home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums UK

07-21-2022, 06:07 AM   #1
Slow_and_Curious
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Lowered M4 on UK Roads

Hi All,

I was just curious if anyone is running a lowered M4 Xdrive in the UK? And how you are finding it on our roads? Does it become too low / too harsh? I'm considered Eibach 20mm springs for mine.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2022, 07:08 AM   #2
BMWM4CX
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow_and_Curious View Post
Hi All,

I was just curious if anyone is running a lowered M4 Xdrive in the UK? And how you are finding it on our roads? Does it become too low / too harsh? I'm considered Eibach 20mm springs for mine.

Thanks
Exactly the same setup I'm going for; going to get fitted in the next week or so hopefully.

I think with the Eibachs, the drop is moderate so I can't see it being too low, and I don't think you'll see a compromise in ride quality. With our xDrive cars riding quite high anyway, I honestly think the Eibachs will be perfect.
Appreciate 1
      07-21-2022, 07:17 AM   #3
Slow_and_Curious
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM4CX View Post
Exactly the same setup I'm going for; going to get fitted in the next week or so hopefully.

I think with the Eibachs, the drop is moderate so I can't see it being too low, and I don't think you'll see a compromise in ride quality. With our xDrive cars riding quite high anyway, I honestly think the Eibachs will be perfect.
Yeah my thoughts too, if I didn't have xDrive I probably would have been happy with the ride height. Let me know how you get on, I'll probably look to get them installed next month.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2022, 07:20 AM   #4
BMWM4CX
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4C

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah my thoughts too, if I didn't have xDrive I probably would have been happy with the ride height. Let me know how you get on, I'll probably look to get them installed next month.
No probs mate, will do. I'm having R44 sort it as they're top lads and know exactly what looks/rides well.

I think on the odd speed bump (those ridiculously tall single ones), you MAY scrape a tad, but in general, we should be good 👍🏻. I'll report back when fitted.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2022, 08:35 AM   #5
Slow_and_Curious
Rep

Quote:
No probs mate, will do. I'm having R44 sort it as they're top lads and know exactly what looks/rides well.

I think on the odd speed bump (those ridiculously tall single ones), you MAY scrape a tad, but in general, we should be good 👍🏻. I'll report back when fitted.
Having previously owned a 911, I know those tall speed bumps too well lol Ah yeah those guys aren't too far from me, about 20 mins away. Although after seeing Joe Achilles youtube video with suspension secrets, I was tempted to give them a try.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 05:40 AM   #6
Yun350
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw 525d mpsort

Quote:
Out of curiosity what would the difference be being rwd and xdrive for it being lowered?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2023, 10:35 AM   #7
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

I’ve recently purchased the MP lowering springs kit.
Will be getting installed in a couple of weeks.
Going for 10mm.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2023, 11:29 AM   #8
davidmct-M3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i with MPSSK

Unlowered x-drive. Only had a few issues with uk speed humps catching the air deflectors on bottom. Lowering will make this worse. I try to get one wheel on a hump if two side by side (avoids wearing inner part of tyre if you straddle - had that issue before!) or at an angle if all the way across the road.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2023, 03:34 PM   #9
Wo-Wo
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Comp Coupe

I have the Motech stance package which consists of Eibach Pro 20mm springs and 12mm spacers.

No issues, can’t really tell it’s been done from a ride perspective.

I’d 100% recommend doing it.
      09-24-2023, 12:35 PM   #10
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Mercedes E350 Cpe

I was thinking of doing mine but I already have scraped a couple on standard height so going to leave it.

I lowered my c63 via motec with eibachs and it looked amazing but scraped on some bumps. After a while it got annoying . As long as you don’t mind that then go for it
      09-24-2023, 03:27 PM   #11
JDUNITNOW
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I, 750li, X5 G80

I love in the US and just installed the Eibach pro kit front and rear springs on my G80. I just got back from a 300 mile trip and am in love with my car again. I had itowered on MSS springs and was very unhappy with the setup. No noises and going over expansion joints, it didn't hit the bump stops and soaked up road imperfections easily. I recommend changing out oem bump stops or cut them down to alleviate crashing on oem bump stops.
04 BMW X5
11 BMW 335i convertible (sold, sellers market
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2023, 10:36 AM   #12
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

My M4 xDrive has been lowered on the MP HAS (12mm) for a couple of weeks now and its great. I also have the MP front splitter installed.

No issues, retains same levels of comfort, TBH I don't feel any difference from stock but it corners like its on rails.

Have scraped a speed bump once but there is no damage to the splitter, I think its those plastic parts underneath that made contact.

It's quite a few £££ and time will tell if its worth it but loving it so far.
Appreciate 0