BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

09-19-2022, 07:57 PM   #89
colo3Kid
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 2022 M4 Comp Xdrive

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWriter View Post
MassComp: I'm just reading through this thread now, and wow... what a gigantic, odiferous pile of horseshit.

I've heard of some bad dealer stories, and this sounds like it's up there. What's bizarre is that it sounds like they tried to provoke you into some escalation from which they could then justify voiding the purchase order... almost like they felt like they could not just unilaterally cancel it?

At this point, I'm not sure what other advice to give. Sure, you can spend significant time and/or money trying to shame and pressure them through social media, state AG, legal representation, or broadcast media ("Tonight, the heartbreaking story of a local man whose $100k BMW order was unfairly voided by his dealership because he wanted to be able to drift his car. More at 11.") That may provide satisfaction, and maybe even a reversal from dealer ownership. But I wouldn't blame you for never wanting to set foot in that dealership again.

Given that you were prepared to wait for the car anyway, and knowing how much you were looking forward to it, you might consider keeping your chin up and getting onto a few other dealer lists. I don't know what the current situation is, but it sounds like the litany of production and supply issues continue to improve, and potentially you may find a short queue out there. If I were doing this again, I'd probably hire a broker to help with this process; for a few hundred bucks, they can save hours of legwork and identify a responsible dealer with a fair price.

I've enjoyed seeing your posts this past year during my purchase and ownership journeys, and hope you're able to find a satisfactory resolution and a good reason to stick around. Best of luck!
Great advice
Appreciate 1
MassComp2123.50
      09-19-2022, 08:17 PM   #90
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
MassComp wow I just saw this. I'm so sorry this happened... you've been a great source of support for me through my journey and it truly pains me that this is happening to you. I'm not sure I can offer any advice that would make things better, but I do hope you hold your head up. In situations like this i always remind myself that things happen for a reason, and perhaps you'rebetter for it even if you dont immediately see it.

While I wouldn't think of doing business with this dealer again, there are a few steps I'd take next:

- immediately start the search for allocations. The good news here is that with Production seemingly ramping up, you may not have to wait long for an Allocation.

- once you get your deposit back, put this dealer on blast on every medium you can think of. You have text evidence to back you up. What the dealer did was completely unacceptable. So once that deposit refund clears, post the name of the dealer, what they did, and the text evidence everywhere. Urge anyone and everyone to not do business with this dealer. This is truly the only way to hold these dealers accountable for their unethical practices.

Good luck and I really do hope you find justice soon. You're a valued member of this community and I know we're all pulling for you.

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 5
      09-19-2022, 08:55 PM   #91
MassComp
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
MassComp wow I just saw this. I'm so sorry this happened... you've been a great source of support for me through my journey and it truly pains me that this is happening to you. I'm not sure I can offer any advice that would make things better, but I do hope you hold your head up. In situations like this i always remind myself that things happen for a reason, and perhaps you'rebetter for it even if you dont immediately see it.

While I wouldn't think of doing business with this dealer again, there are a few steps I'd take next:

- immediately start the search for allocations. The good news here is that with Production seemingly ramping up, you may not have to wait long for an Allocation.

- once you get your deposit back, put this dealer on blast on every medium you can think of. You have text evidence to back you up. What the dealer did was completely unacceptable. So once that deposit refund clears, post the name of the dealer, what they did, and the text evidence everywhere. Urge anyone and everyone to not do business with this dealer. This is truly the only way to hold these dealers accountable for their unethical practices.

Good luck and I really do hope you find justice soon. You're a valued member of this community and I know we're all pulling for you.
I admit, I got a little teary-eyed from this one....

You guys are awesome, and I can't thank everyone enough for all the show of support.

Update: around 9:00pm tonight I actually received a follow up call from BMW Customer Relations, and the rep told me the complaint was reviewed and will be formally submitted against the dealership.

Unfortunately she reiterated there really isn't much they can do for my situation, but I expected that....I was just surprised to even get a follow up call after being told just this morning after first registering my complaint that I would not.

To be continued I guess....
3/19/22: Deposit placed on MY2023 Skyscraper Grey M3 Comp xDrive / 6/08/22: Dealer order placed - Status 047 / 6/25/22: Added Full Leather / 8/05/22: Received Allocation & Added Personal eSIM 5G / 09/18/22: Asked Dealership to Add M Drive Professional to My Build and They Canceled My Order
Appreciate 10
T0RM3NT3642.00
'Cane8514.50
wtwo317971.00
Aalfred2607.00
Joachim328.00
UnrealM4156.00
      09-19-2022, 09:12 PM   #92
MCM4
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 GMC AT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassComp View Post

Unfortunately she reiterated there really isn't much they can do for my situation, but I expected that....
What they should do is pull that allocation from the selling dealer and transfer it to the next closest one for you. Let you buy it at MSRP. Win for you, win for the new dealer to get an unexpected allocation. Loss for the dealer that screwed you (and they should take other allocations from them too).
Appreciate 2
Aalfred2607.00
MassComp2123.50
      09-19-2022, 09:13 PM   #93
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
I admit, I got a little teary-eyed from this one....

