BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

09-22-2022, 09:03 PM   #89
KrustyTheClown
Rep
Drives: ///M

BMW should offer an Express Pass like Universal Studios does--$1,500 and your car goes to the front of the line at very stage of transport.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2022, 11:27 PM   #90
samsm550
Rep
Drives: BMWM550iXdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggwoll View Post
As samsm550 said I highly doubt they will and will most likely blame it on parts and labor shortages. It would be nice though.

I'm in the same boat as y'all, I placed my order in January for a MY 2022 when interest rates through BMWFS were at 1.9%, eventually got an allocation in July for a MY 2023 which as we all know has an MSRP bump of $3700 and interest rates had also increased to 3.99% but whatever at least things were starting to look up. I was finally scheduled for BW31 which ended up in QC for almost a week, then stuck at port for about a month and now on this ship cruising around Europe with no end in sight. Meanwhile the positive equity in my current vehicle (2019 Mercedes' CLS450) has rapidly decreased and may possibly turn negative once the car finally arrives. At least Porsche lets you lock in pricing when you place the order, not when you actually receive an allocation. This whole process has me salty af
Sadly BMW Stores do not have control over the price increase, they ran out of the 22 spots so everyone had to change their orders to 23 which is unfortunate because it increased the prices so blame BMW directly and not your stores. For your rate lock I would try to argue with the rate you originally locked into due to the time it took. They will call BMW financial services and they would be the ones to approve it, recently they have been doing that due to the car shortages and all the delays. For the whole boat situation I will reach out on Monday and talk to the BMW NA rep to find out whats going on with that situation. It still shows 10/15 to Oxnard so like i said give or take a week!
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2022, 11:48 PM   #91
RDG80M3X
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 G80X

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsm550 View Post
Quote:
As samsm550 said I highly doubt they will and will most likely blame it on parts and labor shortages. It would be nice though.

I'm in the same boat as y'all, I placed my order in January for a MY 2022 when interest rates through BMWFS were at 1.9%, eventually got an allocation in July for a MY 2023 which as we all know has an MSRP bump of $3700 and interest rates had also increased to 3.99% but whatever at least things were starting to look up. I was finally scheduled for BW31 which ended up in QC for almost a week, then stuck at port for about a month and now on this ship cruising around Europe with no end in sight. Meanwhile the positive equity in my current vehicle (2019 Mercedes' CLS450) has rapidly decreased and may possibly turn negative once the car finally arrives. At least Porsche lets you lock in pricing when you place the order, not when you actually receive an allocation. This whole process has me salty af
Sadly BMW Stores do not have control over the price increase, they ran out of the 22 spots so everyone had to change their orders to 23 which is unfortunate because it increased the prices so blame BMW directly and not your stores. For your rate lock I would try to argue with the rate you originally locked into due to the time it took. They will call BMW financial services and they would be the ones to approve it, recently they have been doing that due to the car shortages and all the delays. For the whole boat situation I will reach out on Monday and talk to the BMW NA rep to find out whats going on with that situation. It still shows 10/15 to Oxnard so like i said give or take a week!
My dealer and CA has been more than great throughout this whole process. I understand that they're not in control of pricing the product or market conditions. Sadly I didn't lock in rates when they were at 1.99% as I didn't have an allocation at the time; I locked in at 3.99% when I actually received my allocation. My issue isn't with the dealership but more with BMW's corporate policy on "price protection." I used Porsche as an example because they will "lock" in a price when you your order is placed, regardless if you receive an allocation or not. Personally there's nothing else like the g80 m3 in its class (that interests me) which is why I'm sticking with this purchase lol

Please do let us know what you find on Monday!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2022, 12:30 AM   #92
maverick618
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 6MT

Yea I am intending to argue for the rate lock to be honored for when I signed back in January. It sounds like BMW has been approving those exceptions bc of the all the crazy circumstances of this year. The rate lock feels like a policy from a pre-covid era when you could realistically expect a car to arrive in that amount of time.

