BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

09-13-2022, 11:25 PM   #23
RDG80M3X
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 G80X

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsm550 View Post
I see this all the time it will eventually populate, the boats are typically within 7 days before or after the ETA Date. Everyone in Southern California should receive their cars about a week of the landing date at the latest as long as they process them quickly in Oxnard. They make sold cars priority because they want the units to move. Make sure you dealers all put your names and mark them as sold on the internal BMW server that way they will be first to be processed and released to a shipping company. One more month!
Glad to hear we have someone onboard with us that has access to the internal system. Hopefully we will get more info once the ship docks in Barcelona. Please keep us updated! I'm sure we all have our fingers crossed for 10/15 or sooner 😂
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 12:53 AM   #24
HawaiiX5
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5 X-Line

Thanks everyone for the details on this vessel. I am also on this vessel. However, the car is supposed to head to Honolulu after Oxnard. According the BMW Genius - it’s going to get offloaded but there’s no other record of it going to Honolulu. I asked my CA to follow-up. I have a feeling I will receive in November - maybe Thanksgiving?!?

Hope I’m completely wrong. But the way we are going around world - who knows.

Does anyone have information on how the cars get unloaded and routed to Hawai’i?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 05:59 AM   #25
rick504
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

I'm on this ship too. Jahre M3 headed to Charlotte dealer
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 07:04 AM   #26
svgM3
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 M40i (sold), 23 M3 CompX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uoflfan27 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggwoll View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nado View Post
Quote:
My car is on the same boat ETA 10/15 which my M550iX is on. the internal server on this boat shows It should be on schedule as of now it only shows a stop in Spain. After that it should be on track to Oxnard port and distributed from there. Down below is info on the boat it is on.
Voyage No.: ATL22063
Bill Of Lading No.: 500026604
Xref No.: 22348-01
Boat Name: AUTO ENERGY
Yep, boat is stopping in Barcelona. If it wasnt for that stop it would arrive a good 5 days earlier
The weirdest thing about this vessel is that there an eta of 10/15 at Port Hueneme within BMW's internal server. And yes, we are all getting this info fed to us from our CA's and Genius, but upon checking UECC's shipping schedule there is no mention of Port Hueneme at all. The upcoming stops within the schedule for Auto Energy are all within Europe (Vigo, Bremerhaven, etc). I took a screenshot of their shipping schedule for y'all to reference, keep in mind shipping schedules are planned weeks if not months in advance. If you check UECC's website they are a short sea (Europe Only) vehicle transporter as well. Here is a link to their routes:
https://uecc.com/media/1557/uecc-lin...k-11102021.pdf
:
Yeah as someone else said, I think we're going to get offloaded in Barcelona and loaded onto another ship. Hopefully two, one bound for east coast, and one for west.
As someone supposed to be bound for Brunswick, I actually hope that this is the case and that the system just doesn't reflect that. This is what shows on the system from my CA. Looks confusing showing an Oct.15th arrival at port hueneme and also at Brunswick. How is that possible?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 08:31 AM   #27
RDG80M3X
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by svgM3 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nado View Post
Quote:
My car is on the same boat ETA 10/15 which my M550iX is on. the internal server on this boat shows It should be on schedule as of now it only shows a stop in Spain. After that it should be on track to Oxnard port and distributed from there. Down below is info on the boat it is on.
Voyage No.: ATL22063
Bill Of Lading No.: 500026604
Xref No.: 22348-01
Boat Name: AUTO ENERGY
Yep, boat is stopping in Barcelona. If it wasnt for that stop it would arrive a good 5 days earlier
The weirdest thing about this vessel is that there an eta of 10/15 at Port Hueneme within BMW's internal server. And yes, we are all getting this info fed to us from our CA's and Genius, but upon checking UECC's shipping schedule there is no mention of Port Hueneme at all. The upcoming stops within the schedule for Auto Energy are all within Europe (Vigo, Bremerhaven, etc). I took a screenshot of their shipping schedule for y'all to reference, keep in mind shipping schedules are planned weeks if not months in advance. If you check UECC's website they are a short sea (Europe Only) vehicle transporter as well. Here is a link to their routes:
https://uecc.com/media/1557/uecc-lin...k-11102021.pdf
:
Yeah as someone else said, I think we're going to get offloaded in Barcelona and loaded onto another ship. Hopefully two, one bound for east coast, and one for west.
As someone supposed to be bound for Brunswick, I actually hope that this is the case and that the system just doesn't reflect that. This is what shows on the system from my CA. Looks confusing showing an Oct.15th arrival at port hueneme and also at Brunswick. How is that possible?
Maybe that is the case, but if so this is the first instance I've ever heard of BMW shipping cars out like this and frankly we haven't heard anything official from BMW yet. The cynic in me still finds this theory hard to believe so I cross checked all other RORO carriers that BMW potentially uses IE: WW, NYK, K line, EUKOR, UECC, Hoegh, etc and none of them have any routes scheduled from Barcelona to Port Hueneme either.

