BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

08-25-2021, 05:05 PM   #67
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wooblewobble View Post
I see people posting about Brooklyn Grey being played out or overused, but maybe it's the case in other parts of the country. I've gotten asked multiple times if it's a "custom color." I do think Dravit Grey looks amazing and like nothing else I've seen, especially in the sun, but Brooklyn Grey won for me by a thin margin. I wanted the Fiona Red interior and think that it (and red calipers) looks better with that than Dravit Grey would. I like Dravit Grey better with Kyalami Orange.

Well that's my spec.

BG, gloss black wheels, fiona red interior, moonroof, red calipers. That's it lol.

Idk why people don't like red calipers. Especially if you have dark colored wheels. If anyone takes rolling shots of your car you will know why red calipers are awesome lol.

I'll post pics when i get mine.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2021, 07:47 PM   #68
nearwater4me
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 G82 Base

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrelljs View Post
That was my logic, although since I got the G83 with the top down I'm worried the clash may be significant.

Darrell
Ah, okay. In that case I would probably go with the blue calipers.
Appreciate 1
darrelljs143.50
      08-25-2021, 09:35 PM   #69
wooblewobble
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Well that's my spec.

BG, gloss black wheels, fiona red interior, moonroof, red calipers. That's it lol.

Idk why people don't like red calipers. Especially if you have dark colored wheels. If anyone takes rolling shots of your car you will know why red calipers are awesome lol.

I'll post pics when i get mine.
Nice. Identical to mine except no moonroof and 6MT (I assume you also did the no-cost extended shadowline trim (black spoiler, and mirrors)). My favorite part about it is that the seats and the calipers match. Stupid, I know, but it just feels like a "custom" touch even though everything is bone stock. Attached some photos from indoors and in bright direct sunlight from the day I took delivery (excuse the cameo from my friend's kid).

I see you're in NJ--I actually bought mine from NJ back in May because I couldn't find one in that spec here and didn't want to wait to order one.
Attached Images

Last edited by wooblewobble; 08-26-2021 at 08:43 PM..
Appreciate 4
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
VonB1119.00
mattburks750.50
      08-26-2021, 01:20 AM   #70
speedmaster20d
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 G80 comp BG. 2018 F80(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbethesda View Post
A little off topic, but is your tow hook cover missing in this pic? I saw in another thread that someone's car was missing the cover.
no it was installed before I drove the car off the lot. the hook covers are off during shipping I believe
      08-26-2021, 04:16 AM   #71
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Nice. Identical to mine except no moonroof and 6MT (I assume you also did the no-cost extended shadowline trim (black spoiler, and mirrors)). My favorite part about it is that the seats and the calipers match. Stupid, I know, but it just feels like a "custom" touch even though everything is bone stock. Attached some photos from indoors and in bright direct sunlight from the day I took delivery (excluse the cameo from my friend's kid).

I see you're in NJ--I actually bought mine from NJ back in May because I couldn't find one in that spec here and didn't want to wait to order one.
Wait, doesn't the spoiler and mirrors come black already?

That's what it shows on the MYBMW site for me. The mirrors and spoiler look black on my build. At least i hope it's black lol

Christ, now i have to check with my salesman again??? ahhhhhhhhh

EDIT: Wait you're talking about this no cost option?

Extended Shadowline Trim Deletion
$0
This option removes the Extended Shadowline exterior trim elements including the black mirror caps, black rear spoiler, and black exhaust tips.

If so, then i did NOT choose that option because i didn't want a delete. I want those bits stated to be black.

Your car looks amazing man. There's actually a 22 m3 non comp by my house right now. BG with the black wheels, red interior. Very similar to what i chose except there's some extra packages. The only issue is that it's a manual and i don't want this car in a manual (or any future cars in a manual anymore lol) so that's why i didn't want to jump on that, and not having to wait for my current order.

Last edited by BGM-M3COMP; 08-26-2021 at 04:24 AM..
Appreciate 1
      08-26-2021, 08:00 AM   #72
MTM3
mt4life
Rep
Drives: G80 6MT

I was all set on BG until I started looking around and saw everyone making it. The final nail was Kia minivan in BG. I changed my order to IOMG.
BG is not just any color, it's unique and trying to be cool. Well, it's not cool when half of Tacomas and Kias are that color.
      08-26-2021, 08:42 AM   #73
KnightedBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3C

Quote:
Nice. Identical to mine except no moonroof and 6MT (I assume you also did the no-cost extended shadowline trim (black spoiler, and mirrors)). My favorite part about it is that the seats and the calipers match. Stupid, I know, but it just feels like a "custom" touch even though everything is bone stock. Attached some photos from indoors and in bright direct sunlight from the day I took delivery (excluse the cameo from my friend's kid).

