the improvement is drastic between the original G80 front end and this potential render. You're simply labeling something good-looking as "boring" and "same", likely because you're a new-age progressive who wants to stand out in any way possible, even if it means sacrificing coherent design language.

The M8 isn't even boring. It's also over $130k USD
Why are you obsessed with trying to label me? You literally can't comprehend that people like me love this design. It's stunning. I cannot wait to own this car and I'm so glad it doesn't look like the M8 or M5, which are both very boring designs now as they've been out for a while; this car makes them look ancient!

It's objectively a terribly boring render of an already incredible looking car, trying to make it look like all the current older models. There I can make opinions become facts as well

You never answered my question either, do you plan to buy either the new M3 or M4? I'm gonna guess no; so not sure why you're even here?
JTO245276.00
      10-20-2020, 07:39 PM   #201
R N M
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
I can’t wait to see what IND comes out with!

New front bumpers will be the new painted side markers just more $$$ lol

Either way - everyone will be happy.
Those that like the huge grill can rock it with pride and those that prefer more conservative look now have a great solution to stay with BMW. I’m sure my local dealer would be happy to install the “face lift” mod.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 07:40 PM   #202
nemex12
Captain
Rep
Drives: e60,z4

I think the red one is the coolest one
      10-20-2020, 08:08 PM   #203
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 440i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Why is everyone so scared of change? Go buy an M8 if you like that boring front end.

Must be a liberal
Why are Americans obsessed with labeling people? If good taste means boring and the same, then yes; you're scared of change.

Buddy, your butthurt is showing through the screen. To me it seems you're 'scared' of differing opinions.

Objectively, the improvement is drastic between the original G80 front end and this potential render. You're simply labeling something good-looking as "boring" and "same", likely because you're a new-age progressive who wants to stand out in any way possible, even if it means sacrificing coherent design language.

Why are you obsessed with trying to label me? You literally can't comprehend that people like me love this design. It's stunning. I cannot wait to own this car and I'm so glad it doesn't look like the M8 or M5, which are both very boring designs now as they've been out for a while; this car makes them look ancient!

It's objectively a terribly boring render of an already incredible looking car, trying to make it look like all the current older models. There I can make opinions become facts as well

You never answered my question either, do you plan to buy either the new M3 or M4? I'm gonna guess no; so not sure why you're even here?
Pretty sure their's no requirement to be a likely-buyer to comment on upcoming models and modifications...
Appreciate 1
      10-20-2020, 08:59 PM   #204
Jcali86
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Must be a liberal

Pretty sure their's no requirement to be a likely-buyer to comment on upcoming models and modifications...
True, there isn't, but your opinion literally means nothing if you're not.
      10-20-2020, 09:11 PM   #205
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 440i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Must be a liberal

True, there isn't, but your opinion literally means nothing if you're not.
Oh you live in a world in which your claimed intent to buy the car makes you an authority, cute
Appreciate 6
Jockey3451.00
GuyOh1067.00
low1352213.00
      10-20-2020, 09:40 PM   #206
cbertels
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 YMB-SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mcarfan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingi View Post
I hope they make this one. I want to see all the G8x owners stick to their original lung grills and not upgrade.

It'll be the new "I swear I'm not buying one"
I'd buy this in a G80. Current design is hard pass. 🤮
Appreciate 2
      10-20-2020, 10:04 PM   #207
///Mcarfan
IAB interrogating LEs
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Oh you live in a world in which your claimed intent to buy the car makes you an authority, cute
For real. Some people on here are delusional.
Appreciate 1
      10-20-2020, 10:10 PM   #208
jordan35i
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Must be a liberal

You don't understand the word objectively. I think the original is great and dislike the render. You feel the opposite, both of those statements are subjective.
Congrats, you disagree with about 90% of this forum

Anyway, when I do get my hands on a G80 I will definitely be getting a redesigned bumper.

CURRENT: '18 340i
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 10:12 PM   #209
jordan35i
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Must be a liberal

Am I wrong though?

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 10:14 PM   #210
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Fire Orange G80 6MT

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Must be a liberal

You don't understand the word objectively. I think the original is great and dislike the render. You feel the opposite, both of those statements are subjective.
Correct. My "subjective" opinion is contrary the the "subjective" opinion of a large percentage of people. Fully understand that not everyone agrees with me and I don't think my opinion is worth more or less than anyone else's. It's a polarizing design. You don't like it, and that makes sense to me. I happen to love it, and you just can't wrap your head around it.

Congrats on handling yourself like a gentleman.
Appreciate 1
JTO245276.00
      10-20-2020, 10:16 PM   #211
jordan35i
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Must be a liberal

Correct. My "subjective" opinion is contrary the the "subjective" opinion of a large percentage of people. Fully understand that not everyone agrees with me and I don't think my opinion is worth more or less than anyone else's. It's a polarizing design. You don't like it, and that makes sense to me. I happen to love it, and you just can't wrap your head around it.