You guys are awesome, and I can't thank everyone enough for all the show of support.

Update: around 9:00pm tonight I actually received a follow up call from BMW Customer Relations, and the rep told me the complaint was reviewed and will be formally submitted against the dealership.

Unfortunately she reiterated there really isn't much they can do for my situation, but I expected that....I was just surprised to even get a follow up call after being told just this morning after first registering my complaint that I would not.

To be continued I guess....
I think you might come out ahead. I have said before and strongly believe global recession means there will be discounts soon.
Appreciate 1
MassComp2123.50
      09-19-2022, 09:50 PM   #94
Mark Kez
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Convertible

Karma is a bitch and has a long memory!!
Appreciate 2
MassComp2123.50
cvf2578.00
      09-19-2022, 10:00 PM   #95
Aalfred
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX, 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCM4 View Post
What they should do is pull that allocation from the selling dealer and transfer it to the next closest one for you. Let you buy it at MSRP. Win for you, win for the new dealer to get an unexpected allocation. Loss for the dealer that screwed you (and they should take other allocations from them too).
I think BMWNA has the power to do that. My neighbors I4 was delayed so much that the VP of BMW mid west intervened and had it transported overnight for faster delivery once it came to VPC and even paid the first 3 months loan payment. MassComp if you are still looking to buy an M3, i would contact Day Laborer and see if he can find you an allocation. My dealer in Milwaukee has an open one but wants 5K for it. If you want to negotiate, i can PM you her info. Good luck

Also, found this post too. Dontknow how accurate this list is
https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1954697
Appreciate 3
      09-20-2022, 08:09 AM   #96
nal13
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3 xcomp/911 cab/RR LWB

Garage List
B  [0.00]
I'm so sorry. This is unacceptable on so many levels. Hopefully BMWNA can secure you an allocation with another dealership. That is the least they can do at this time. Please share the dealership info once you are refunded. Google review conquest for bimmerpost members is in order.

I'm pretty sure there are also a number of dealer representatives and SAs that frequent these forums. A dealership would earn some major brownie points if an random allocation ended up with Masscomp.
Appreciate 3
      09-20-2022, 08:30 AM   #97
MassComp
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan GTS

So I took the advice of members here and sent an email to the General sales manager (which we have worked personally with in the past), as well as the COO/General manager of the dealership. At least this way I'll take solace that I've now taken just about every avenue when it comes to rectifying this incident.

All I stated in the email was that my wife & I are repeat customers, how additional options were added to my build without issue, and what actually transpired between myself, my salesperson, and his manager....and attached the actual text conversation we had.

We shall see what happens....
3/19/22: Deposit placed on MY2023 Skyscraper Grey M3 Comp xDrive / 6/08/22: Dealer order placed - Status 047 / 6/25/22: Added Full Leather / 8/05/22: Received Allocation & Added Personal eSIM 5G / 09/18/22: Asked Dealership to Add M Drive Professional to My Build and They Canceled My Order
Appreciate 13
wtwo317971.00
Gfit2714.50
colo3Kid154.50
tico1028124.00
BMWjnic15.50
Aalfred2607.00
Alachua146.00
s58544.00
T0RM3NT3642.00
      09-20-2022, 08:31 AM   #98
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
So I took the advice of members here and sent an email to the General sales manager (which we have worked personally with in the past), as well as the COO/General manager of the dealership. At least this way I'll take solace that I've now taken just about every avenue when it comes to rectifying this incident.

All I stated in the email was that my wife & I are repeat customers, how additional options were added to my build without issue, and what actually transpired between myself, my salesperson, and his manager....and attached the actual text conversation we had.

Fingers crossed!

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 1
MassComp2123.50
      09-20-2022, 08:35 AM   #99
Gfit
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3M, 2024 X5M. Sold 2022

Quote:

Good luck. This story is so strange. There are some members on here that I imagine are challenging. You seem to be an ideal customer. Spends good money but doesn't feel entitled l. I just don't get it.
Appreciate 1
MassComp2123.50
      09-20-2022, 08:45 AM   #100
darkbluemn
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M4 F82

This happened to me as well last year that my dealer gave my allocation to someone else. But my dealer said I should get another allocation soon so I waited. I got my another allocation about 2 months after, which was not "soon". It took me 13 months in total to get my car delivered.

