BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

01-04-2022, 10:30 AM   #155
djpapeleta
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G83

I think I am going to wait until the end of next week to see if any of us move from QC if not I will start looking for cars on the lot that is somewhat close to my build. The issue I see with most cars on the lot is that they dont have bucket seats and I really want the bucket seats.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 10:49 AM   #156
TheGriffindor
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M4 Competition XDrive

Just heard back from my contact at BMW. She says my car is apart of the chip shortage issue. Germany factory is closed till Monday and she will be calling them on Monday for an ETA. Supply chain is so screwed
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 11:02 AM   #157
Macheins
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 Marina Bay M3 xDrive

Garage List
Regardless of what parts our cars are lacking to force them into the QC purgatory state, I am starting to lose my patience with seeing cars that are ordered months after many of ours somehow getting these same parts and being delivered to customers.

It feels like they put a ton of cars into QC and as new parts become available they provide a small percentage of those parts to the backlog and send the rest to the production line to produce new cars instead of first clearing out their backlog.

I wonder just how many cars they have sitting out in the elements somewhere awaiting parts that some cars are rolling off the assembly line with today.
      01-04-2022, 12:01 PM   #158
mjbernatz
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macheins View Post
Regardless of what parts our cars are lacking to force them into the QC purgatory state, I am starting to lose my patience with seeing cars that are ordered months after many of ours somehow getting these same parts and being delivered to customers.

It feels like they put a ton of cars into QC and as new parts become available they provide a small percentage of those parts to the backlog and send the rest to the production line to produce new cars instead of first clearing out their backlog.

I wonder just how many cars they have sitting out in the elements somewhere awaiting parts that some cars are rolling off the assembly line with today.
I share your same concern. It's wintertime in Germany, and the elements wouldn't be doing our cars any favors. What are the chances they're at least under some cover?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 12:05 PM   #159
JWBimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X7, M4 & X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGriffindor View Post
Just heard back from my contact at BMW. She says my car is apart of the chip shortage issue. Germany factory is closed till Monday and she will be calling them on Monday for an ETA. Supply chain is so screwed
That's interesting because there are folks on here who claim their cars are moving through the build process.

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...3#post28427363
      01-04-2022, 12:05 PM   #160
mjbernatz
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive 4.0

Quote:
Let's hope Santa left a sleigh full of RAM and amplifier parts under their tree.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 12:36 PM   #161
TheGriffindor
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWBimmer View Post
That's interesting because there are folks on here who claim their cars are moving through the build process.

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...3#post28427363
This makes me mad….
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 12:43 PM   #162
mikev116
Private
Rep
Drives: 22 Frozen Grey G80 M3xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbernatz View Post
I share your same concern. It's wintertime in Germany, and the elements wouldn't be doing our cars any favors. What are the chances they're at least under some cover?
thats my biggest concern, considering the fact that i have a frozen dark grey car sitting in qc for nearly 2 months, i wonder if our cars would even still retain the "new car smell" considering they're not really "new"
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 12:45 PM   #163
Rono63
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

My M4 Comp made it through without any delays during production, it did sit at the port in Germany for a month. I have the RAM stop sale like so many others. It's totally confusing that BMW is holding some in QC where others like mine are being shipped out and fixed at the VPCs.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 12:48 PM   #164
mikev116
Private
Rep
Drives: 22 Frozen Grey G80 M3xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macheins View Post

Dude that is the same exact question I'm asking myself... like how is it possible? What is the logic behind it? If ALL cars were sitting and not getting out it would make perfect sense, but the fact that some fly through production and delivery just blows my mind and has me wondering what went wrong for all of us who are stuck in QC for months....
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 02:58 PM   #165
chicagoguy0822
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Convertible (G83)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikev116 View Post
Dude that is the same exact question I'm asking myself... like how is it possible? What is the logic behind it? If ALL cars were sitting and not getting out it would make perfect sense, but the fact that some fly through production and delivery just blows my mind and has me wondering what went wrong for all of us who are stuck in QC for months....
Exactly. Plus, I don't think the dealers care. When I ordered my car in August, I got it for about $2K below MSRP. The dealership would probably like nothing more than for me to be pissed and back out so that they can get the car in stock and add another $10K to the MSRP to the next guy. Our hands are tied.
Appreciate 1
      01-04-2022, 03:26 PM   #166
Ruyseart
Second Lieutenant
Spain
Rep
Drives: M4 G82 xDrive

