BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

02-16-2024, 05:51 PM   #1
Vectors2final
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 YMB/SS ZCP

Ordered: TVM(299)/Full Tartufo G80

Hello Again,

Like the last generation, I spent much time lurking on G80 Post since this generation debuted. I quickly warmed up to the grille and heard whispers that the X-Drive version would come out. I typically go through cars like underwear, but I had an excuse to wait. I had no reason to jump into a car so soon, especially since the world went to hell in a handbasket, so I figured it would be best to wait for a refresh. I considered waiting until 2025 MY was released, but I didn't feel the changes were worth the wait. Very different from the the F80, where LCI was a massive change.

The closest I got to breaking my restraint was in 2022, but the wife wanted an RV so we could go "glamping." We picked up a 2022 Ram to tow our new 40' 5th wheel around, so I had yet another reason not to rush into getting another car. Rates took a turn for the worst in 2023, but now that we've paid those off along with my GT350, there was no real reason to wait anymore. Rates still suck, but I still have some time to get a better deal if Papa J-Powell and his friends get a little more dovish. When I went through the same process in the last generation, these order threads helped the time pass. It helped me relax and exercise patience, knowing that others were right there with me, waiting for the same thing. I also feel like these help others be resourceful in finding out information about their upcoming delivery and where it's at in the process. I feel like I would be doing the community a disservice by not posting this for others. It brings a sense of "community" before you even take delivery.

Here is the link to my old thread, which ended up being a repurposed thread for my second F80, and I was able to post a lot more about the process. Link to my old order thread on F80 Post.

2024 M3 Competition xDrive Configuration
  • 299 Techno Violett Metallic
  • Tartufo Full Merino Leather
  • Park Assist Package
  • Executive Package
  • M Drive Professional
  • Red Calipers
  • Shadowline Lights
  • Front Ventilated Seats
  • Carbon Fiber Interior Trim
  • Icon Adaptive LED w/Laserlight
  • Drive Recorder
  • M Carbon Exterior Package
  • M Double-spoke Black wheels

Here we are, sitting in "Status 102".

TL;DR for those who don't feel like reading the word castle: I'm getting back into an M-Car.

PS: Big shoutout to Day Laborer, who secured me a 2024 allocation in the same state within 24 hours over a weekend. He made the search much easier, as my local dealer has a long waiting list.
Appreciate 6
Llarry15980.00
Limegrntaln13472.00
Adcampo883.50
      02-16-2024, 08:41 PM   #2
Day Laborer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: M5 CS / iX 50i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Awesome to work with you and I’m excited to see the build!
Part-time with Next Level Auto Brokers, LLC https://www.instagram.com/nextlevelautobrokers/
Appreciate 2
      02-17-2024, 01:09 AM   #3
waiting
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 CX

Subscribed! I debated getting TVM but ultimately settled on BRG. Great build, looking forward to seeing pics when you have it.

Cheers!
Appreciate 1
      02-17-2024, 01:58 AM   #4
christianb5s4
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Built 2001 Audi S4

@daylaborer is phenomenal, couldn't have been happier. Best of luck and smooth sailing on your M3!
Appreciate 1
      02-17-2024, 08:52 PM   #5
Vectors2final
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Laborer View Post
Awesome to work with you and I’m excited to see the build!
You as well! Admittedly, I was unsure how this would go as I’ve never dealt with a broker before.

Much easier than expected, and I’m glad I did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting View Post
Subscribed! I debated getting TVM but ultimately settled on BRG. Great build, looking forward to seeing pics when you have it.

Cheers!
Appreciate the kind words! With my F80, I immediately fell in love with Yas and had tunnel vision. It wasn’t until I started seeing the Daytona Violet and TVM builds that I knew that my next order would include Individual paint, so this was a long time coming.

