BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

08-27-2022, 03:14 PM   #45
BugKiller
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 M4Cx cvt

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmaster20d View Post
I recommend it for active safety steering if nothing else

it saved me from a collision last week, a car was merging in parallel as I was merging into the same lane, my car instantly steered out of the lane and saved the day. It readily paid for itself a few times over...2-3K option on a 90K car, no brainer if you ask me.
I am new to my M4 (3 weeks today) and recent BMWs, so my thoughts on this have evolved (see posts above in this very thread). Where I am at now and probably will stay is to have blind spot warning AND active steering control both ON but for lane change warnings (LEDs and vibration) ON with active steering control OFF.

With lane change and active steering control ON I find myself fighting the steering wheel every few minutes as I avoid a pot hole (something somebody else noted) or idiots driving by braille (with a set of tires riding the Botts dots or dashed lines between lanes).

What bothers me now is that, apparently (please advise if this is changeable), is that I have to use the Individual safety feature option to get lane change active steering control OFF and that means that the safety features light (circle with a car inside) is always orange rather than green. If any single safety feature is off the light is orange, and if 3 features are off (say, 1 you are aware of and 2 you are not and would turn on) the light is also orange.
      08-27-2022, 03:29 PM   #46
M3coco
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bmw x3m

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugKiller View Post
I am new to my M4 (3 weeks today) and recent BMWs, so my thoughts on this have evolved (see posts above in this very thread). Where I am at now and probably will stay is to have blind spot warning AND active steering control both ON but for lane change warnings (LEDs and vibration) ON with active steering control OFF.

With lane change and active steering control ON I find myself fighting the steering wheel every few minutes as I avoid a pot hole (something somebody else noted) or idiots driving by braille (with a set of tires riding the Botts dots or dashed lines between lanes).

What bothers me now is that, apparently (please advise if this is changeable), is that I have to use the Individual safety feature option to get lane change active steering control OFF and that means that the safety features light (circle with a car inside) is always orange rather than green. If any single safety feature is off the light is orange, and if 3 features are off (say, 1 you are aware of and 2 you are not and would turn on) the light is also orange.
I think you just push the mode button on the cruise control
And it will turn it on or off
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2022, 12:20 AM   #47
NYCMT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BSM G80

Quote:

it saved me from a collision last week, a car was merging in parallel as I was merging into the same lane, my car instantly steered out of the lane and saved the day. It readily paid for itself a few times over...2-3K option on a 90K car, no brainer if you ask me.
You don't need driving assistant professional to have lane change assist.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2022, 12:23 AM   #48
NYCMT
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

You can set this up differently so that you only get lane change warnings without intervention, and just leave it like that. Green halo.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2022, 04:53 AM   #49
provenflipper
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Garage is currently empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi587 View Post
Does the Adaptive cruise control work with the 6-speed manual?
6SPD doesn't get adaptive cruise.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2022, 12:26 PM   #50
BugKiller
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 M4Cx cvt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCMT View Post
You can set this up differently so that you only get lane change warnings without intervention, and just leave it like that. Green halo.
I have yet to figure out how to do that. Will ask my dealership's Genius.

I had been thinking to also look into Bimmercode options.
      08-28-2022, 03:35 PM   #51
V8MAN
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 M3CxD IOMG

Doesn't look the best location wise on the car, however I had it on my '22 X3MComp and I thought it was great option to have, I ticked the box on my '23 M3CxD order, no brainer for me...

Last edited by V8MAN; 08-28-2022 at 03:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2022, 09:31 PM   #52
NYCMT
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCMT View Post
I have yet to figure out how to do that. Will ask my dealership's Genius.

I had been thinking to also look into Bimmercode options.
It's a setting in one of the idrive menus. I don't remember where exactly, but I don't think it was that hard to find. You don't need Bimmercode for this.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 02:49 AM   #53
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

For me "must have".
      08-31-2022, 02:07 AM   #54
davidmct-M3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i with MPSSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBMWM5 View Post
For me "must have".
And for me. Can easily all be turned off by switching to sport mode when required.
Appreciate 0