My biggest concern if my car were in QC for 2 months would be where it is stored, and if it is covered.
I wouldn't accept by any means a NEW car that has been uncovered in the german winter for 2 months. Even worse if we're talking about a frozen paint.
No way I would accept that without a big discount.
I really envy your patience you guys, because one thing is to wait for endlesless delays in production, as lots of us have been through, and other different thing is watching hundreds of cars ordered after yours, being produced and delivered in your face, while yours is stucked in some outdoors parking waiting for some chip.
Good luck for those whose patience stays strong.
      01-04-2022, 04:19 PM   #167
djpapeleta
First Lieutenant
Rep

I wonder if we start a hashtag movement on twitter would BMW be scared of the bad publicity. Doesnt the M3 have the same chips as the M4. Why are they flying out the factory with no issues.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 04:53 PM   #168
RoGo330i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW330i2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpapeleta View Post
I wonder if we start a hashtag movement on twitter would BMW be scared of the bad publicity. Doesnt the M3 have the same chips as the M4. Why are they flying out the factory with no issues.
Good idea, djpapeleta! Yes, there are global supply chain issues. However, as so many have commented, it’s the lack of communication, and continually frustrating conversations with the Genius line that is exponentially compounding the frustration. For me, today:
“We don’t know which factory or country your car is coming from.”
“After being in Quality Check for 33 days, your car is listed as being in transit, but we don’t know where.”
I don’t understand. If they can track our car when it’s stolen, why can’t they tell us exactly where our cars are, and why they are stuck
at any given stage, and when they will get delivered? In addition, I know there are very smart people on this Forum who probably could write code to improve the tracking system and a Genius’s ability to look at a screen and tell us exactly what is happening with our orders. Nordstrom doesn’t lose track of my shoes.
If there is a hashtag started, I’m sure there will be a lot of talented people who could tell BMW corporate how to improve Customer Relations to start with and ways to remedy the woeful lack of communication about how they decide which cars to finish and which ones they let sit for weeks and months on end with no progress.

You all have been supremely patient.

Last edited by RoGo330i; 01-04-2022 at 05:03 PM..
Appreciate 1
      01-04-2022, 06:24 PM   #169
LuxemburgBMV
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i xdrive msport

Garage List
I agree that the frustration for those of us waiting (got production number July 22) is that other cars are moving forward. Makes zero sense. My production week shifted by months and then I have been stuck at the port in Germany since November 24. How are people getting cars delivered and what is the explanation for how they decide who gets the parts? There must be some logic to it ?

Prior to the hold at the port I was told it could be before Christmas so I ran out and paid an extra grand for winter tires since everyone was sold out. Now they may be first used next winter.
Appreciate 1
      01-05-2022, 05:05 AM   #170
n55co
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: G80X BSM

some of the KW1 cars passed QC without any issues
What the hell is going on?

49 days now in QC
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2022, 08:55 AM   #171
TheGriffindor
Private First Class
Rep

Everyone in week 1 is making it through with the same packages as me. Like wtf is even going on anymore. A guy went through 3 stages in like 2 hours with laser lights executive package and parking assist. No carbon seats on his build. I have the exact same thing so why am I sitting here for 2 months. Totally f*cked up
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2022, 09:08 AM   #172
djpapeleta
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Everyone in week 1 is making it through with the same packages as me. Like wtf is even going on anymore. A guy went through 3 stages in like 2 hours with laser lights executive package and parking assist. No carbon seats on his build. I have the exact same thing so why am I sitting here for 2 months. Totally f*cked up
Are any of them M4s.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2022, 09:39 AM   #173
bruce911_
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4

I tried calling BMW support and after going through the system which was a pain and finally was transferred to speak to someone it said they are experiencing technical difficulties…. goodbye. My car is still in the twilight zone since being in QC since 11/8 almost 2 months. If other cars are being built and shipped this is totally messed up. We need an explanation as to why some of our cars are going nowhere. My car is a M4C.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2022, 09:49 AM   #174
TheGriffindor
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpapeleta View Post
Are any of them M4s.
I think one of them is, the others are all fully loaded M3’s. Week 46 are getting their cars rn or they are awaiting a part due to stop sale.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2022, 12:28 PM   #175
JWBimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X7, M4 & X5 45e

Quote:
I think one of them is, the others are all fully loaded M3’s. Week 46 are getting their cars rn or they are awaiting a part due to stop sale.
Some week 49's (M4's) are getting to the port in the US now. (I really need to stop reading the other build week threads).

I just sent an email to BMW corporate expressing my displeasure with this entire process and lack of communication. I know it won't go anywhere, but I feel somewhat better from yelling in the email.
      01-05-2022, 01:31 PM   #176
TheGriffindor
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWBimmer View Post
Some week 49's (M4's) are getting to the port in the US now. (I really need to stop reading the other build week threads).

I just sent an email to BMW corporate expressing my displeasure with this entire process and lack of communication. I know it won't go anywhere, but I feel somewhat better from yelling in the email.
Hahaha I feel you man
Appreciate 0