I've been really patient, and my CA has been awesome and almost as excited for the car as I am. He texted me today letting me know his system is still showing my car at Bremerhaven, so idk what to believe again. I had been hoping the car would arrive before I needed to buy winter tires, but I will need to order those in the next couple weeks I think.

Last edited by maverick618; 09-23-2022 at 12:30 AM.. Reason: Grammar
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2022, 07:33 AM   #93
svgM3
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 M40i (sold), 23 M3 CompX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabimmer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by svgM3 View Post
Glovis Courage is also at the same dock in Barcelona that auto energy was on the tracker 🤞🏽
Nice catch, I definitely missed that detail! It appears this ship has actually brought BMWs to the west coast in the past too... I feel like it might be our ride.
https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1144881
I'm holding out hope that the system doesn't show any updates like it typically does because of the lack of normalcy in this situation
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2022, 10:55 AM   #94
svgM3
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

I just tried to get status on my VIN from auto energy on UECC website. Doesn't seem to load anymore. Does this happen to anyone else?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2022, 11:02 AM   #95
DVG 335
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 23 M3 Comp XD & 22 X3 XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by svgM3 View Post
I just tried to get status on my VIN from auto energy on UECC website. Doesn't seem to load anymore. Does this happen to anyone else?
It loads up fine on mine. My latest entry is the "Vessel Discharged" from Barcelona back on the 19th.
Appreciate 1
svgM3635.50
      09-23-2022, 11:36 AM   #96
KrustyTheClown
Rep

Hopefully next week samsm550 can get us some actual answers from BMW, but until then, some thoughts:

1. I wonder if the congestion is so bad in Bremerhaven that cars are now being sent to Spain, in addition to Belgium, for warehousing. Seems like there are folks who were sent to Zeebrugge to endure an indefinite wait before being transported back to Bremerhaven to catch a ship to the US. Barcelona might be the new Zeebrugge.

2. At this point I really hope Glovis Courage didn't pick us up. The only way that ship made sense was if BMW had made special arrangements for it to do a trans-atlantic run. Take a look at a map--if we're on that ship and its going to Slovenia, then circle back through Gibraltar, then sail under Africa, then stop in Asia, then cross the Pacific, we won't see our cars until 2023.

3. I wish BMW understood the concept of "first in, first out." Its not acceptable that a cluster of people are randomly pulled to the side and put in limbo while people whose cars are built after that sail right through the transport process. BMW is lucky that Audi is a complete shit show right now and M-B doesn't have any real M competitors for sale at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2022, 12:38 PM   #97
Condor22
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440i

I had my CA reach out to his BMW NA rep and he was told that there are over 2400 cars on this ship and its coming directly to Oxnard and not to listen to the rumors but I find that hard to believe given we're watching it sail around Europe

Appreciate 0
      09-23-2022, 02:05 PM   #98
atlasboy-i4
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW i4

Angry

They appear to have only been destined for Barcelona giving their voyage numbers.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-23-2022, 02:44 PM   #99
bamabimmer
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 (soon... ish)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrustyTheClown View Post
2. At this point I really hope Glovis Courage didn't pick us up. The only way that ship made sense was if BMW had made special arrangements for it to do a trans-atlantic run. Take a look at a map--if we're on that ship and its going to Slovenia, then circle back through Gibraltar, then sail under Africa, then stop in Asia, then cross the Pacific, we won't see our cars until 2023.
I’m also hoping there’s some other boat out there for us that will make a more direct trip, but who knows. At least for Glovis Courage it should be faster than 2023 though... per vessel finder its trip to Barcelona started from Los Angeles and took 43 days. Assuming it returns that same direction it would pass through the Suez Canal after Slovenia and then onward to Asia and thru the Pacific. That would still suck, but 43-ish days puts us at about Nov 3rd for arrival in the states.
Appreciate 1
      09-23-2022, 04:31 PM   #100
atlasboy-i4
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW i4

I spoke to the sales manager today (BMW Store) and he called the Baltimore Port Manager. They are being told that there are about 450 cars destined for the Midwest, East and South that were put on our boat and this longer routing was the only way they could get them out in 2022. There are apparently no available spots until after the new year.

