BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

10-02-2022, 05:10 PM   #1
smitpatel5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3Comp Xdrive (G80)

Full vs regular leather

I just want to confirm asap… if I order fjord blue leather the base option on my m3 comp xdrive, that I will still get it on the doors? Ik for 2022 model regardless of color and full vs regular you got the color on door but know ik for 2023 model certain colors like orange and silverstone no longer include color on doors unless you get upgraded full for under dash (and now doors). However certain colors like fjord blue , Fiona red, Ivory white , tartufo still even in the non upgraded version include color on the doors! Please can someone confirm? I'm status 111 and flipping very soon. Again on MY2023 M3CX include fjord blue in base variant on the doors? Or must I get full to do that? Thank you so much hopefully this wasn't too confusing
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2022, 05:21 PM   #2
yami sukehiro
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition

you can see the door cards here are red but the area under the dash is not -- you can likely trust the car configurator tool on this
Appreciate 1
      10-02-2022, 05:35 PM   #3
smitpatel5
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yami sukehiro View Post

you can see the door cards here are red but the area under the dash is not -- you can likely trust the car configurator tool on this
Okay perfect yes I was going based on config! Video confirms for red but since it's so weird based on color I just wanted a 2023 m3 with fjord blue to confirm lol
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2022, 06:22 PM   #4
JY01
JY01
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M4 Competition xDrive

I would trust the configurator. Seems like Yas, Silverstone, and Kyalami are the only colors that come with black door panels if you don't get full leather.

Also how do you know you'll be flipping out of status 111 soon? What's your build week?
Appreciate 1
      10-02-2022, 06:24 PM   #5
smitpatel5
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JY01 View Post
I would trust the configurator. Seems like Yas, Silverstone, and Kyalami are the only colors that come with black door panels if you don't get full leather.

Also how do you know you'll be flipping out of status 111 soon? What's your build week?
Thanks!! And was just guessing not sure BW yet just picked up this deal! I'll call genius tomorrow and get details!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2022, 08:31 PM   #6
svgM3
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 M40i (sold), 23 M3 CompX

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitpatel5 View Post
Quote:

Thanks!! And was just guessing not sure BW yet just picked up this deal! I'll call genius tomorrow and get details!
Isn't your m3 coming soon? How are you status 111?
Appreciate 1
      10-02-2022, 08:37 PM   #7
smitpatel5
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by svgM3 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah so it's complicated but I paid over sticker for that one and was basically being treated like shit and just had a bad experience with that one plus it wasn't the spec I wanted … so this stop sale was the state that broke the camels back kinda thing and plus I took that as my final sign to cancel that deal and found a deal at msrp so yeah basically restarted the process when I was sooo close to having the car and at this point I've been over year for the journey of getting this thing… but doing this deal yeah make me flip back from couple week till delivery back to order received lmao but it's prolly a 4 month more wait I'm guessing which lets me skip the Massachusetts winter haha giving me time to enjoy the car when I get it plus at sticker deal versus over saving me a lot of money and I mean a lot lmao plus I get the spec I want and no compromises!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2022, 08:51 PM   #8
svgM3
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 M40i (sold), 23 M3 CompX

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah so it's complicated but I paid over sticker for that one and was basically being treated like shit and just had a bad experience with that one plus it wasn't the spec I wanted … so this stop sale was the state that broke the camels back kinda thing and plus I took that as my final sign to cancel that deal and found a deal at msrp so yeah basically restarted the process when I was sooo close to having the car and at this point I've been over year for the journey of getting this thing… but doing this deal yeah make me flip back from couple week till delivery back to order received lmao but it's prolly a 4 month more wait I'm guessing which lets me skip the Massachusetts winter haha giving me time to enjoy the car when I get it plus at sticker deal versus over saving me a lot of money and I mean a lot lmao plus I get the spec I want and no compromises!
I get that. I got mine at msrp and the m3cx I have coming in (pretty sure it's on Sebring on the way to Panama canal) is exactly as I spec'd it. Going to have to swap the tires when mine comes in for Ohio temps. I used to live in Boston and the south shore area so I know how brutal the snow can be 👍🏽
Appreciate 1
      10-02-2022, 09:01 PM   #9
smitpatel5
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I get that. I got mine at msrp and the m3cx I have coming in (pretty sure it's on Sebring on the way to Panama canal) is exactly as I spec'd it. Going to have to swap the tires when mine comes in for Ohio temps. I used to live in Boston and the south shore area so I know how brutal the snow can be 👍🏽
Yeah appreciate that haha so excited for you! Cant wait to see pics!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2022, 10:06 PM   #10
Aalfred
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX, 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:

Dang….exactly how much more did u pay over MSRP? I remember you tracking the Auto Energy ship and finally got to NY port and now u have to do this all over again? Wow!!! Nothing is guaranteed in these day and age smh!!!
Appreciate 1
      10-02-2022, 10:28 PM   #11
smitpatel5
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aalfred View Post
Quote:

