Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4 M40

Garage List
2021 Z4 M40  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebiker View Post
The sad fact is, IMHO they think they are. 🙁
I agree, but they could have washed it and kept it clean.
Appreciate 1
mzwerner393.50
      03-24-2022, 02:18 AM   #4248
villybiv
Fancy one
Lithuania
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebiker View Post
The sad fact is, IMHO they think they are. 🙁
Yeah can't really fool anyone People who know what that badge means will know what an actual M car is.
Appreciate 1
mzwerner393.50
      03-24-2022, 06:12 PM   #4249
Taco_Bueno
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM BMW M4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzwerner View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco_Bueno View Post
I just don't understand. They know they're not fooling anyone.
They're only fooling people who don't care.

If you actually know BMW's naming system you're not fooled.
The funny thing is anyone that's familiar with the M "brand" is familiar enough to know that's fake. Everyone else doesn't even know the significance nor have any idea it's fake lmao
Appreciate 2
mzwerner393.50
chenry2357.50
      03-24-2022, 06:48 PM   #4250
AR_Motorwerkz
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 M4, BMW WIDEBODY F13

Quote:
Oh yes the pièce de résistance!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2022, 08:04 PM   #4251
mzwerner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G82 competition

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
They're only fooling people who don't care.

If you actually know BMW's naming system you're not fooled.
The funny thing is anyone that's familiar with the M "brand" is familiar enough to know that's fake. Everyone else doesn't even know the significance nor have any idea it's fake lmao
Exactly
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2022, 02:57 PM   #4252
NotSticky
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition

It will fool a lot of people, but just like anything fake if you know the product you can tell. Same for handbags, cars or even gold chains
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2022, 07:00 PM   #4253
LakeSurfer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: bicycle

In Florida I probably see at least 3 fake badges per week and probably more if I looked for them. It's sad to me for deeper reasons. It's sad that this is what people do to impress people and even more sad that they think it works or that they feel compelled to impress anyone. Do these people think they gets looks because of a car? Are they impressed with someone else's car? Probably not so why do it?

We do these things because that's the world we live in and America is probably the worst at it. I'm bound by regulations to have a nice yard. All the shit I'm forced to put on my yard increases red tide blooms and kills millions of fish each year. It's crazy-toxic for the environment, But we don't care enough to get rid of the rules. We care about the appearance of something looking nice and we compete with each other to have a nicer yard. It's f-ing grass and in other states the grass we have is a weed.

I know so many people who buy themselves into the red. Who in the hell needs a 3000sft house? That sounds miserable to me. So much unused space, so much to clean and maintain. For what? To have a nicer house than your competitors, that's all. I go to work dinners at executives houses who live in mansions and I'm so not impressed. It makes me feel sick. During the 3 hour tour I'm constantly looking for which of the ten bathrooms to throw up in if I have to hear then say they want something bigger one more time.

You get the same junk here sometimes when someone feels the need to name drop their lambo or one of their other 12 cars. It's gross and tacky.

So I don't hate on these fake badges to much because we're all doing it at some level. It's not their fault, it's how we're all forced to be wired. It's our society's fault. If everyone stops flaunting their shit than no one will feel compelled to try to flaunt theirs to you.

Be humble.
Appreciate 1
      03-27-2022, 09:33 PM   #4254
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeSurfer View Post
In Florida I probably see at least 3 fake badges per week and probably more if I looked for them. It's sad to me for deeper reasons. It's sad that this is what people do to impress people and even more sad that they think it works or that they feel compelled to impress anyone. Do these people think they gets looks because of a car? Are they impressed with someone else's car? Probably not so why do it?

We do these things because that's the world we live in and America is probably the worst at it. I'm bound by regulations to have a nice yard. All the shit I'm forced to put on my yard increases red tide blooms and kills millions of fish each year. It's crazy toxic for the environment, But we don't care enough to get rid of the rules. We care about the appearance of something looking nice and we compete with each other to have a nicer yard. It's f-ing grass and in other states the grass we have is a weed.

