02-02-2022, 12:00 PM   #45
KylianHamilton
Private
Rep
Drives: F90 M5, G80 M3C, Tesla M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmedman View Post
Remus’ Facebook page states they are able to provide opf deleters. I am sure these will need to be bought separately from the exhaust. They are necessary to avoid limp mode.
It's a shame they don't make it a all-in-one package, why sell an exhaust system that needs additional parts bought? All of the EU cars have the OPF so why not make the Remus OPF version including the deleter wiring.

I reckon a lot of people buy an exhaust first, from any of the aftermarket manufacturers, and then suddenly are being told a deleter is necessary to make the install work. Anyway does anyone know where to get the cheapest OPF deleter cables? Cheap but working haha
Appreciate 1
      02-07-2022, 10:18 AM   #46
aleks99
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw m4 g82

Quote:
Originally Posted by KylianHamilton View Post
It's a shame they don't make it a all-in-one package, why sell an exhaust system that needs additional parts bought? All of the EU cars have the OPF so why not make the Remus OPF version including the deleter wiring.

I reckon a lot of people buy an exhaust first, from any of the aftermarket manufacturers, and then suddenly are being told a deleter is necessary to make the install work. Anyway does anyone know where to get the cheapest OPF deleter cables? Cheap but working haha
wondering the same thing haha
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2022, 11:28 AM   #47
aleks99
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw m4 g82

Quote:
Do you have a EU spec car? And I'm wondering the same, planning on ordering Remus Race catback but is it still necessary to buy the deleters seperately or does remus provide you with them…
i have an eu spec car. remus does not provide you with them..
Appreciate 1
      02-07-2022, 11:30 AM   #48
KylianHamilton
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleks99 View Post
Quote:
Do you have a EU spec car? And I'm wondering the same, planning on ordering Remus Race catback but is it still necessary to buy the deleters seperately or does remus provide you with them…
Thanks for letting me know, I find it so odd they are selling an exhaust without the sensors, how would anyone be able to fit them without CEL. Neither do they offer them as an add-on…
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2022, 11:31 AM   #49
KylianHamilton
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleks99 View Post
Quote:
Do you have the catback system?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2022, 06:30 PM   #50
Rcp.42
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw m3 compitition xdrive g80

Quote:
So today I got into limp mode with error "drivetrain. Have the problem checked out by your service provider. You do not need to call roadside assistance" or something along those lines. It has been cold this morning and I had driven 2 miles or so. When I saw an empty stretch of the road, I floored it the RPM was above 5k. Then suddenly the dreaded orange triangle and this error. No CEL was shown. I stopped in a safe spot, turned the engine off and immediately back on. The triangle was there for a moment but as the engine started, the error went away completely. Did some spirited driving, when no one was behind me and the error did not recur.

My guess is that it is the opf/gpf bearing in mind I have had it deleted and deleter cables installed. But I am not sure, could be anything. I hope I haven't damaged anything. I have been fiddling a lot with the downpipes and stock exhaust trying to install the valvetronic midpipe. Used the car lift the other day. There was a lot of tugging and pulling involved and had to put the stock exhaust back on. I need to check the sensor connections tomorrow to make sure they are connected. But I am sure I reconnected them. The opf deleter does not work without them sniffing the exhaust air.

Anyone with encounter this error before, especially people who have the opf deleted?

Any recommendations for an error reader?
Hello, i have the same problem here. Installed the Valvetronic midpipe with the opf deleter and after pushing a little bit ‘error drivetrain’. How did you fixed this? Does the opf deleter not work?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2022, 10:17 AM   #51
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcp.42 View Post
Hello, i have the same problem here. Installed the Valvetronic midpipe with the opf deleter and after pushing a little bit ‘error drivetrain’. How did you fixed this? Does the opf deleter not work?
Hello. Sorry, it wouldn't let me reply to your pm because your account is brand new.

You should not have any limp mode. I never had it and still have the midpipe.

How did you "delete" the opf? Have you welded the required bungs/fittings onto the VT midpipe? Are the sensor connections physically screwed to these fittings on the midpipe? If you have, please recheck your delete cables to make sure they are properly connect. If you have done all this, maybe the deleters are faulty?

Last edited by madmedman; 04-21-2022 at 10:24 AM..
Appreciate 1
Rcp.420.00
      04-21-2022, 10:24 AM   #52
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Have you done this?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2022, 09:58 PM   #53
Rcp.42
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw m3 compitition xdrive g80

Quote:
Quote:
Hello. Sorry, it wouldn't let me reply to your pm because your account is brand new.

How did you "delete" the opf? Have you welded the required bungs/fittings onto the VT midpipe? Are the sensor connections physically screwed to these fittings on the midpipe? If you have, please recheck your delete cables to make sure they are properly connect. If you have done all this, maybe the deleters are faulty?
Quote:
Have you done this?
Quote:
Quote:
Hello, i have the same problem here. Installed the Valvetronic midpipe with the opf deleter and after pushing a little bit 'error drivetrain'. How did you fixed this? Does the opf deleter not work?

Valvetronic Design told me that i had to weld in OPF bongs or run the sensor deletes, so i bought an opf deleter like this;

https://www.baanvelgen.com/nl/leib-opf-deleter-bmw-m

But now I've learned that i also must weld the fittings on the midpipe even if with the opf deleter cables 😒, otherwise you get de fault codes P3071 P3072.

I'm now thinking to send the ECU over to femto for unlocking so i won't have this problem again and also can tune the car to stage2.