Dang….exactly how much more did u pay over MSRP? I remember you tracking the Auto Energy ship and finally got to NY port and now u have to do this all over again? Wow!!! Nothing is guaranteed in these day and age smh!!!
Haha yeah my entire journey has been long and hectic but I hope this is the last piece of the puzzle on getting my hands on the car! Also I wasn't on auto energy but instead another random vessel called Grande Cotonou, I shared that ship with a couple other forum members! But yeah I paid $10,000 over sticker … at that time I was waiting for almost a year and saw the opportunity come in and said screw it. The deal was back in august he said the car will be in my hands in 4 weeks latest! So September 1st week lmao it was more then double that time and still no sight of the car he also promised me no stop sales and ik not his fault but I was so done at this point plus his demeanor shifted and became very aggressive and rude and I didn't wanna deal with it. Part of the deal was to grab the spec he had coming in and also let me place the order for my spec the way I wanted it when I went to get this one so kinda 2 car deal.
Appreciate 2
Aalfred2607.00
kgelfen3602215.50
      10-02-2022, 10:34 PM   #12
Aalfred
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX, 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Haha yeah my entire journey has been long and hectic but I hope this is the last piece of the puzzle on getting me hands on the car! Also I wasn't on auto energy but instead another random vessel called Grande Cotonou, I shared that ship with a couple other forum members! But yeah I paid $10,000 over sticker … at them time I was waiting for almost a year and saw the opportunity come in and said screw it. The deal was back in august he said the car will be in my hands in 4 weeks latest! So September 1st week lmao it was more then double that time and still not sight of the car he also promised me no stop sales and ik not his fault but I was so done at this point plus his demeanor shifted and became very aggressive and rude and I didn't wanna deal with it. Part of the deal was to grab the spec he had coming in and also let me place the order for my spec the way I wanted it when I went to get this one so kinda 2 car deal.
I think you made the right decision. There is not customer service in these day and age and as long as there are people willing to shell out the money, they really dont give a damn about us. Well atleast u got another allocation and could spec ur car to your liking and saved a lot of money in the process
Appreciate 1
      10-02-2022, 10:36 PM   #13
kgelfen360
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Quote:
Haha yeah my entire journey has been long and hectic but I hope this is the last piece of the puzzle on getting me hands on the car! Also I wasn't on auto energy but instead another random vessel called Grande Cotonou, I shared that ship with a couple other forum members! But yeah I paid $10,000 over sticker … at them time I was waiting for almost a year and saw the opportunity come in and said screw it. The deal was back in august he said the car will be in my hands in 4 weeks latest! So September 1st week lmao it was more then double that time and still not sight of the car he also promised me no stop sales and ik not his fault but I was so done at this point plus his demeanor shifted and became very aggressive and rude and I didn't wanna deal with it. Part of the deal was to grab the spec he had coming in and also let me place the order for my spec the way I wanted it when I went to get this one so kinda 2 car deal.
I think you made the right decision. There is not customer service in these day and age and as long as there are people willing to shell out the money, they really dont give a damn about us. Well atleast u got another allocation and could spec ur car to your liking and saved a lot of money in the process
These are crazy stories!!!
Appreciate 1
      10-02-2022, 10:37 PM   #14
smitpatel5
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah exactly! The pros of exact dream spec, skipping shitty winter delivery timeline, saving $10k, no bs of having 2 g80s and trading one back in and market risk I think outweighs the negative of resetting the wait time 5 months if I had to guess
Appreciate 1
Aalfred2607.00
      10-03-2022, 12:22 AM   #15
John4C
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 6MT

Quote:
Haha yeah my entire journey has been long and hectic but I hope this is the last piece of the puzzle on getting my hands on the car! Also I wasn't on auto energy but instead another random vessel called Grande Cotonou, I shared that ship with a couple other forum members! But yeah I paid $10,000 over sticker … at that time I was waiting for almost a year and saw the opportunity come in and said screw it. The deal was back in august he said the car will be in my hands in 4 weeks latest! So September 1st week lmao it was more then double that time and still no sight of the car he also promised me no stop sales and ik not his fault but I was so done at this point plus his demeanor shifted and became very aggressive and rude and I didn't wanna deal with it. Part of the deal was to grab the spec he had coming in and also let me place the order for my spec the way I wanted it when I went to get this one so kinda 2 car deal.
Your original deal reeks of Herb btw… Am I right? I also live in Boston (if it wasn’t obvious)
      10-03-2022, 07:01 AM   #16
SunshineSail
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

Quote:
What tires are you going to put on? I'm in the same boat. My car's sitting at the performance center awaiting the stop sale to be resolved. If it gets sorted in November, I'll pretty much need to swap shoes on delivery.
Appreciate 1
      10-03-2022, 07:59 AM   #17
smitpatel5
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSail View Post
Quote:
What tires are you going to put on? I'm in the same boat. My car's sitting at the performance center awaiting the stop sale to be resolved. If it gets sorted in November, I'll pretty much need to swap shoes on delivery.
The dealers them self ypu Michelin Pilot Alpin 5 and if you can find those best bet if not Michelin pilot alpin pa4 was my second choice. I also personally was coming down the 255/35/19 with 19x8.5 wheels with 15 mm offset. I'm pretty sure that would fit? Didn't get to test it out lmao and now my car will come in like March February but my wheels are coming in a couple weeks lmao 😂
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 08:00 AM   #18
smitpatel5
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by John4C View Post
Quote:
Your original deal reeks of Herb btw… Am I right? I also live in Boston (if it wasn’t obvious)
Hahah 👀
Appreciate 1
John4C864.00