I know so many people who buy themselves into the red. Who in the hell needs a 3000sft house? That sounds miserable to me. So much unused space, so much to clean and maintain. For what? To have a nicer house than your competitors, that's all. I go to work dinners at executives houses who live in mansions and I'm so not impressed. It makes me feel sick. During the 3 hour tour I'm constantly looking for which of the ten bathrooms to throw up in if I have to hear then say they want something bigger one more time.

You get the same junk here sometimes when someone feels the need to name drop there lambo or one of there other 12 cars. It's gross and tacky.

So I don't hate on these fake badges to much because we're all doing it in some level. It's not there fault, it's how we're all forced to be wired. It's our societies fault. It everyone stops flaunting the there shit than no one will feel compelled to try to flaunt there's to you.

Be humble.
I would not normally respond to a post like this, but this is such an odd rant that I can't resist. You are seriously asking on a BMW forum whether people think they gets looks because of a car? Uhhhh . . . yes. You think that all the posts about wraps, spoilers, lowering, black wheels, etc. would exist if the owner lived on a deserted island and nobody else ever saw their car? The whole point of Cars and Coffee and all the other car shows is because people like to look at other people's cars. I will, however, give you bonus points for managing to compare that phenomenon to the use of lawn fertilizer.

The other reason I wanted to respond is because although I can tell by your syntax that English is your first language, your simplistic logic nearly takes a back seat to your flawed spelling and punctuation. First, you really should go buy a box of commas and learn how to use them. Let's see - "crazy toxic" should be hyphenated, "executives" should be plural possessive, "their lambo", not "there lambo", "their other 12 cars" not "there", "too much" not "to much", "doing it at some level" not "in some level", "their fault" not "there fault", "society's fault" not "societies fault", "their shit" not "there shit", and "flaunt theirs" not "flaunt there's."
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2022, 10:59 PM   #4255
LakeSurfer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: bicycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeSurfer View Post

We do these things because that's the world we live in and America is probably the worst at it. I'm bound by regulations to have a nice yard. All the shit I'm forced to put on my yard increases red tide blooms and kills millions of fish each year. It's crazy toxic for the environment, But we don't care enough to get rid of the rules. We care about the appearance of something looking nice and we compete with each other to have a nicer yard. It's f-ing grass and in other states the grass we have is a weed.

You get the same junk here sometimes when someone feels the need to name drop there lambo or one of there other 12 cars. It's gross and tacky.

So I don't hate on these fake badges to much because we're all doing it in some level. It's not there fault, it's how we're all forced to be wired. It's our societies fault. It everyone stops flaunting the there shit than no one will feel compelled to try to flaunt there's to you.

Be humble.
I would not normally respond to a post like this, but this is such an odd rant that I can't resist. You are seriously asking on a BMW forum whether people think they gets looks because of a car? Uhhhh . . . yes. You think that all the posts about wraps, spoilers, lowering, black wheels, etc. would exist if the owner lived on a deserted island and nobody else ever saw their car? The whole point of Cars and Coffee and all the other car shows is because people like to look at other people's cars. I will, however, give you bonus points for managing to compare that phenomenon to the use of lawn fertilizer.

The other reason I wanted to respond is because although I can tell by your syntax that English is your first language, your simplistic logic nearly takes a back seat to your flawed spelling and punctuation. First, you really should go buy a box of commas and learn how to use them. Let's see - "crazy toxic" should be hyphenated, "executives" should be plural possessive, "their lambo", not "there lambo", "their other 12 cars" not "there", "too much" not "to much", "doing it at some level" not "in some level", "their fault" not "there fault", "society's fault" not "societies fault", "their shit" not "there shit", and "flaunt theirs" not "flaunt there's."
You proved my odd rant with a simplistic point pretty well and I applaud you for that. I'm guessing you have the biggest and best house on the block? Beautiful yard too? You seem like a person who posts pictures of himself doing yard work with your cars and house perfectly in frame, in the background and cross your fingers that you get a few likes or comments referring to them.