It is definitely dealer's fault to do things like this and no excuse for dealer to be greedy. But in essence it is a demand and supply thing, reputation doesn't mean too much for a dealer nowadays which I kinda get used to it.
Appreciate 2
MassComp2123.50
Joachim328.00
      09-20-2022, 09:04 AM   #101
colo3Kid
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 2022 M4 Comp Xdrive

Quote:

Well you reached out to the top of the dealership's management to see if they have the integrity to make this right. You have certainly given them the opportunity. Time will tell...
Appreciate 1
MassComp2123.50
      09-20-2022, 09:46 AM   #102
PinkFlamingo
Car Shopping Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 GT4

Quote:

Hopefully the slimy attitude isn't coming from the top down. Good luck!
      09-20-2022, 09:52 AM   #103
Aalfred
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Im holding on to hope that there is some integrity at this dealership and someone is going to stand up and say, you know what this is wrong what we are doing to a repeat customer and we should hold ourselves to better standards. I cant wait to see the outcome of this. I hope you havent sold ur 826M wheels and tires yet. I just hope things turn out well and they make it right for you and even throw in some all weather mats for free for all these issues
Appreciate 1
MassComp2123.50
      09-20-2022, 09:53 AM   #104
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aalfred View Post
Im holding on to hope that there is some integrity at this dealership and someone is going to stand up and say, you know what this is wrong what we are doing to a repeat customer and we should hold ourselves to better standards. I cant wait to see the outcome of this. I hope you havent sold ur 826M wheels and tires yet. I just hope things turn out well and they make it right for you and even throw in some all weather mats for free for all these issues
Right, but the car is already heading into production in a totally different spec.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2022, 09:55 AM   #105
Aalfred
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F8SEVEN View Post
Right, but the car is already heading into production in a totally different spec.
I think its still status 112. His build week has been pushed back a lot. As long as its still status 112, they can change his build just like they changed his build to match the other persons build
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2022, 10:00 AM   #106
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aalfred View Post
I think its still status 112. His build week has been pushed back a lot. As long as its still status 112, they can change his build just like they changed his build to match the other persons build
Right but that could flip to 150 at any moment.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2022, 10:05 AM   #107
Znomorph4theWin
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 Comp M xDrive

Fingers crossed! I see others have given some excellent sound advice on how to proceed. I’d only underscore to not let an asshat dealer take away something you worked hard for and desired. Don’t let them get that satisfaction...They don’t deserve it. When the timing is right, expose them for what they are and did. You sound like a good dude, if they can do this to you, a repeat customer, they will do this to the next guy. Think if it as your doing a public service!! In the meantime, look for reputable dealer to do business with and secure an allocation.

After 11 months (with several ups/downs along the way), I’m finally expecting to p/u my M3Cx this week. Given your horrible story, I just might give my SO a nice little peck on the cheek thanking them for treating me professionally and with respect during our engagement.

Last edited by Znomorph4theWin; 09-20-2022 at 10:14 AM..
Appreciate 2
Aalfred2607.00
MassComp2123.50
      09-20-2022, 10:21 AM   #108
Aalfred
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F8SEVEN View Post
Right but that could flip to 150 at any moment.
His build has been pushed back so many time and its currently wk 39 if im not mistaken. You are correct that it could flip anytime but if that happens, they just get him the next allocation. There was a guy who had his M4 damaged in transit to the dealership and he received the next allocation. So if they want to make it right, they have the means to do it
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2022, 10:25 AM   #109
Aalfred
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znomorph4theWin View Post
Fingers crossed! I see others have given some excellent sound advice on how to proceed. I’d only underscore to not let an asshat dealer take away something you worked hard for and desired. Don’t let them get that satisfaction...They don’t deserve it. When the timing is right, expose them for what they are and did. You sound like a good dude, if they can do this to you, a repeat customer, they will do this to the next guy. Think if it as your doing a public service!! In the meantime, look for reputable dealer to do business with and secure an allocation.

After 11 months (with several ups/downs along the way), I’m finally expecting to p/u my M3Cx this week. Given your horrible story, I just might give my SO a nice little peck on the cheek thanking them for treating me professionally and with respect during our engagement.

Congrats. Just dont be arrested for sexual harassment for kissing ur SO for that J/K. Its all good
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2022, 10:31 AM   #110
Habber
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 2024 Brooklyn Grey SOLD

Garage List
  [9.83]
I'd love to hear that another dealer read this whole thread and came through with a new allocation for him.

Good for the dealership and good for MassComp.
Appreciate 2
MassComp2123.50
Aalfred2607.00