BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

04-12-2024, 12:15 AM   #1
saudisinaudis
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive GC

What kind of touchup can make this paint scrape unnoticed?

Mazda driver claimed he miscalculated his vehicle’s reach in the tight entrance of a gas station, trying to pass by me.
Needless to say, I am pissed. The car hasn’t been out of the dealership past a month yet, and I’ve an appointment just this week for full stealth PPF.

What kind of work could I expect done to this kind of scratch? I won’t ask prices because paint work here in Saudi is different than in the U.S., but that depends on if they’ll need to repaint a wide radius around the scratched part, do the entire rear bumper to prevent mismatch in color, or if there are alternative solutions like pens(?)that could limit work to the damaged section only, while providing uniformity to the color and not making the penned up section obvious to the owner’s eye or any enthusiast’s.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-12-2024, 12:22 AM   #2
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
There is no paint pen in the world thats going to be able to touch that up, especially for what youre asking, like for it to be unnoticeable. With it being on the corner edge, like that, its not going to be very noticable if they repaint it. The color is dark, so, that will take care of most of the paint not matching. If it was a lighter color, it would be more noticeable. This is going to need to be sanded, and painted correctly. The problem is, if you have to sand too deep, and you sand down that edge, its not going to match the other side, and you may just end up getting the entire bumper replaced. I think that someone that really knows what theyre doing, can make this go away.

Appreciate 0
      04-12-2024, 09:53 AM   #3
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

Did you get the Mazda driver’s insurance? 100% he/she should be paying for this repair.
      04-12-2024, 09:55 AM   #4
saudisinaudis
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANdaddy View Post
Did you get the Mazda driver’s insurance? 100% he/she should be paying for this repair.
Yes, I’m concerned about its returnability to near perfect condition, not the money. He is fully liable.
Appreciate 0