home
Technical Sections Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

04-29-2024, 09:06 PM   #1
thatguyM4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4

Review of the ZESTEK RACING HUB on my G82 M4

This definitely makes the G82 M4 Diffrent as opposed to the stock OEM wheel. SO WHY DID I DO IT ! I want to get back to doing more track time and enjoy the Rush feeling you get driving on the track. If you haven't done any tra k time I suggest trying it at least once and I guarantee you'll get hook.
So why did I go with Zestek opposed to JQ or KMP ? I watched tons of you tube and came across Bimmer World doing a G series installation which looked so easy to do and No Air Bag light hmmmmm, That triggered my inner child to get one . Ordering it was easy spoke to Henry got it overnight and I was ready to install it . Installation was straight forward removing the OEM steering wheel installing the Zestek Hub was straight forward and easy .Now the fun part getting all the switches and dials all programmed. I swear they make it so easy just plug your Zestek hub to your computer open the app and you can literally change the color of the buttons and program them to your settings . Testing the Zestek Hub on a drive through some great backroads was a blast the magnetic paddle shifters worked awesome.. Customer Service with Zestek was excellent with Zac had a couple minor issues we worked through but I gotta say there Customer Service is on point and this is the biggest factor for me with any product .... Price point was good , Installation easy, Product Support 👌 👍 😀.....I've had this installed over a week and love how my M Mode is always on except when I go into ACC then it switches back .
Overall I'm happy with my Zestek Racing Hub.....
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      04-30-2024, 07:29 AM   #2
EatThatLunchBaby
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: ‘23 M3 Comp xDrive

Garage List
I love these racing wheels and I’m very jealous! You said it best, the inner child in me wants this all day long! 😆

How dangerous is it to daily drive a car without a steering wheel airbag? 🤔
Appreciate 1
thatguyM4212.50
      04-30-2024, 09:36 AM   #3
thatguyM4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatThatLunchBaby View Post
I love these racing wheels and I’m very jealous! You said it best, the inner child in me wants this all day long! 😆

How dangerous is it to daily drive a car without a steering wheel airbag? 🤔
For myself I know the risk involved driving it with the racing hub but that's the chance I take and for those who have been in an accident when that airbag pops open it feels like you got knocked the $&%;/^^* out . These cars or most cars these days are built so safe and the airbag will not deploy unless in a serious accident which I hope it doesn't happen .... In all I love it plan to do more track time adding a 5 point harness ,roll cage and couple other things .
Appreciate 1