You're far better at grammar and punctuation than I am and I'm happy for you. You feel better about yourself because of this? You're part of the problem. You're why people put fake badges on "their" cars. Did I get that right? What world do you live in where grammar and punctuation is relevant, important or needed anymore? Do you still have a check book? Maybe you're to old to realize this but no one needs to know any of that crap anymore. No one cares because the only time we right, is in stupid Internet forums. Not at work, not at home, not anywhere but here. So you can keep your box of commas and, well, you know what to do with them.

I'm sorry that you require validation at a cars and coffee. I guess I'm the oddball who goes to look at cars and couldn't care less about mine being seen because unlike you I buy my cars for me and not to get my ego massaged.

You completely shit on so many people here who modify their cars for themselves, who are here because they did something they want to share with others because they might be proud of what they did and some who want to share information to potentially help someone else. It shows how big your ego is that you think everyone is on this forum just as a humble brag, that we're all here because we want to impress each other.

I hope it works out for you and I hope you get approval and acceptable by people you don't know because your stuff is so great.
Appreciate 3
      03-28-2022, 09:36 AM   #4256
bmxcamel
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F87 LCI, G01 m40i, E90 M3

Let's get back on topic. Seen on Reddit ///Wotorsport mobile
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 10:22 AM   #4257
ky0u
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i, f22 m235i, e30 325is

Garage List
2015 BMW M235i  [0.00]
1988 BMW 325IS  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxcamel View Post
Can't help but applaud the effort on this one. Bad taste but pretty good execution. Those bumpers aint cheap

Build Thread
Appreciate 1
mzwerner393.50
      03-28-2022, 11:28 AM   #4258
MmmmmM2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2016 Mazda CX-5  [0.00]
2021 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
I think the upside down ///M on the steering wheel is the best part.
Appreciate 1
mzwerner393.50
      03-28-2022, 11:44 AM   #4259
mzwerner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That is one ugly bmw…
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 05:42 PM   #4260
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i, 2021 228i GC

Garage List
Quote:
That is one ugly bmw…
I do like the red valve stem caps on the tires!
Appreciate 1
mzwerner393.50
      03-28-2022, 05:52 PM   #4261
mzwerner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westside Guy View Post
Quote:
That is one ugly bmw…
I do like the red valve stem caps on the tires!
Ok fine, those look ok 😜
Appreciate 1
      03-28-2022, 07:24 PM   #4262
TAZ007
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2021 Z4 M40  [5.00]
Please tell me it's no longer available. I want to ensure there is someone else out there with even worse taste.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 08:39 PM   #4263
bmxcamel
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MmmmmM2 View Post
I think the upside down ///M on the steering wheel is the best part.
It is hard to see, but the ///M on the fender vents are also upside down...i dont even understand.
Appreciate 1
MmmmmM22588.50
      03-28-2022, 08:40 PM   #4264
bmxcamel
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZ007 View Post
Please tell me it's no longer available. I want to ensure there is someone else out there with even worse taste.

100% still available, and it can be your sweet sweet ///W machine! I wasn't sure if it was kosher to post links to marketplace here, but if you search around Alexandria, VA you can def find it
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 09:25 PM   #4265
TAZ007
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2021 Z4 M40  [5.00]
Quote:
100% still available, and it can be your sweet sweet ///W machine! I wasn't sure if it was kosher to post links to marketplace here, but if you search around Alexandria, VA you can def find it
Thanks, only one can hope it will be gone soon.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2022, 06:31 PM   #4266
Wolfman’s Brother
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2

The fact that grill stripes are so commonly seen on the cars posted in this thread should tell ya everything ya need to know about that silly bs.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2022, 07:09 PM   #4267
NYG1121
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C

These are hilarious but can we blame the biggest culprit of all? BMW! Stop slapping M badges on everything and everywhere. It is legitimizing this behavior!!
Appreciate 1
      03-30-2022, 08:16 AM   #4268
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i, 2021 228i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman’s Brother View Post
The fact that grill stripes are so commonly seen on the cars posted in this thread should tell ya everything ya need to know about that silly bs.
So basically you have an issue when you see a car like this on the road?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0