I was sent the same screenshot as yours except I was loaded on 9/10 and Brunswick VPC is replaced with Oxnard VPC (down the street from Port Hueneme). There is no way your car is going to make it from Port Hueneme to Brunswick VPC in one day lol.

Hopefully we all get more info in coming days as I'm sure we all want our cars sooner than later 😂
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 11:18 AM   #28
samsm550
Rep
Drives: BMWM550iXdrive

I checked this morning and It still only shows Oxnard for me maybe it depends where you are located in the united states. I have ordered many many cars for customers and the ETA's are accurate (within a few days) 19/20 times. Just be lucky they aren't on the trains right now with everything going on. I wouldn't look too much into the shipping schedules from the boat carriers. We will just have to wait and see what happens.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 02:40 PM   #29
RDG80M3X
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I checked this morning and It still only shows Oxnard for me maybe it depends where you are located in the united states. I have ordered many many cars for customers and the ETA's are accurate (within a few days) 19/20 times. Just be lucky they aren't on the trains right now with everything going on. I wouldn't look too much into the shipping schedules from the boat carriers. We will just have to wait and see what happens.
Keep us posted! Speaking of luck, my SO has a 23 X5 that's been in transit on rail since 8/22 with original ETA to San Bernadino on 9/6…. clearly that ETA is long past now and we haven't gotten any updates since. Genius and our CA have no news and I'm assuming it's because of the labor strike starting 9/16…. Some luck indeed
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 05:36 PM   #30
bamabimmer
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 (soon... ish)

Jumping in from another forum to add a data point... there are at least 4 of us with i4's on this same boat, all of which are east coast deliveries. I'll be following this thread with great interest. The genius line told me that my car would be put on a train from Port Hueneme to Brunswick, so the above comments about rail transit problems terrify me!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 06:03 PM   #31
svgM3
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabimmer View Post
Jumping in from another forum to add a data point... there are at least 4 of us with i4's on this same boat, all of which are east coast deliveries. I'll be following this thread with great interest. The genius line told me that my car would be put on a train from Port Hueneme to Brunswick, so the above comments about rail transit problems terrify me!
The train thing seriously would suck. The genius I talked to on the phone today said something about a vehicle on the way to the west coast by rail and being like 4-5 weeks. I really hope we aren't looking at 5 weeks at sea and then another 5 by train….
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 06:25 PM   #32
bamabimmer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by svgM3 View Post
The train thing seriously would suck. The genius I talked to on the phone today said something about a vehicle on the way to the west coast by rail and being like 4-5 weeks. I really hope we aren't looking at 5 weeks at sea and then another 5 by train….
Oof, that would be brutal. Even more sad, that's not even the end of the line... potentially tack on another week or more for transport to the dealership. I guess it may be a very BMW Christmas for some of us.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 08:30 PM   #33
samsm550
Rep