I pointed out that it looks like Auto Energy isn't coming to the States and that our cars were offloaded in Barcelona. They are going to look into this further and try to get back to me early next week. We all seem to have about the same information and the only ones who really know what is going on are the logistics managers in Germany. My dealer alone has 4 cars in this shipment.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2022, 04:59 PM   #101
jmrr3038
Rep
Drives: 2023 M440i Drive

The only way I see this happening is if they did a trans-shipment. If they did, all cars got loaded in Barcelona to a different vessels but the BOL and all information will stay the same in the system until the new vessel arrive at the final port. Then the rep gets the arrival notification with details of the actual vessel so it can be used to file the import manifest with customs. Maybe that's why when they look in the system is still showing Auto Energy. That is how it works with containers and I sure hope that is the case with us.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2022, 09:22 PM   #102
svgM3
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condor22 View Post
I had my CA reach out to his BMW NA rep and he was told that there are over 2400 cars on this ship and its coming directly to Oxnard and not to listen to the rumors but I find that hard to believe given we're watching it sail around Europe

It's interesting that there are two different voyage numbers. It sounds like the 450 cars on atl22062 are the east coast/ southern/midwest bound cars while the 22063 might be the west coast cars
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2022, 12:27 AM   #103
T3F
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3Cx

Found this schedule on the ship’s operator’s site, which confirms that AE will NOT be taking our cars to the U.S. Best case is now that they get off at Zeebrugge and get on ships to our respective U.S. ports ASAP.

What the hell was the point of all of this? Maybe the lots at Bremerhaven and Zeebrugge were full and putting them on this ship bought them time for more ships to come in and take cars away? This legitimately makes zero sense to me.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-26-2022, 01:44 AM   #104
RDG80M3X
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3F View Post
Found this schedule on the ship’s operator’s site, which confirms that AE will NOT be taking our cars to the U.S. Best case is now that they get off at Zeebrugge and get on ships to our respective U.S. ports ASAP.

What the hell was the point of all of this? Maybe the lots at Bremerhaven and Zeebrugge were full and putting them on this ship bought them time for more ships to come in and take cars away? This legitimately makes zero sense to me.
Agreed. Definitely safe to say that Auto Energy will not be heading to the US which was my theory all along. So either we are still on Auto Energy which will continue its cruise around Europe, eventually make its way back to Zeebrugge/Bremerhaven and drop us off in which we'll have to wait at port again or we can go back to the theory that we were all unloaded and discharged at Barcelona? But if so, which carrier/ship will pick us up and take us stateside?

For us West Coasters, there were 4-5 more NYK West Coast bound ships that were arriving within days and weeks from the time that we were loaded onto Auto Energy IE: Dorado Leader, Hestia Leader, Grand Cosmo, Grand Vega and Guardian Leader. Why couldn't they wait a few days more to load us on any of those ships? What's even more frustrating is that I was tracking Dorado Leader while it was moored at Bremerhaven hoping that I would be loaded on, I remember seeing Auto Energy literally right next to it at the docks at the same time. Why couldn't they load us on then?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2022, 08:11 AM   #105
svgM3
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3F View Post
Found this schedule on the ship's operator's site, which confirms that AE will NOT be taking our cars to the U.S. Best case is now that they get off at Zeebrugge and get on ships to our respective U.S. ports ASAP.

Agreed. Definitely safe to say that Auto Energy will not be heading to the US which was my theory all along. So either we are still on Auto Energy which will continue its cruise around Europe, eventually make its way back to Zeebrugge/Bremerhaven and drop us off in which we'll have to wait at port again or we can go back to the theory that we were all unloaded and discharged at Barcelona? But if so, which carrier/ship will pick us up and take us stateside?

