Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 - 6MT Triple Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDUNITNOW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwt2440 View Post
Off topic but I remember the cops and judges were ruthless when it comes to speeding in the dc metro. Especially in VA. How do you guys drive the G8X without getting thrown in jail???
I haven't gotten the break-in service done yet. Honestly, it's a gamble you take, and I try to pick out areas where there is less traffic and police. I'm going to invest in a radar detector and have waze up so I can have some protection. There is a place on 295 before my exit, and I can get up to 120 before I jump off. Does anyone else have suggestions?
I was born and raised in dc but left town after college so it's been about 20 years since I've lived there. I remember we would haul ass over the cabin John bridge (is it still called that) between VA and MD as cops wouldn't cross state line to get you. Or at least that was the theory for a quick run up to a high speed.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 01:40 PM   #90
JDUNITNOW
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I, 750li, X5

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDUNITNOW View Post
Quote:
Off topic but I remember the cops and judges were ruthless when it comes to speeding in the dc metro. Especially in VA. How do you guys drive the G8X without getting thrown in jail???
I haven't gotten the break-in service done yet. Honestly, it's a gamble you take, and I try to pick out areas where there is less traffic and police. I'm going to invest in a radar detector and have waze up so I can have some protection. There is a place on 295 before my exit, and I can get up to 120 before I jump off. Does anyone else have suggestions?
I was born and raised in dc but town after college so it's been about 20 years since I've lived there. I remember we would haul ass over the cabin John bridge (is it still called that) between VA and MD as cops wouldn't cross state line to get you. Or at least that was the theory for a quick run up to a high speed.
Not what it used to be, especially in Northern Virginia. They actually have undercover cops that trap you into a race and then pull you. I live in Glen Allen VA, and between county and state police, it's a gamble on your license. My insurance only went up 600 bucks, adding the M3, so I'm overly cautious. I had a guy in a C7 trying to egg me on yesterday on 95, and I just let him go.
04 BMW X5
11 BMW 335i convertible (sold, sellers market
Appreciate 1
jwt2440143.50
      01-19-2022, 10:26 AM   #91
djpapeleta
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G83

Man I dont even mess around with speeds in Virginia unless I know for sure the roads are isolated and no cops. I already got a reckless driving charge3 years ago and it is still affecting my insurance. By this summer it should not affect my insurance and it should go back down. I will leave my fast driving to go to Dominion Raceway on Friday nights. For $20 you can drag race all night so cant wait to take my M4 once it gets warm to challenge all the Hellcats lol
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 09:10 PM   #92
JDUNITNOW
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I, 750li, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpapeleta View Post
Man I dont even mess around with speeds in Virginia unless I know for sure the roads are isolated and no cops. I already got a reckless driving charge3 years ago and it is still affecting my insurance. By this summer it should not affect my insurance and it should go back down. I will leave my fast driving to go to Dominion Raceway on Friday nights. For $20 you can drag race all night so cant wait to take my M4 once it gets warm to challenge all the Hellcats lol
I know it's illegal but a radar detector and waze is the way to go. My jib requires me to have a good driving record and I am scared to really try my car out. I'm going to get the Uniden R7 for a little protection
04 BMW X5
11 BMW 335i convertible (sold, sellers market
Appreciate 0