G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics M3 / M4 Photos, Videos, Builds

10-22-2019, 07:09 PM   #287
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
If you are going to make an exception and follow instead of leading that’s the car to follow.

And I see now when you brought up the GT3RS that the GT2RS has an even more look alike black plastic rear corners floor extension running above the diffuser. The G8X is going to be bad-@ss and go link stink.

Last edited by solstice; 10-22-2019 at 10:59 PM..
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24809.50
      10-22-2019, 08:47 PM   #288
thermalc
Private
Rep
Drives: m4

Yup the G80 diffuser is almost identical to the new GT4.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 09:58 PM   #289
black_F10M5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

I agree, I think the black plastic is there to stay and there will be a black or maybe painted dark gray diffuser that attaches over the painted body color section above the tips. And most likely a carbon fiber M performance diffuser that will also be available. That with finished exhaust tips and this rear end will look great.

IND cosmetic | M Performance , RKP , 3D Design aero | Eisenmann Race exhaust | AMS catted downpipes | MSR intake | CSF charge coolers | DME Stage 2 tune | KW v3 coilovers | BBS FI | Michelin Pilot Sport 4S
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 12:01 AM   #290
Tracyis300
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 M3

This looks like a crash test car?.. that rear door looks smashed in?
And you can see the refection of a tech wearing a lab coat.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 12:19 AM   #291
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
If you are going to make an exception and follow instead of leading that's the car to follow.

And I see now when you brought up the GT3RS that the GT2RS has an even more look alike black plastic rear corners floor extension running above the diffuser. The G8X is going to be bad-@ss and go link stink.

That car is so sexy!
Appreciate 1
solstice5456.50
      10-23-2019, 01:24 AM   #292
Ghostriderf80
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Just a Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzracer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostriderf80 View Post
Quote:
Hmm.. I didn't think an M3 ass could look much better than this BUTT... (pun intended) even the F80 CS rear end looks a little plain and boring compared to the leaked photo. Considering the shot is pre-production I bet it's going to clean up very well and look sick! The G80 X-Drive Comp is going to be stupid fast and likely the best M3 to date. So relax fellas... most of you aren't going anywhere. Bigger grills are coming. Audi just beat them to the punch. By about 15 years.
Looks dated that F80. G80 looks hot.
Lol I kinda agree. And the part that looks dated is the rear bumper "shelf". You know..the one that catches all the road grime and dust. I did not think it looked dated until I saw the test mule. But hey.. don't be macking on my " brand new" 100k F80
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hmm.. I didn't think an M3 ass could look much better than this BUTT... (pun intended) even the F80 CS rear end looks a little plain and boring compared to the leaked photo. Considering the shot is pre-production I bet it's going to clean up very well and look sick! The G80 X-Drive Comp is going to be stupid fast and likely the best M3 to date. So relax fellas... most of you aren't going anywhere. Bigger grills are coming. Audi just beat them to the punch. By about 15 years.
Lol I kinda agree. And the part that looks dated is the rear bumper "shelf". You know..the one that catches all the road grime and dust. I did not think it looked dated until I saw the test mule. But hey.. don't be macking on my " brand new" 100k F80
F80 is great and mine was great.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 01:31 AM   #293
dezzracer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No doubt the F 80 is the best looking and most reliable M3 ever. I think that is universal around the world. I just waxed mine today and the aggressive muscular good looks are going to be hard to beat. I'm sure the designers had to work overtime to come up with something better. Making it look new and different was the easy part. One upping the current model not so much....
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 01:35 AM   #294
Ghostriderf80
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Just a Porsche

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No doubt the F 80 is the best looking and most reliable M3 ever. I think that is universal around the world. I just waxed mine today and the aggressive muscular good looks are going to be hard to beat. I'm sure the designers had to work overtime to come up with something better. Making it look new and different was the easy part. One upping the current model not so much....
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Haha ya agree. F80 will be like the e46. Classic one day. Bad ass car.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 01:42 AM   #295
IbizaSandro
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 MG/Blk

Looks can grow on you, but the total package will be it's selling point. I drive an F80 but the E90 owns my heart. I'm both excited and annoyed that the new model is coming soon!
solstice5456.50
      10-23-2019, 01:52 AM   #296
Crazy Penguin
Banned
Rep
Drives: Jet Black

Make sense. The diffuser is inline with the new trend. Much like the supra.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 02:06 AM   #297
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbizaSandro View Post
Looks can grow on you, but the total package will be it's selling point. I drive an F80 but the E90 owns my heart. I'm both excited and annoyed that the new model is coming soon!
My guess is that the G80 is going to be all about the pace around a track. A far superior aero package + AWD + a healthy power bump is going to make it immensely faster than earlier M3s in and out of corners. The advanced aero will also make it look more serious and in the end this will completely overshadow any concerns of it not being pretty enough.
Appreciate 2
      10-23-2019, 07:27 AM   #298
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
If you are going to make an exception and follow instead of leading that’s the car to follow.