BRG is so classy… I’d love an Estate (Touring) in BRG like Joe Achilles.
Appreciate 3
      02-17-2024, 09:01 PM   #6
TinkerTailor
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 M4 Comp xDrive

Excited to see this color combination! I picked Techno Violett as my individual paint, but did Silverstone on the inside.
Appreciate 2
      02-17-2024, 09:03 PM   #7
TinkerTailor
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Cheers!
Funny that i am not the only one who debated between these two colors. I picked Techno Violett first then wavered and thought about changing to BRG.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2024, 09:08 PM   #8
Vectors2final
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerTailor View Post
Excited to see this color combination! I picked Techno Violett as my individual paint, but did Silverstone on the inside.
Silverstone is nice! You’re gunna love it, and it’s pretty easy to take care of. I liked it enough to pick it twice on the F80.

I’ve had a brown leather kick lately, and the only way you were getting it last time was to Indy that too.
Appreciate 1
      02-18-2024, 12:13 PM   #9
waiting
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 CX

Quote:
Funny that i am not the only one who debated between these two colors. I picked Techno Violett first then wavered and thought about changing to BRG.
I had 6 months to look at the visualizer and all of the forum posts before I was able to place my order last June. I finally settled on BRG, I go in to place the order and my sales guy says “Really BRG? Why not techno or Daytona?” I went home that day without an order placed. Came back two days later, stuck to my guns and ordered the BRG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectors2final View Post
You as well! Admittedly, I was unsure how this would go as I’ve never dealt with a broker before.

Much easier than expected, and I’m glad I did it.

Appreciate the kind words! With my F80, I immediately fell in love with Yas and had tunnel vision. It wasn’t until I started seeing the Daytona Violet and TVM builds that I knew that my next order would include Individual paint, so this was a long time coming.

BRG is so classy… I’d love an Estate (Touring) in BRG like Joe Achilles.
My brother’s F10 Comp lease was up in 2016 and we laid eyes on a F82 in YMB/Black at the dealership. He swapped that day. YMB is a very special color on the F8X.

I would get a G81 in a heartbeat.
      02-18-2024, 05:58 PM   #10
TinkerTailor
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Silverstone is nice! You’re gunna love it, and it’s pretty easy to take care of. I liked it enough to pick it twice on the F80.

I’ve had a brown leather kick lately, and the only way you were getting it last time was to Indy that too.
Thanks - I am super excited for it! Tartufo looks great, but I have an F30 with the classic BMW tan interior so I steered clear of warm colors this time. My dad had an F10 with the cinnamon brown interior - that looked great!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2024, 09:25 PM   #11
Vectors2final
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I had 6 months to look at the visualizer and all of the forum posts before I was able to place my order last June. I finally settled on BRG, I go in to place the order and my sales guy says “Really BRG? Why not techno or Daytona?” I went home that day without an order placed. Came back two days later, stuck to my guns and ordered the BRG.

My brother’s F10 Comp lease was up in 2016 and we laid eyes on a F82 in YMB/Black at the dealership. He swapped that day. YMB is a very special color on the F8X.

I would get a G81 in a heartbeat.

Truth be told, if BMW AG was accepting Yas, I’d probably do it again… but, admittedly it’s not as good of a fit as it was last generation. I will say that I’m only basing this off of the handful of others that have been rejected, so I didn’t feel like it was worth a shot.

All that matters know is that I’m still checking off a “bucket list” color.

Quote:
Thanks - I am super excited for it! Tartufo looks great, but I have an F30 with the classic BMW tan interior so I steered clear of warm colors this time. My dad had an F10 with the cinnamon brown interior - that looked great!

I don’t blame you! I’m in a phase where I’m all about the tan/brown leathers. My truck is the same way, but I love it.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13472.00
      02-19-2024, 01:53 AM   #12
juicy
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, F87 M2

Did u pay MSRP or below if u don’t mind me asking? Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2024, 12:56 PM   #13
Vectors2final
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicy View Post
Did u pay MSRP or below if u don’t mind me asking? Thanks in advance
MSRP

I would have loved to have gone below, but it can be rather difficult as the dealer I usually order from has a line and the nature of the market really doesn’t give the buyer too much positioning when they can’t even keep inventory.