Did you only weld the fittings or also with the deleter cables like i did?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2022, 03:26 AM   #54
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Valvetronic Design told me that i had to weld in OPF bongs or run the sensor deletes, so i bought an opf deleter like this;

https://www.baanvelgen.com/nl/leib-opf-deleter-bmw-m

But now I've learned that i also must weld the fittings on the midpipe even if with the opf deleter cables 😒, otherwise you get de fault codes P3071 P3072.

I'm now thinking to send the ECU over to femto for unlocking so i won't have this problem again and also can tune the car to stage2.

Did you only weld the fittings or also with the deleter cables like i did?
Without the ECU tune, if you are using the delete cables, you also need the welding and connections into the midpipe otherwise you will get the limp mode. That’s how the cables work.

But if you can delete the opf with ecu tune, you don’t need to worry about any welding and Cables.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 10:11 AM   #55
playswcars
///M-Thusiast
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 X5 M50i

Garage List
The reason they don't ship deleters is because they're illegal in Europe. In fact, the only legal part of most aftermarket exhausts is the rear silencer.

Past: G80 M3x, G80 M3, G05 X5, F82 M4, F87 M2C, F20 M140i
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2022, 03:26 AM   #56
V-Eight
Captain
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 G80 Comp.Xdrive

Quote:
Have you done this?
I have the installation of the opf deleter from manhart tomorrow, along with a modified US spec stock exhaust system for my G80.

In my stock (OPF) central section there's only one cable each side. Why yours one has two of them?

BMW G80 M3 Comp.xDrive 2022 + Jaguar F-Pace SVR v8 2022 + BMW F20 M140i RWD 2017
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2022, 03:34 AM   #57
Sbm007
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX (Oxide Grey)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Eight View Post
I have the installation of the opf deleter from manhart tomorrow, along with a modified US spec stock exhaust system for my G80.

In my stock (OPF) central section there's only one cable each side. Why yours one has two of them?
His is a single mid pipe, so they put 2 connections on the single pipe

If yours is a standard X or H mid-pipe, you have 2 pipes so 1 connection on each pipe
2022 G80 M3 Competition M xDrive (Oxide Grey)
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2022, 02:04 PM   #58
Morteng70
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5 E60/M6 GC/M550i/M850/M3 Com

Quote:
So here's the reason I got limp mode :
Hi, I just bought my M3 Competition G80 2 weeks ago with approx 5000 km, the pre owner had done a opf delete and put on some aftermarket exhaust with some adapter to be used regarding the fuses on the passengers side to prevent check engine light, he experienced exactly the same....as did I yesterday driving home from Denmark to Norway...floored the car to try it out, just before 200 km/t I got the same message, Drivetrain loss...turned the car off for 5 min and then good to go. I called the pre owner (works as a BMW sales guy in Norway) and he explained the the reason was the opf delete...do you have more info the reason why this accures?

Regards

Morten
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 07:32 AM   #59
Holset
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morteng70 View Post
Quote:
So here's the reason I got limp mode :
Hi, I just bought my M3 Competition G80 2 weeks ago with approx 5000 km, the pre owner had done a opf delete and put on some aftermarket exhaust with some adapter to be used regarding the fuses on the passengers side to prevent check engine light, he experienced exactly the same....as did I yesterday driving home from Denmark to Norway...floored the car to try it out, just before 200 km/t I got the same message, Drivetrain loss...turned the car off for 5 min and then good to go. I called the pre owner (works as a BMW sales guy in Norway) and he explained the the reason was the opf delete...do you have more info the reason why this accures?

Regards

Morten
Maybe try to reset opf with ista?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2022, 02:48 AM   #60
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morteng70 View Post

Regards

Morten
This should not happen at all. Are the opf delete cables installed? Are the sensor connections installed? I think there is a problem with either of those. I have driven now close to 15000 miles and the only time I got the drivetrain error was when i forgot to screw the sensor connection in. Yours seem like a private sale but I would still take it back to the guy and ask him to look into it. Limp mode on a motorway is not a pleasant experience.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2022, 09:30 PM   #61
lming
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competetion

Garage List
I removed my GPF and flashed to ECU to the EU5 version, no CEL after 4000km of driving
Attached Images

Last edited by lming; 02-10-2023 at 09:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2023, 09:13 AM   #62
lming
Rep

Garage List
Below is the proof,

It shows for G80 RWD, there are two fuel maps, one with OPF one without OPF, you just need to cut the opf and flash to the right file.
Attached Images

Last edited by lming; 07-15-2023 at 03:46 AM..
Appreciate 1
      02-13-2023, 05:08 AM   #63
Sbm007
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lming View Post
Below is the proof,

It show for G80 RWD, there are two fuel map, one with OPF one without OPF, you just need to cut the opf and flash to the right file.
How did you flash new ECU file. Was it via ESys? Did you need to unlock, r I guess it let you because flash file is signed by BMW
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2023, 01:14 AM   #64
lming
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbm007 View Post
How did you flash new ECU file. Was it via ESys? Did you need to unlock, r I guess it let you because flash file is signed by BMW
You need Esys to do it, it does't need to be unlocked since all the files are from the BMW daten. They are considered to be legit.
Appreciate 2
Sbm007613.50
mathys202.50
      02-20-2023, 04:26 AM   #65
Sbm007
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You need Esys to do it, it does't need to be unlocked since all the files are from the BMW daten. They are considered to be legit.
Thanks! Good to know
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2023, 03:55 AM   #66
devil52573
Registered
Malaysia
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 M3

Quote:
Below is the proof,

It show for G80 RWD, there are two fuel map, one with OPF one without OPF, you just need to cut the opf and flash to the right file.
I am planning to remove the opf. So how can i flash this? do you have links to download it or any tutorial?
Appreciate 0