BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion

10-17-2022, 11:14 AM   #1
rayray88
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 535d

2015 F10 535d Stage 2 (ultimate daily!)

Hi All, I thought it was time I did a write up on my 2015 BMW 535d. I’ve owned this car for about 15 months now and to be honest, I’ve modified it far more than I anticipated since taking ownership. I am sucker for tinkering with my own cars and a bit of a BMW fan boy, so it felt like the 535d was the perfect candidate to become the ultimate daily driver. I’ve listed below all the modifications I have made; all the engine mods have yielded me 410bhp and approximately 800nm of torque (dyno prinout below). When driven sensibly on the motorway, I am still getting 45mpg-50mpg and local driving mid-30s so I am very pleased with the results. My other toy is a 1999 CLK55 AMG and although this car will never sound as remotely good as that car, it sounds completely different with the DPF removed and not half-bad to listen to.

Performance Modifications:
• Intercooler (Darkside Developments)
• DPF delete (Darkside Developments)
• Swirl flap delete (Darkside Developments)
• EGR valve delete (software)
• Stage 2 ECU tune (Performance Remap Ltd, Gloucester)
• Stage 3 XHP gearbox map (Performance Remap Ltd, Gloucester)
• Performance strut bar brace
• Sport+ mode and launch control (coded)

Cosmetics
• M Performance rear diffuser
• M Performance front splitter
• M Performance side skirt extensions
• M Performance carbon exhaust tips
• M mirror caps
• PMS style boot spoiler
• M4 GTS style rear lights
• Steering wheel wrap (East Detailing)
• Alcantara wrap dash trim
• Carbon fibre wrap dash trim
• 10mm spacers (front), 12mm spacers (rear)
• Chameleon windscreen tint
• Brake calipers painted

ICE
• 12” Android head unit
• Integrated dash cam
• Rear view camera reftrofit
• Speed limit info (coded)
• Digital speedo (coded)
• Sports displays (coded)

No reliability issues since I have had the stage 2 tune. I had a water leak recently but this was a bad pipe rather then any issues cooling the car.

In terms of what else I am planning to do: this particular car did not come with paddle shift and I have parts on order to retrofit this. I am also considering retrofitting folding mirrors. The other thing I would really like are some sportier seats although I’ve read M5 seats will not work due to coding issues. If anyone has any suggestions on seats, I am all ears.

I know the cosmetic changes are not to everyone’s taste, particularly the boot spoiler although I think it gives the car a little bit more of an aggressive look that it deserves. I would like to add that I haven’t added any M badges to my car that don’t belong there! Yes, the M mirror caps don't belong on my car and I was against fitting them...but guess what, BMW now fit this style mirror caps on their semi skimmed M cars so it's no longer a full-fat M characteristic. There are absolutely no additional “aquafresh” stripes anywhere! This is a massive hate of mine, especially when people are rebadging their cars to M320d, or my favourite on the X cars, and MX5 lol I recently saw someone put a M550d (US exclusive model!) on their 530d ffs

One thing that definitely intrigued me were the features I ended up coding in. Bearing in mind that I had a 2015 BMW M135i when it was new, I was surprised this car did not have Sport+, Sports displays or Launch control. I was able to code all of these features in using Bimmercode but this shouldn't be the case. Not long before we will have to code in heated seats LOL

Appreciate 2
      10-17-2022, 04:08 PM   #2
BmwLower
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

How its works digital cluster on F30?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2022, 10:24 AM   #3
rayray88
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 535d

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmwLower View Post
How its works digital cluster on F30?
That's the standard F10 cluster
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2022, 10:37 AM   #4
happyjack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F87 M2C 6MT

Garage List
lord vader, your car is ready!

bad@$$ looking machine with some serious torque! i think you've struck a good balance on the aggressive exterior mods. well done.

my garage: '23 G05 xDrive40i m-sport; '21 F87 M2C, 6MT; '17 F25 x-drive28i SAV; '15 F55 mini hatch 5-door
retired: '87 E30 MT 'vert; '92 E36 sedan; '99 E36 MT 'vert; '06 E90 x-drive sedan; '07 E83 x-drive30 SAV; '09 E91 x-drive wagon; '12 E89 Z4 MT M-sport; '15 F22 sport line
Appreciate 1
      01-10-2023, 01:13 PM   #5
S4HXO
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535d

How is it to drive now compared to before? I was thinking of doing much the same with Darkside, did you have them code out the DPF & EGR or was that done by Performance Remap at the same time as the remap? I take it there has not been any exhaust smoke since you had the work done?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2023, 05:32 PM   #6
ctcarbonari
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535i M Sport

Garage List
2015 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2015 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjack View Post
lord vader, your car is ready!

bad@$$ looking machine with some serious torque! i think you've struck a good balance on the aggressive exterior mods. well done.
lmao @ Lord Vader reference! Well said!
I agree 100% with happyjack. Tastefully modded and has a subtly aggressive look.

Nice Work and wow @ the torque!
Appreciate 1
happyjack1657.00