BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

05-09-2023, 02:53 PM   #67
PMW0801
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
One annoying rattle coming from the upper-rear part of the driver door panel in the M3, as if it's the door lock pin rattling. It goes away when I rest my elbow there and apply moderate pressure.
Could be the same pins that are loose in the door panel. Check the video I posted.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2023, 03:20 PM   #68
Tethys
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Comp, 330i, Camaro SS

Garage List
I'm getting an annoying rattle from the rear deck lid.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2023, 03:23 PM   #69
wavyyyy
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2C

Garage List
2023 bmw m3 6mt  [0.00]
Obviously dealer couldn’t find anything wrong so I will pop off the door panel myself and take a look. It’s driving me crazy lol.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2023, 03:25 PM   #70
PMW0801
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavyyyy View Post
Obviously dealer couldn’t find anything wrong so I will pop off the door panel myself and take a look. It’s driving me crazy lol.
Dealer told me the same thing, that's why i had to fix it myself!!!
Appreciate 1
wavyyyy1045.50
      05-11-2023, 04:01 PM   #71
DO444
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MeraldCity_G82 View Post
Has anyone been getting rattles now that the weather is changing? I am hearing a rattle near the drivers side A pillar. I ended up finding it by tapping on the dash near the exterior light switches.

Took it into the dealership and they found that the small glove box beneath the lighting switch is the culprit and they ordered a whole replacement unit. I am also hearing some random plastic buzzing noise somewhere in the center/passenger side dash. Thinking it might be the center dash speaker.
All cars rattle as far as I’m aware.
Had mine a few months and it rattles.

Porsche rattles, BMW rattles, Acura rattles a bit but less than the Germans. Ford definitely rattles.

I know it can be annoying, but I haven’t found a brand of car without rattle. If you do please let me know.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSM_G808 View Post
Has anyone been getting rattles now that the weather is changing? I am hearing a rattle near the drivers side A pillar. I ended up finding it by tapping on the dash near the exterior light switches.

Took it into the dealership and they found that the small glove box beneath the lighting switch is the culprit and they ordered a whole replacement unit. I am also hearing some random plastic buzzing noise somewhere in the center/passenger side dash. Thinking it might be the center dash speaker.
It ain't a Porche
Why?

Porsche rattle too.
Appreciate 0