Quote:
Keep us posted! Speaking of luck, my SO has a 23 X5 that's been in transit on rail since 8/22 with original ETA to San Bernadino on 9/6…. clearly that ETA is long past now and we haven't gotten any updates since. Genius and our CA have no news and I'm assuming it's because of the labor strike starting 9/16…. Some luck indeed

yes they used to be a great processing center now its a HUGE mess. I hope you get that soon. I would ask your Client Advisor to tell the inventory manager to reach out to their BMW NA rep and have them prioritize the car because it is sold. I just did that with an X6M and got it within a week after we spoke to them.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 08:31 PM   #34
samsm550
Rep

Quote:
If they have to stop in San Bernardino then it will be an issue because that's where I hear the issue is, if it goes straight to Kansas then to you I believe you should be okay.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 09:03 PM   #35
bamabimmer
Rep

Quote:
If they have to stop in San Bernardino then it will be an issue because that's where I hear the issue is, if it goes straight to Kansas then to you I believe you should be okay.
Ah, thanks for the info! I guess I’ll just have to hope for the best. You happen to know if the train would be “trackable” somehow? I’m assuming we’d be able to at least get the name of the carrier and maybe the route when it comes time?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 09:54 PM   #36
samsm550
Rep

Quote:
Ah, thanks for the info! I guess I’ll just have to hope for the best. You happen to know if the train would be “trackable” somehow? I’m assuming we’d be able to at least get the name of the carrier and maybe the route when it comes time?
Yes there will be a train name like the boats have. I just haven't looked into website to track the trains, but I bet there is one out there.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2022, 05:38 PM   #37
AWD_Maniac
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i xDrive 6mt

I have another Jahre M3 in this ship headed to San Francisco Bay Area, CA.

I wonder how many of these they put on this boat.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2022, 05:02 PM   #38
HawaiiX5
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5 X-Line

Thanks for all the updates. Do we think it will be at PH by October 15?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2022, 06:04 PM   #39
svgM3
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Looks like we are almost at Barcelona. Hopefully the next move will be something on its way to North America. We'll see after tomorrow!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2022, 06:07 PM   #40
ZVier
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Z4 SDrive 30i

My Z4 is on the same vessel and I also got ETA San Diego on 10/15 and same day at the Performance Center in SC
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2022, 09:55 PM   #41
RDG80M3X
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

yes they used to be a great processing center now its a HUGE mess. I hope you get that soon. I would ask your Client Advisor to tell the inventory manager to reach out to their BMW NA rep and have them prioritize the car because it is sold. I just did that with an X6M and got it within a week after we spoke to them.
Yeah my CA was able to put a rush on it, internal ETA to San Bernadino is on Tuesday 9/20 so he says we should be on track to take delivery next Saturday!

Update for the rest of us on board, Auto Energy has reached Barcelona and is currently moored.

https://www.myshiptracking.com/vesse...255805908-imo-
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2022, 05:07 PM   #42
Uoflfan27
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 335xi

Next stop now showing Vigo so it's following the PDF schedule. Really hoping we got unloaded in Barcelona.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2022, 06:24 PM   #43
DVG 335
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 23 M3 Comp XD & 22 X3 XD

Quote:
Next stop now showing Vigo so it's following the PDF schedule. Really hoping we got unloaded in Barcelona.
I hope we don't get offloaded in Vigo. There is a WW boat departing Vigo on the 24th going to Port Hueneme. The only issue is that it will take 42 days to get there because it stops in Bremerhaven and Zeebrugge first.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2022, 07:23 PM   #44
RDG80M3X
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVG 335 View Post
Quote:
I hope we don't get offloaded in Vigo. There is a WW boat departing Vigo on the 24th going to Port Hueneme. The only issue is that it will take 42 days to get there because it stops in Bremerhaven and Zeebrugge first.
I saw WW's schedule as well. No status change on my garage so we're definitely still on board headed to Vigo. Interesting that the current ETA is 9/22 so it is much earlier than originally scheduled by UECC. Hopefully NYK updates their schedule for week 37 (they haven't yet) and sends a ship to Vigo, otherwise we are screwed if we get offloaded there and transferred to a WW ship. At that point I'd rather we go back to Bremerhaven, get dropped off there and hitch a ride on a west coast bound ship. We're all in this ride together so buckle up boyos, we'll see how things play out in the next few days :
Appreciate 0