I’ll try and leverage whatever incentives are available at the time, but that’s about all you can do. I’m sure if you dig enough, you’ll find someone below, but I wanted to stay 2024 and that really narrows ability to wheel and deal.
Appreciate 1
juicy81.50
      02-19-2024, 08:07 PM   #14
AP's G80
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 6MT

TL;DR for those who don't feel like reading the word castle: I'm getting back into an M-Car.

PS: Big shoutout to Day Laborer, who secured me a 2024 allocation in the same state within 24 hours over a weekend. He made the search much easier, as my local dealer has a long waiting list.[/QUOTE]

Great color choice! I also chose Techno Violet for my 2024 6 speed. It was my first choice when building my car. I have yet to see that color in person but I know it'll be stunning.
Appreciate 3
      02-19-2024, 10:35 PM   #15
Vectors2final
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Great color choice! I also chose Techno Violet for my 2024 6 speed. It was my first choice when building my car. I have yet to see that color in person but I know it'll be stunning.
Neither have I, but I just know.

Just saw your post saying it was released to the carrier. Congratulations, I’ll be following your build for sure. We’re gunna have to meet up or something. I used to come out to Houston a bunch for GT350 stuff, and before that I used to go for the defunct M-Gruppe meets.

I see you went with the HAS! Debating on going with that… but I do have my own show with a lift, so I’m on the fence about it.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2024, 02:22 PM   #16
AP's G80
Private
Rep

Quote:
Neither have I, but I just know.

Just saw your post saying it was released to the carrier. Congratulations, I’ll be following your build for sure. We’re gunna have to meet up or something. I used to come out to Houston a bunch for GT350 stuff, and before that I used to go for the defunct M-Gruppe meets.

I see you went with the HAS! Debating on going with that… but I do have my own show with a lift, so I’m on the fence about it.
Yes, I will definitely be attending meet ups in the future. I really got the HAS kit because I wanted the BMW warranty.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2024, 06:39 PM   #17
Vectors2final
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Things are moving along!

2/12/24 102 Special Order (no Prod Week)
2/19/24 111 Order Accepted at AG
x/x/24 (TBD) Status 150 Production Begins
x/x/24 (TBD) VIN Assignment
x/x/24 (TBD) Production Ends
x/x/24 (TBD) At The Port, Awaiting a Vessel
x/x/24 (TBD) Vessel
x/x/24 (TBD) Arrived at the Port of Galveston, Texas
x/x/24 (TBD) VPC Work Order Complete
x/x/24 (TBD) Dealer Arrival
x/x/24 (TBD) Delivery

Appreciate 1
      03-07-2024, 08:49 PM   #18
Vectors2final
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Now, with more PCD! (Still 111)

In keeping with the spirit of these order journals, I wanted to take a moment to provide an update and clear up any confusion or misinformation about PCD. Some of this info was included in this thread.

The dealership I'm working with has been super transparent and has provided me with updates during each step of the process. Here are two emails from PCD sent to my CA today after they put my request for PCD in CenterNet. You'll notice that they acknowledged it, but they came back and noted that imported models must have a work order complete date with the VPC before scheduling.

BMW Performance Center Experience - Reservation Request Received

BMW Performance Center Experience - Reservation on Hold

I've attached Bulletin # PCD-2024-01-31 here, which supersedes Bulletin # PCD-2023-11-16 . This starts with a high-level overview of the program changes and the process, along with some guidelines.

The summary below is from the BMW CenterNet portal.

Quote:
BMW Performance Center Delivery

Before completing the Delivery Reservation Form below, please read the following guidelines along with our bulletin on CenterNet, for all details regarding the experience:

• Locate the customer's desired vehicle in your center's allocated production inventory. Reservations must be received & processed prior to the vehicle reaching Status 151.

► If you are looking for a specific delivery date, see the delivery date guidelines below to determine which vehicle in your allocation will fit the preferred timeframe.

• Modify the vehicle to include the customer's chosen options.
Mark the vehicle as "Priority 1 - Customer Sold" and assign the customer's legal first and last name to the order (legal name reflected on their driver's license). The customer's name listed on the reservation must match the name assigned to the vehicle order and the name that will be listed on the Bill of Sale.

