BackOnBlack
Learning to drive again
Rep
Drives: M3CS

Garage List
2024 BMW M3 CS  [10.00]
PCA Track Dates - Sshhh!

Although not officially announced, I think the first two dates are:
  • HPDC for First timers and Novice drivers will be the first weekend of March.
    This will be on the Jefferson Circuit at Summit Point. It is one of the best for novice drivers. My son attended this event many moons ago. Morning sessions include lots of car control exercises, wet skid pad (super fun), and afternoon is dedicated to full track driving. It is a long and tiring day, but everyone comes out with huge smiles, I would highly recommend it if you even just thinking of possibly tracking.
  • First HPDE at Summit Point Main will likely be the third weekend of March.

PCA also holds free tech sessions before the events at local shops. The tech session for HPDC will either be on Feb 17 or the 24, TBD.

The tech session for HPDE will be on March 16 at Porsche of Chantilly.

The most important date, however, is February 1, midnight! Specifically 12:00 am!!! That's when the registrations open for all of their events for the year. The Beginner (Green) and Novice (Blue) groups fill up almost immediately. If you wait until 7 am on Feb 1, you will likely not find a spot in instructed groups. The uninstructed groups, White, Black, and Red generally will have spots. But you cannot sign up for those groups unless you can prove your driving history with PCA or other recognized clubs in the area.

Registration is at Motorsportreg.com.
      12-19-2023, 04:36 PM   #2
showmatic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M4 Competition

Thanks a lot! This came at the perfect time as I've literally just started researching track days as I've never tracked a vehicle before.
Appreciate 1
      01-08-2024, 10:01 AM   #3
BackOnBlack
Learning to drive again
Rep
Drives: M3CS

Garage List
2024 BMW M3 CS  [10.00]
The full 2024 provisional DE calendar is now available: https://pcapotomac.org/activities/drivers-education