BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

09-26-2022, 02:31 PM   #265
Lakeside
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaralt View Post
yes but in your case YOU backed out of the deal. In this case the dealer did. I'm sure in most/all cases of non-refundable deposits its only if you change your mind. If the dealer backs out then they have to refund
I was simply considerate of them. I could have gone to pick up the car and shared COVID with the sales person and finance manager, and anyone else.

I also offered to let the vehicle go because I knew they were stressing about their end of year targets.

Lastly, I made a good faith effort to buy a different vehicle from them when conditions cleared up for my family. Of course none of this matters since a refundable deposit is refundable. During the course of this, the sales manager sent me numerous blanket e-mails for vehicles and every one of them talked about their refundable deposits. I just found it incredibly disappointing that even the Center of Excellence dealers don't necessarily treat customers well. It shouldn't take half a year to facilitate a simple transaction. Anyways, I'm glad to now be working with a dealer and sales person that I trust.
      09-26-2022, 03:05 PM   #266
G80DGM3CX
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassComp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by exmowner View Post
Really sorry this happened to you... I wouldn't sell the parts you have so quickly.

I understand you don't want to deal with this particular dealership again but hear me out. You have a lot more ''pull'' then you think. If you were to go to the dealer in person and sit down with the GM I'm sure you'd get an allocation.

You were worried about getting your deposit back as if it was a shady no name used car lot. Truth is they had no choice but to refund you. Having been a Gm in the past I can tell you bad reviews hurt, multiple bad reviews across all platforms hurt more.

As for the way you spoke by text, was it a contributing factor sure but had this been before the pandemic and this ''dealers doing us a favor'' style of thinking it would not have happened.

If all else fails, call around many dealers are at MSRP right now. Climate is changing rapidly.

Good luck!
Thank you for the kind words.

I've decided to sit on the sidelines a bit, especially with the stock market tanking as it has been of lately, and give it another go maybe come November/December....this way I would most likely receive the vehicle after the Winter which is OK by me. But if an allocation for a different vehicle on my original short list were to become available at MSRP or better, and with delivery within a relatively short time frame, I might go that direction instead.

As of right now believe it or not, all the BMW dealerships near where I live in Massachusetts were still asking ADM with 1 year waits. To date, Tulley has been the only dealership that has got back to me with an MSRP deal.
I have noticed that, two of the places that originally quoted me at msrp now are doing ADM, tough to hear.

Don't know if you tried Warwick or Peabody, but they also quoted me at msrp when I first was searching, might be worth checking with them to see if that is still the case, they did have longer wait times unfortunately as well.

2016 991 GT3
Appreciate 2
MassComp2123.50
Rux643.50
      09-26-2022, 07:00 PM   #267
maverick618
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 6MT

Quote:
As of right now believe it or not, all the BMW dealerships near where I live in Massachusetts were still asking ADM with 1 year waits. To date, Tulley has been the only dealership that has got back to me with an MSRP deal.
Not sure if youve expanded your search to southern Maine, but you could try BMW of Westbrook. Granted it was back in January I signed everything with them, but they had no issues doing MSRP.

So far my experience has been really good, and I am a first time BMW buyer.
Appreciate 1
MassComp2123.50
      09-26-2022, 07:20 PM   #268
Dirtbikerr450
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3, G80

Quote:
Thank you for the kind words.

I've decided to sit on the sidelines a bit, especially with the stock market tanking as it has been of lately, and give it another go maybe come November/December....this way I would most likely receive the vehicle after the Winter which is OK by me. But if an allocation for a different vehicle on my original short list were to become available at MSRP or better, and with delivery within a relatively short time frame, I might go that direction instead.

Call BMW of Peabody they gave me a MSRP a few months ago.
Appreciate 1
MassComp2123.50
      09-26-2022, 09:08 PM   #269
disancke
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 F32; 2023 G82 XDrive

Quote:
I've decided to sit on the sidelines a bit, especially with the stock market tanking as it has been of lately, and give it another go maybe come November/December....
Oh come on be a good man and don’t mention the stock market here…it hurts
Appreciate 2
MassComp2123.50
      09-27-2022, 09:58 AM   #270
MassComp
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbikerr450 View Post
Call BMW of Peabody they gave me a MSRP a few months ago.
Thank you for the tip.

The problem for me now is I'm essentially starting from scratch again when it comes to getting a new allocation for a G80, and even if I'm able to acquire one relatively soon at MSRP, I would then have to contend with the long wait period of the build process itself. I spoke with a Phil at Sudbury BMW just a few days ago, and he told me the process would take about a year at MSRP....

In addition, now that Tulley is off my dealer list (which sucks because they were the most conveniently located dealership to me), I now would have to drive out of my way to either Sudbury, Peabody, or Boston for warranty service.

Important factors for me to consider....
3/19/22: Deposit placed on MY2023 Skyscraper Grey M3 Comp xDrive / 6/08/22: Dealer order placed - Status 047 / 6/25/22: Added Full Leather / 8/05/22: Received Allocation & Added Personal eSIM 5G / 09/18/22: Asked Dealership to Add M Drive Professional to My Build and They Canceled My Order
Appreciate 0