BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

04-27-2024, 02:05 PM   #67
turbojg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 G82 M4 Comp. X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcefed View Post
You have to make that the first widget, then use controller right and controller press to start it if you don't have cw/ccw controls yet.
I think I follow you. I'll give it a try. Thank you. I totally forgot that widgets are capable of being rearranged.

UPDATE: Thank you forcefed. That worked out well.

Last edited by turbojg; 04-28-2024 at 05:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2024, 09:14 PM   #68
thatguyM4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4

Are most of you on ID7 or ID8 ? Im trying something new as I do have the Can do but the only thing I can do at the moment is press M Mode and it will stay on M Mode regardless if I press M1/M2 or Stock settings until I use the Active Cruise Control - But I think were on the right track just need to figure out what needs to be configured to work with the can do and the ID7 platform .....
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2024, 05:45 AM   #69
canDO_Stef
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojg View Post
Hi CanDO-Stef, How is the next update coming? I would love to have the Controller CW and CCW for an association I would like to create. I would like to get to the center screen bar graphs in the sport mode. Unless someone has a better way to do that.
Hi turbojg, the next firmware update should be available within a few weeks!

Glad to see you got this to work with the current version, the next one will offer tons of flexibility with widgets.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2024, 05:47 AM   #70
canDO_Stef
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguyM4 View Post
Are most of you on ID7 or ID8 ? Im trying something new as I do have the Can do but the only thing I can do at the moment is press M Mode and it will stay on M Mode regardless if I press M1/M2 or Stock settings until I use the Active Cruise Control - But I think were on the right track just need to figure out what needs to be configured to work with the can do and the ID7 platform .....
Hi there! We are at your disposal to help dig into the ID7 platform. Please reach out directly so that we may build the database together.
Appreciate 1
thatguyM4208.00
      04-29-2024, 07:00 AM   #71
turbojg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by canDO_Stef View Post
Hi turbojg, the next firmware update should be available within a few weeks!

Glad to see you got this to work with the current version, the next one will offer tons of flexibility with widgets.
That sounds exciting. I see the CanDo as having a lot of potential and I am excited to see what the future holds.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2024, 05:03 PM   #72
thatguyM4
Private First Class
Rep

just did a review on Bimmerwerks M View Mode for the ID7 Platform :

Last edited by thatguyM4; 04-30-2024 at 05:04 PM.. Reason: correct video
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2024, 02:44 PM   #73
thatguyM4
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Hi there! We are at your disposal to help dig into the ID7 platform. Please reach out directly so that we may build the database together.
Stef the canDO works great on the ID8 platform I figured out the issues with ID7 But we got it installed on a customers G82 M4 and did the settings and Just like that it works prefect ....
Appreciate 1
      05-03-2024, 05:33 AM   #74
canDO_Stef
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguyM4 View Post
That is actually standard behaviour on the current version, so it is sounding like iD7 is working.

We will be adding what you are looking for in coming days:

canDO+ is highly configurable and extensible, as current owners can attest.

Anyone on iD7 willing to collaborate to ensure full compatibility, please PM me.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 09:29 AM   #75
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
That is actually standard behaviour on the current version, so it is sounding like iD7 is working.

Anyone on iD7 willing to collaborate to ensure full compatibility, please PM me.
This is perfect!
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 10:47 AM   #76
Kemps2Fast
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i 18 - M240ix 20 - M3C 22

Quote:

IM DOWN!! I have a 2022 g80 m3 Comp
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 11:38 AM   #77
canDO_Stef
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemps2Fast View Post
IM DOWN!! I have a 2022 g80 m3 Comp
Easy! Head over to https://cando.plus !
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 04:02 PM   #78
canDO_Stef
Rep

From our upcoming release with iDrive Controller Rotation, set up shortcuts to interior lighting schemes!

In this video, we set up Actions to choose from a shortcut to Interior Lighting, and chose our favourite colour (notice lighting changes to red). Notice that the trigger is something that canDO+ unlocks, a TOUCH event on an iDrive button.

I think that's a pretty cool shortcut!

We should've probably added a "Back Press" to bring the display back to where it was at the end of the operation. When you do it on your canDO+, don't forget to add it in!
Appreciate 1
forcefed2574.00
      05-06-2024, 07:31 AM   #79
turbojg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Using the canDo module...

Anyone have an idea on how to separate the button activation types (touch, press, long press)

If I set up an association using "Touch" most times when I do a "Press" to utilize the factory button function it executes the "Touch" and the "Press". Same thing with the "Long Press". (standard "Press" and "Long Press") Because you are actually touching the button before pressing it in the first case and pressing then holding it in the second case.

For example if the instrument display is in Sport Mode and the right display is displaying MEDIA and I create a "Long Press" of the TEL button to change the instrument display back to Road Mode. The instrument display changes to Road Mode (as it should) but the right display goes into the TEL screen. Even If I do a "Back" button association next in the sequence it doesn't return to the MEDIA display.

Additionally, If I use the normal button press for the TEL button it will change the instrument display and then take me into the right hand TEL screen.

I tried adding delays before and after associations with no success.

I didn't try it yet but what happens to the normal button press function if I create a "PRESS" association for a button. Which one takes precedence?

Last edited by turbojg; 05-06-2024 at 08:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2024, 09:52 AM   #80
canDO_Stef
Rep

Quote:
Using the canDo module...

Anyone have an idea on how to separate the button activation types (touch, press, long press)

If I set up an association using "Touch" most times when I do a "Press" to utilize the factory button function it executes the "Touch" and the "Press". Same thing with the "Long Press". (standard "Press" and "Long Press") Because you are actually touching the button before pressing it in the first case and pressing then holding it in the second case.

For example if the instrument display is in Sport Mode and the right display is displaying MEDIA and I create a "Long Press" of the TEL button to change the instrument display back to Road Mode. The instrument display changes to Road Mode (as it should) but the right display goes into the TEL screen. Even If I do a "Back" button association next in the sequence it doesn't return to the MEDIA display.

Additionally, If I use the normal button press for the TEL button it will change the instrument display and then take me into the right hand TEL screen.

I tried adding delays before and after associations with no success.

I didn't try it yet but what happens to the normal button press function if I create a "PRESS" association for a button. Which one takes precedence?
Hi! Which version firmware are you on? This is an issue that was fixed some time back. The DSC button, though, is different, but for all other iDrive buttons, a touch is a touch, and a press is a press. That is to say, there is no "precedence".

Engineering says they have to look into Press/Long Press, if there is an issue there, it will probably be addressed in the next firmware update (scheduled for launch very soon).

Last edited by canDO_Stef; 05-06-2024 at 09:59 AM.. Reason: Engineering feedback on Long Press
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2024, 09:59 AM   #81
turbojg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I am on G8x ID8 1.3.3

Hope I'm not on the latest version because that would be an easy fix. Can't try to update as I'm not near my vehicle at the moment.

Is there a listing someone of the latest version?

Last edited by turbojg; 05-06-2024 at 10:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2024, 10:04 AM   #82
canDO_Stef
Rep

Quote:
I am G8x ID8 1.3.3
Hello!

I'll be in touch to troubleshoot and get this resolved.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2024, 10:21 AM   #83
turbojg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hello!

I'll be in touch to troubleshoot and get this resolved.
Great! Which method of communication?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2024, 10:45 AM   #84
canDO_Stef
Rep

Quote:
Great! Which method of communication?
PM sent!
Appreciate 0