For us West Coasters, there were 4-5 more NYK West Coast bound ships that were arriving within days and weeks from the time that we were loaded onto Auto Energy IE: Dorado Leader, Hestia Leader, Grand Cosmo, Grand Vega and Guardian Leader. Why couldn't they wait a few days more to load us on any of those ships? What's even more frustrating is that I was tracking Dorado Leader while it was moored at Bremerhaven hoping that I would be loaded on, I remember seeing Auto Energy literally right next to it at the docks at the same time. Why couldn't they load us on then?
That's the part that I find sort of odd. If this boat is legitimately heading back to Bremerhaven then all it did was delay us vs later build weeks (i.e. WK 36 getting on boats!) My CA spoke to a district rep who sort of confirmed the train theory. He seemed to say that this was the only way to get these cars over in 2022. Not sure why there is such little info. When I look up the voyage# (ATL22062) and (ATL22063) which is all of us on the UECC website, it shows it ending at Barcelona with a discharge status. I am not sure if the subsequent voyages include our cars. Just not sure how that all works. They are certainly not on either one of those anymore.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2022, 11:31 AM   #106
PNWM4CX
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M4CX

It sucked not getting on one of the boats coming straight to America, but it's even more frustrating that no one at BMW knows where our cars are or what the plan for them is.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2022, 11:56 AM   #107
CC M3C X
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWM4CX View Post
It sucked not getting on one of the boats coming straight to America, but it's even more frustrating that no one at BMW knows where our cars are or what the plan for them is.
It is indeed frustrating. Somebody knows what's going on. It's a matter of figuring out who that person is then trying to get them to disclose…

I see you are over in Spokane. I'm not too far away (Coeur d' Alene).
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2022, 12:45 PM   #108
KrustyTheClown
Rep

Quote:
This is indeed the part that is incredibly aggravating. From reading the build week threads in this forum, its apparent that people with build weeks after ours and who arrived at the port after we did are going to get to Hueneme before we do because they're not having trouble catching the usual ships from Bremerhaven to Hueneme--maybe thats because 2000 cars in front of them magically disappeared from the line complements of Auto Energy!

Doesn't thrill me to read about some dude who got to port a month after I did getting on a ship within 9 days while my car, after a month at Bremerhaven, was sent into some blackhole.

Auto Energy seemed to have a fair number of M cars as well as i4s on it. Thats an interesting mix of customers to piss off. In the case of M cars, these are BMWs core enthusiasts and likely their more well heeled customers, and in the case of i4s there are probably a ton of people who are new to the brand.
Appreciate 2
T3F45.50
RDG80M3X622.50
      09-26-2022, 02:29 PM   #109
PaymentNinja
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 23 - M440i

Quote:
This is indeed the part that is incredibly aggravating. From reading the build week threads in this forum, its apparent that people with build weeks after ours and who arrived at the port after we did are going to get to Hueneme before we do because they're not having trouble catching the usual ships from Bremerhaven to Hueneme--maybe thats because 2000 cars in front of them magically disappeared from the line complements of Auto Energy!

Doesn't thrill me to read about some dude who got to port a month after I did getting on a ship within 9 days while my car, after a month at Bremerhaven, was sent into some blackhole.

Auto Energy seemed to have a fair number of M cars as well as i4s on it. Thats an interesting mix of customers to piss off. In the case of M cars, these are BMWs core enthusiasts and likely their more well heeled customers, and in the case of i4s there are probably a ton of people who are new to the brand.
I have a M440i on board, Brunswick bound and arrived in Bremerhaven on August 9th. This entire thing makes zero sense, send vehicles to a port that has minimal vehicle carrier traffic.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2022, 03:05 PM   #110
RDG80M3X
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

x1000. We've been on this ship for over two weeks now, it's like being in another black hole after already waiting month at port. The lack of information definitely adds to the frustration. Hopefully samsm550 can provide more info to us this week.
Appreciate 0