You're reading way too deep into this. I could care less about your opinion.

Ask any person with experience in auto design, they will agree the OEM bumper is an insult to coherent design language.

You can have your opinions, but your opinion doesn't outweigh the majority nor actual auto designers.

Appreciate 1
low1352213.00
      10-20-2020, 10:20 PM   #212
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Must be a liberal

That's the point. You think you're so right that you consider your opinion to be an "objective one."

Try and respect the varying viewpoints of other forum members please.
Appreciate 4
VIERsr2623.00
JTO245276.00
Jcali861479.00
      10-20-2020, 10:21 PM   #213
jordan35i
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Must be a liberal

That's the point. You think you're so right that you consider your opinion to be an "objective one."

Try and respect the varying viewpoints of other forum members please.
Says the guy who thinks his opinion is more correct than the majority.

Hint that's where the word objective comes from. This bumper is objectively better because the majority agrees. There is no other deciding factor.

I respect opinions worth respecting personally.

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 10:23 PM   #214
///Mcarfan
IAB interrogating LEs
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:

Right, way to try to walk back on your stance. Weren't you the one that brought up the poll to back up your "subjective opinion" that since at that time more than half the vote liked or loved it, your "subjective opinion" some how weighs more than others that will buy the G8x and upgrade to this better new front end?

Also despite all the people banned from the main forum, the poll just tipped the balance to more dislike and strongly dislike. What should you use now?
https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1760978

You love it, great, but you are the minority, accept that.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 10:31 PM   #215
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mcarfan View Post
Quote:

Right, way to try to walk back on your stance. Weren't you the one that brought up the poll to back up your "subjective opinion" that since at that time more than half the vote liked or loved it, your "subjective opinion" some how weighs more than others that will buy the G8x and upgrade to this better new front end?

Also despite all the people banned from the main forum, the poll just tipped the balance to more dislike and strongly dislike. What should you use now?
https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1760978

You love it, great, but you are the minority, accept that.
This is the last thing I'll say to you:

You're taking my earlier post out of context. A member basically stated that we would all be switching to the aftermarket bumper because none of us could resist the temptation to do so, and none of us really liked the new design. I thought, and still think, that was the most ridiculous statement. Some of us legitimately like it, hard as that is to believe.

I cited a poll. Contrary opinions certainly were made clearer subsequent to that post and I acknowledged the scientific basis of the poll was unsound. I am happy to admit when I'm wrong. Still like the new design and realize I'm in the minority and still respect your opinion and everyone else's.
Appreciate 2
Jcali861479.00
      10-20-2020, 10:32 PM   #216
Mingwan
Major
Rep
Drives: X1 Individual custom paint

The new design is controversial that people are fighting over it on the internet and getting personal about it

Not completely a fan of the new design, but these redesigned bumpers look bland in comparison
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 01:23 AM   #217
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingwan View Post
The new design is controversial that people are fighting over it on the internet and getting personal about it

Not completely a fan of the new design, but these redesigned bumpers look bland in comparison
At least BMW has people talking about their cars instead of drolling over a Tesla. Trying to look at the positive for them. That's all I got.

The problem as I see it is many won't buy the car. Sure their are some that want an in your face ///M car. I kinda get it even if that's not my style but the implementation is just plain bad IMO.

Everyone should let Frankie, Sedan Clan, Solstice and a Few other enjoy this car because no one else is gonna buy it

Kidding.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 03:43 AM   #218
e92_m3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyler13 View Post
But I'm in the same boat as others. I'm not interested in paying to fix BMW's design mistakes.
My thoughts exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by low135 View Post
Change doesn't HAVE to be ugly, but here we are, watching people defend design garbage under the guise of "change"
This! 100%

Tbh, the new front end is hideous! To this day, I still can't get over how terrible it looks.

Hellaflush? All I could say is "effyo'flush","flushnuff", and Instead of 'illest', I'm calling it "faillest". It's just form over function nowadays...
-END RANT
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 07:06 AM   #219
mlust
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguino View Post
I just need a clean hood. I can work with the grills, eventually.
Yeah I agree, I’m not a huge fan of the hood. I still haven’t seen it in person, but for me this is the least thing I like about the design.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 07:30 AM   #220
Rick955
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Good lord. It is what it is! BMW doesn't give a rats ass what any of you think and they will still sell a crazy number of them. Us "purists" on this forum are a miniscule fraction of their audience, and, probably not even squarely in the crosshairs of their "target" audience. If you don't like it, then just let it go and find something else! Christ... the grill, the steering wheel, the hood, the bumper, the electronic dash... F'ing ridiculous.
Appreciate 6
VIERsr2623.00
Boss3301718.00
JTO245276.00
Flamingi532.00
Scorp!on1514.50