The floor extensions don't bother me one bit. On the RS models, 600LT (carbon fiber there), etc. The more racecar the better. The diffuser and exhaust interaction looks unfinished on the leaked photos, but overall I don't dislike the rear at all

And yes, in all of my criticisms of BMW's direction I never said this thing won't be properly fast. M xDrive is an objective performance game changer (straight line, track). It's how M will claw some ground back against the 911's and Vettes of the world and continue to promote the idea that you can have nearly as much performance without losing practicality. Plus, it should help minimize curb jumping by the new generations doin it for the gram. Win-win.

Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 09:26 AM   #299
kyrix1st
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G87 M2; E92M3 MT&DCT; M3 euro

Garage List
2004 BMW Z4  [0.00]
This is, as Albert Biermann would call it, a pretender.

Sure, you can make it look all racy, but if they are gonna slap the same boring AWD sytem with ZF8 into M3/M4 and call it a day, nobody will be convinced there is any hint of Motorsport.
      10-23-2019, 09:37 AM   #300
m630
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X4M Comp / ‘22 X3 / f136

Garage List
‘22 X4MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
That car is so sexy!
...oh wait, what??? Your eyes do work !!!!

Hence the issue with bmw designers, there is not a single offering that anyone would call sexy/beautiful/lustful or any other superlative, and thats why its all Stuttgart for sports performance cars for me.

BMW is now relegated to utility vehicles in my stable where function will trump( ) form as the deciding factor. No more Ms, its Pssssss for me
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 11:27 AM   #301
OhMyXM
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3MC

That diffuser is horrendous! And the black rubber molding makes it look like bumper cars at a carnival. I'd run out and get a used one coming off a short-term lease. Personally like the out-going 3 design better than the new. I saw a fully loaded on at my dealer with low miles, flawless interior for like 50k - after negotiations, in 40's. A new M340 in the showroom was 70k! Almost as much as my X3M! And don't even get me started on the new grill! Did they hire Chris Bangle back???🤨😂
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 12:44 PM   #302
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m630 View Post
Quote:
That car is so sexy!
...oh wait, what??? Your eyes do work !!!!

Hence the issue with bmw designers, there is not a single offering that anyone would call sexy/beautiful/lustful or any other superlative, and thats why its all Stuttgart for sports performance cars for me.

BMW is now relegated to utility vehicles in my stable where function will trump( ) form as the deciding factor. No more Ms, its Pssssss for me
They've been working! I never said the new ///M was sexy. I DID say I appreciated its bold, brash design though, and that it was growing on me.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 01:10 PM   #303
04cobra
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 - 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92ben View Post
Oh they complained. And complained the e9x series. Don't know how long you e been on the forums. These freak out sessions are a norm for all new m cars lol.
They sure did. I went back to the f80 posts from 2013 and on the first and second page there are complaints. Here is one I grabbed

"I'm definitely going to consider a Porsche or Audi for my next car. That power output seems pretty weak, and I just hate how ugly the designers have made the front end of these things. The hood line and headlights are just awful... It's sad to see the company's better days behind it when Audi and Mercedes are pumping out more interesting cars to compete with"
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24809.50
mkoesel7505.50
      10-23-2019, 01:54 PM   #304
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04cobra View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by e92ben View Post
Oh they complained. And complained the e9x series. Don't know how long you e been on the forums. These freak out sessions are a norm for all new m cars lol.
They sure did. I went back to the f80 posts from 2013 and on the first and second page there are complaints. Here is one I grabbed

"I'm definitely going to consider a Porsche or Audi for my next car. That power output seems pretty weak, and I just hate how ugly the designers have made the front end of these things. The hood line and headlights are just awful... It's sad to see the company's better days behind it when Audi and Mercedes are pumping out more interesting cars to compete with"
Yep, it's cyclical.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 02:05 PM   #305
thermalc
Private
Rep
Drives: m4

Ya but you have to admit the amount of outrage was never this high.

I do believe it will eventually settle down and the G80 will be fine but this is definitely not typical.
Appreciate 1
chenry2346.00
      10-23-2019, 02:10 PM   #306
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermalc View Post
You're wrong. When it was revealed by BMW officials that the future of M was turbocharging, it nearly broke the internet. More than once, as I recall.
Appreciate 2
      10-23-2019, 02:18 PM   #307
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thermalc View Post
You're wrong. When it was revealed by BMW officials that the future of M was turbocharging, it nearly broke the internet. More than once, as I recall.
People have extremely short memories. Another time BMW broke the internet was when the company began offering ///M SAV's after swearing that they never would, and that it went against the ethos of BMW ///M. Those ///M SAV's have sold extremely well.
Appreciate 2
      10-23-2019, 05:13 PM   #308
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Quote:
People have extremely short memories. Another time BMW broke the internet was when the company began offering ///M SAV's after swearing that they never would, and that it went against the ethos of BMW ///M. Those ///M SAV's have sold extremely well.
//M SAVs are a joke and there is no way in hell...
Appreciate 1