BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics G80 M3 /G82 M4 versus...

07-08-2022, 07:33 PM   #155
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamaLink View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I was referring more to the common variants rather than the GT cars. I do agree that those cars require even more compromise(s) to drive daily….

….although I would love to have the option to daily drive a GT3/RS.
Saw a new Targa, carmine red, at Home Depot today. Think I fell in love. Come on, nothing says "daily driver" like a trip to HD for a sprinkler. Came home to look up pricing and availability of my new dream daily driver....and immediately broke up with that idea, ha.

I truly LOL'd.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2022, 09:21 AM   #156
beden1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 BMW M4 Competition xDrive

I recently sold my 2012 Porsche 997.2 NA 911 GTS Cabriolet with manual transmission, and I have on order a 2023 BMW M4 Competition xDrive Coupe. I owned and drove the Porsche primarily on the back road twisters and mountains up around the Lancaster, PA areas when out for spirited drives. I used to take road trips to upstate NY and NJ just to find fun roads to drive this car that handled great and had the smoothest manual drive train I have ever driven (I've owned over 10 cars with manual transmissions).

We decided to sell our house in PA and moved to our second home in Florida fulltime over 3 years ago. Florida has flat and straight roads. As a result, I couldn't experience the handling of the Porsche, and as far as power is concerned, my previous C6 ZO6 kicked the Porsche's butt as far as seat of the pants power is concerned. Bottom line was that the Porsche became boring to drive. I took the car in for service one day and the mechanic told me I had only put 400 miles on it in 2 years. That's when I decided to sell it to someone who might appreciate it more than I was.

I also could not fit any golf gags in the car unless I stuck one bag in the passenger seat that was Alcantara.

The M4 gives me seat of the pants power, spirited handling, and more of an overall practical fun experience for here in Florida. In the coupe, I can also store 2 golf bags without a problem when I drop the rear seat backs.
Sedan_Clan25113.50
      07-18-2022, 01:52 AM   #157
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by beden1 View Post
I recently sold my 2012 Porsche 997.2 NA 911 GTS Cabriolet with manual transmission, and I have on order a 2023 BMW M4 Competition xDrive Coupe. I owned and drove the Porsche primarily on the back road twisters and mountains up around the Lancaster, PA areas when out for spirited drives. I used to take road trips to upstate NY and NJ just to find fun roads to drive this car that handled great and had the smoothest manual drive train I have ever driven (I've owned over 10 cars with manual transmissions).

We decided to sell our house in PA and moved to our second home in Florida fulltime over 3 years ago. Florida has flat and straight roads. As a result, I couldn't experience the handling of the Porsche, and as far as power is concerned, my previous C6 ZO6 kicked the Porsche's butt as far as seat of the pants power is concerned. Bottom line was that the Porsche became boring to drive. I took the car in for service one day and the mechanic told me I had only put 400 miles on it in 2 years. That's when I decided to sell it to someone who might appreciate it more than I was.

I also could not fit any golf gags in the car unless I stuck one bag in the passenger seat that was Alcantara.

The M4 gives me seat of the pants power, spirited handling, and more of an overall practical fun experience for here in Florida. In the coupe, I can also store 2 golf bags without a problem when I drop the rear seat backs.
Always reassessing. That is the way! The M4 is a great car.

Appreciate 0