BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Coding, Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

06-23-2023, 09:54 PM   #1
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

2023/24 Curved display dash trim removal

Not sure if this is the right section but has anyone taken apart their dash trim on their curved display model?

I’ve seen the videos on the prior idrive screen but the curved display seems to be too new and I’m not able to locate anything, not even on ETK.

It looks like it separates without needing to disconnect the screen from the dash but I’m not sure how the entire section comes out (I tried)

I broke the right most vent trim somehow but I was not able to get the left side out.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2023, 08:13 PM   #2
Hardeight27
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
Not sure if this is the right section but has anyone taken apart their dash trim on their curved display model?

I’ve seen the videos on the prior idrive screen but the curved display seems to be too new and I’m not able to locate anything, not even on ETK.

It looks like it separates without needing to disconnect the screen from the dash but I’m not sure how the entire section comes out (I tried)

I broke the right most vent trim somehow but I was not able to get the left side out.
Did you get this figured out? I was thinking of replicating your MagBak setup.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2023, 08:18 PM   #3
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardeight27 View Post
Did you get this figured out? I was thinking of replicating your MagBak setup.
No. Not completely anyway. You can pull the far right side out and work your way down the dash just enough to get the wire under and fish out to the bottom (remove side panel on center console)
My problem was that I grabbed it from the corner to push the plastic T hooks into the vent that popped out.

Haven’t had the courage to remove the entire thing until I can locate a new part number to order if I break it lol.

I think I just needed to pull the left side out as well and it would have come out. I did notice that the trim around the radio and ac control may be a separate part and detaches somehow.
Appreciate 1