If the vehicle will be sold to a Company, both the Company Name and the name of the customer taking delivery, must be listed on the order for the vehicle.

• Complete the online Performance Center Delivery (PCD) Reservation Form located below (Vehicle must at least be in status 111).

• PCD will process the reservations in the order received. The vehicle will be changed to Priority 9, and 00619 will be added as the alternate ship to destination. This indicates that your customer's BMW is slated for PCD.

• The client advisor will be emailed when the first available delivery date can be determined. The delivery date will be based on the vehicle's production schedule and PCD availability (we cannot process reservation forms for vehicles that are already in Status 151 or later, released to a carrier or already delivered to your BMW Retail Center).

• Guidelines for determining delivery dates, based on the vehicle's production, are listed below. Please be aware that production changes, EPA/CARB holds for new models, known shipping delays, Stop Sales, VDC Installed Accessories and PCD availability may affect this calculation.

Domestic BMW Models (South Carolina Built)
■ Delivery dates are scheduled a minimum of 2 weeks after completed production.
■ Customer must take delivery no later than 6 weeks after completed production.

Imported BMW Models
Due to inconsistent shipping times, Stop Sales and delays, we are unable to accurately determine a delivery date for imported models until they arrive in the US and are Work Order Completed by the BMW VPC at the port of entry. The following parameters would then apply.
■ Delivery Dates are scheduled a minimum of 2 weeks after the Work Order Completed date at BMW VPC.
■ Customer must take delivery no later than 6 weeks after the Work Order Completed date at BMW VPC.

I hope this was of some value to you and that it will set some of you up for success going forward.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf PCD-2024-01-31.pdf (699.3 KB, 15 views)
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2024, 05:20 PM   #19
Vectors2final
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Just moved to 112!

Genius says, "Week of 4/7/24", which is a little confusing since that's a Sunday, so it's either Week 14 or 15.

2/12/24 102 Special Order (no Prod Week)
2/19/24 111 Order Accepted at AG
3/15/24 112 Scheduled for Production
x/x/24 (TBD) Status 150 Production Begins
x/x/24 (TBD) VIN Assignment
x/x/24 (TBD) Production Ends
x/x/24 (TBD) At The Port, Awaiting a Vessel
x/x/24 (TBD) Vessel
x/x/24 (TBD) Arrived at the Port of Brunswick, GA
x/x/24 (TBD) VPC Work Order Complete
x/x/24 (TBD) PCD Arrival
x/x/24 (TBD) PCD

Appreciate 0
      03-15-2024, 06:52 PM   #20
radm
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 6MT ordered, AR 4C Spider

Don't weeks in US start on Sunday? I had to force my Outlook calendar to start a week on Monday.

Coincidentally, I just moved to 112 today as well with build week 15, so our cars may be built in the same week. You will get yours sooner, though, since I am on the West coast.

Good to see that the individual color slowed you down only by about 2 weeks. I put my order in on 2/24, for 6MT IOMG with Silverstone.

Last edited by radm; 03-15-2024 at 06:52 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2024, 08:06 PM   #21
Vectors2final
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by radm View Post
Don't weeks in US start on Sunday? I had to force my Outlook calendar to start a week on Monday.

Coincidentally, I just moved to 112 today as well with build week 15, so our cars may be built in the same week. You will get yours sooner, though, since I am on the West coast.

Good to see that the individual color slowed you down only by about 2 weeks. I put my order in on 2/24, for 6MT IOMG with Silverstone.
I thought the same, but looking at the calendar, it seems Week 14 is April 1st to April 7th. I guess the ISO standard is weeks starting on Sunday. so you may have a point there.

I am also doing PCD, so there is added time there so we may end up seeing our cars around the same time.
Appreciate 1
radm124.00
      03-18-2024, 05:04 PM   #22
AP's G80
Private
Rep

Just wanted to share pics of how the color looks after a wash. This was a few weeks ago. My car is currently getting PPF and ceramic. Tint appointment next week.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4