12-02-2022, 09:17 PM   #1
dovaro
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2023 G82 M4  [0.00]
Tracking new bmw via bmw.ca

Hello friends, I have got the VIN of my new build (still in production ) but I was not able to track it via the website or my bmw app.

Any tips to track the progress of my car ? I know bmw usa you can track it via production number and VIN
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2022, 12:25 AM   #2
123abc
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 540xi X5 35i M3C xdrive

Only in USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dovaro View Post
Hello friends, I have got the VIN of my new build (still in production ) but I was not able to track it via the website or my bmw app.

Any tips to track the progress of my car ? I know bmw usa you can track it via production number and VIN
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2022, 04:34 PM   #3
Hubie33
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4CX

I had my dealer activate the My BMW app with the delivery coordinator. They can back door entry into the app and it will show you exact location of the car and some of the app functionality but not all.

I was able to see the exact location of my car when it left the factory, when it was moved, etc. To be honest it became addictive as my car waited 42 days for carrier assignment once it left the factory. It was in a massive 3rd party parking facility with thousands of other cars.

When it did move it went to Zeebrugge, where it waited again for a couple more weeks, until the app updated and showed it on the boat before the dealer even knew it was leaving port. The cool thing about the app it is real time information.

I know some members had a challenge with dealers activating, as you don't own the car yet, however, I had a great relationship with my dealer and they were willing to activate.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2022, 05:17 PM   #4
Habber
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 2024 Brooklyn Grey SOLD

Garage List
  [9.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubie33 View Post
I had my dealer activate the My BMW app with the delivery coordinator. They can back door entry into the app and it will show you exact location of the car and some of the app functionality but not all.

I was able to see the exact location of my car when it left the factory, when it was moved, etc. To be honest it became addictive as my car waited 42 days for carrier assignment once it left the factory. It was in a massive 3rd party parking facility with thousands of other cars.

When it did move it went to Zeebrugge, where it waited again for a couple more weeks, until the app updated and showed it on the boat before the dealer even knew it was leaving port. The cool thing about the app it is real time information.

I know some members had a challenge with dealers activating, as you don't own the car yet, however, I had a great relationship with my dealer and they were willing to activate.
The car got taken off the ship at Zeebrugge after it got loaded at Bremerhaven?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2022, 06:07 PM   #5
Hubie33
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber View Post
No, the car went straight to Zeebrugge and departed from there. It never went to Bremerhaven. The waiting carrier assignment was excruciating as it was waiting for capacity to open up on ships. My dealer did tell me after the fact that BMW was pulling out all the stops to get cars moving with increased ships and new routes. That is what I believe you are referencing, as some customers had this exact situation happen to them, being pulled off boats and put on others. It's quite a logistical exercise.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2022, 06:11 PM   #6
Habber
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
  [9.83]
Quote:
Quote:
No, the car went straight to Zeebrugge and departed from there. It never went to Bremerhaven. The waiting carrier assignment was excruciating as it was waiting for capacity to open up on ships. My dealer did tell me after the fact that BMW was pulling out all the stops to get cars moving with increased ships and new routes. That is what I believe you are referencing, as some customers had this exact situation happen to them, being pulled off boats and put on others. It's quite a logistical exercise.
Ahh I'm now I understand. Mine got loaded at Bremerhaven doing a stop at Zee before Halifax unload.

Very cool for you to be able to track your car live.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2022, 06:14 PM   #7
Hubie33
Private
Rep

On a side note, there were also 2 other M cars delivered the same week as mine another M4 Comp and an M3 Comp. We had all ordered early April, and were rolled over from MY22 to MY23.

The M3 Comp was totalled 2 days after delivery as he was T-boned in an intersection. He was fine, but saw a picture of the car. 86K in estimated damage, needless to say it was a write off. Crazy after waiting for your car for 8+ months!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2022, 06:16 PM   #8
Habber
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
  [9.83]
Quote:
On a side note, there were also 2 other M cars delivered the same week as mine another M4 Comp and an M3 Comp. We had all ordered early April, and were rolled over from MY22 to MY23.

The M3 Comp was totalled 2 days after delivery as he was T-boned in an intersection. He was fine, but saw a picture of the car. 86K in estimated damage, needless to say it was a write off. Crazy after waiting for your car for 8+ months!
What was left after $86k of damage???? The car mats??
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2022, 06:22 PM   #9
Hubie33
Private
Rep

Quote:
What was left after $86k of damage???? The car mats??
Well said! Maybe the car mats did their job in the crash and saved the carpets from staining after the spilling of his Tim Horton's coffee?
Appreciate 0