BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

04-28-2022, 04:51 PM   #1
brinkmann
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4

$5000 market adjustment on new M3 order

Hi all,

I just began the process of inquiring with local dealerships about M3 allocations. I was told by the CA from BMW of Rockville that "we are charging a $5000 market adjustment on all BMW M cars due to the unprecedented car shortage and high demand for the G80/G82 cars".

On top of this they want a $5000 deposit to secure a spot on the waiting list for an allocation.

I'd appreciate any feedback based on recent experiences with new M3 orders.
      04-28-2022, 04:53 PM   #2
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

If you do put some effort, you can find plenty of dealers who are selling allocations for MSRP. But most of them might have at least some in the waitlist.
Appreciate 1
      04-28-2022, 05:35 PM   #3
MinMax
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G80

Garage List
Sounds almost the same as what BMW San Rafale charge except they asked refundable $1000 on deposit. I can understand If the car is in the lot, but charging over msrp without an actual allocation doesn't make any sense. Just imagine you have to wait until you can get an allocation and then also have to wait until the car is built and ship over. I would ask around more dealers I know there are many willing to do msrp on ordering.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2022, 06:49 PM   #4
NightWriter
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Pure

I hung up on BMW of Rockville last fall, when they were at MSRP but still had a $5k deposit requirement (higher than anyone else in the region).

NoVA dealerships -- as you've probably already discovered -- are all backed up with M3 orders (as are most dealers). Your best bet is to call around, far and wide, until you find a shorter queue, preferably with a medium (or larger) dealership that's M certified and keep your fingers crossed, and then prepare to wait anyway. You can also hire a car buyer/broker to help you with this process.

If you want an immediate allocation, you might find one for a hefty price ($10k-$20k), and even then getting a MY22 is questionable. Good luck.
      04-28-2022, 07:15 PM   #5
madpistol
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M440i GC

Based on what my CA just told me, all "new" allocations moving forward will be MY23. The only way that won't happen is if some dealership has allocations in their bank, and the only way that's happening right now is if they try and scalp the crap out of potential buyers.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2022, 07:38 PM   #6
gs1403
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 F82 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpistol View Post
Based on what my CA just told me, all "new" allocations moving forward will be MY23. The only way that won't happen is if some dealership has allocations in their bank, and the only way that's happening right now is if they try and scalp the crap out of potential buyers.
Doubt that's true. My CA has been getting MY'22 G82 allocations this week. Just not for my car.
2023 G82 M4 Competition / Dravit Grey Ind. / Silverstone/Black Full Merino / Carbon Fiber trim / Bi-color 826M / Executive / M Carbon Ceramic Brakes / Icon Adaptive LED Headlights / M Shadowline Lights / M Carbon Exterior
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2022, 09:59 PM   #7
Day Laborer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: M5 CS / iX 50i

Garage List
  [0.00]
I know of a DC area dealer with a production number asking for 6k over sticker
Dealerships will make their money one way or another.
For example:
At MSRP, they will require to finance with them at a marked up rate.
At over sticker, you may find them allowing base rate, or perhaps allow outside financing

I had one deal I compared - a guaranteed production number at 5k over w/base rate or outside lender vs MSRP with no production number at marked up rate.
The difference in totals were like $1800 for the ADM car w/production number

Hope this puts things in perspective
Part-time with Next Level Auto Brokers, LLC https://www.instagram.com/nextlevelautobrokers/
Appreciate 0