Solidifies I made the right choice. Man, this spec is beautiful!
      08-26-2021, 08:44 AM   #74
KnightedBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTM3 View Post
I was all set on BG until I started looking around and saw everyone making it. The final nail was Kia minivan in BG. I changed my order to IOMG.
BG is not just any color, it's unique and trying to be cool. Well, it's not cool when half of Tacomas and Kias are that color.
It has become quite a popular choice. Saw a Kia Telluride this morning in Kia's version of BG. It looked great lol; I just wish it wasn't on every other make and model.
MTM3641.00
      08-26-2021, 09:28 AM   #75
Multimodal
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i, 2018 911 T

Quote:
They are black by default on the Competition/automatic model and body color by default on the Base/manual model.
Appreciate 2
MTM3641.00
      08-26-2021, 10:00 AM   #76
wooblewobble
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maboomba View Post
They are black by default on the Competition/automatic model and body color by default on the Base/manual model.
Quote:

That's what it shows on the MYBMW site for me. The mirrors and spoiler look black on my build. At least i hope it's black lol

Christ, now i have to check with my salesman again??? ahhhhhhhhh

EDIT: Wait you're talking about this no cost option?

Extended Shadowline Trim Deletion
$0
This option removes the Extended Shadowline exterior trim elements including the black mirror caps, black rear spoiler, and black exhaust tips.

If so, then i did NOT choose that option because i didn't want a delete. I want those bits stated to be black.

Your car looks amazing man. There's actually a 22 m3 non comp by my house right now. BG with the black wheels, red interior. Very similar to what i chose except there's some extra packages. The only issue is that it's a manual and i don't want this car in a manual (or any future cars in a manual anymore lol) so that's why i didn't want to jump on that, and not having to wait for my current order.
Ah yes, sorry to cause alarm--what the poster above said is right: on Competition models, the extended shadowline trim is "standard" and the no-cost option is to remove it, but on base models, the no-cost option is to add it.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2021, 11:10 AM   #77
F1zbo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 G80 xDrive

I am in the exakt same situation.
I have a build kind of ready and all that is left is colour options.

So far I have seen the new M3 in Isle of Man Green, Skyscraper, Black and Dravit live and to me the different impression the car gives in the different colours are substantial and the car can be specced to have very different appearances.

Anyway.
First I was set on Skyscraper and then leaned towards Brooklyn but at this point Brooklyn and Dravit are the main contenders.

I have not seen the M3 in Brooklyn live but a nearby dealer has a new Xdrive Comp in Dravit that I went to see a few days ago.

All I can say is Wow!
Dravit really suits the car and makes it look really mean and aggressive.
The car also had the exterior and interior carbon package with black full leather.

Even if it is a pretty dark colour in lower light situations it still provides a clear contrast to the black and carbon elements of the exterior and at the same time it does not hide the lines of the car lika black tends to do.

Now I just need to find a BG to go and see live but unfortunately none to be find ATM at any dealers in my area.

So Dravit has the upper hand at the moment but seeing Brooklyn IRL might turn it around completely as pics simply are not good enough to base a decision on.

Not sure if this helped anyone but my main take away is to try and actually go see the car in the colour you want if possible.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2021, 12:08 PM   #78
MTM3
mt4life
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightedBMW View Post
It has become quite a popular choice. Saw a Kia Telluride this morning in Kia's version of BG. It looked great lol; I just wish it wasn't on every other make and model.
Exactly
      08-26-2021, 12:50 PM   #79
nearwater4me
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I read several of your previous posts, and you and I have very similar taste.
- Non-shadowline laser lights
- I was 99% set on BG (still my current order), but then I'm torn between IOMG and BG at the very last minute

Aren't you worried you'll get tired of the look-at-me-green?
I mean, it's a gorgeous color that I chose initially, but owning such a color for 3+ years may be a different story.
It won't be my daily but the common grey vs. unique green decision is killing me lately.
I just wish my BG order goes into production so I can't change it no more.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2021, 12:55 PM   #80
nearwater4me
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightedBMW View Post

Quote:
Exactly
Tell me about it.
I see more and more of these BG looking colors everywhere.
There's a guy who works in our company compound that drives this that I get to see everyday.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-26-2021, 01:21 PM   #81
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

BG would be my pick if i place an order now. I feel the lighter shade would compliment black exterior accents. Yeah its becoming a common color considering the other manufacturers but people are paying $4500 to get voodoo blue which is seen in toyotas, so i wouldnt sweat about the choice.

BG / IOMG are my tops pics in the current pallet. Having seen several G8x in the same place, BG is more classy and IOMG is more vibrant. I wish BMW offers a lighter blue in the coming years.

Name:  G80.JPG
Views: 1042
Size:  159.3 KB
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2021, 05:54 PM   #82
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Just because other car makers have their own version of BG, how often will you be on the road with those models, in those same colors?

If you want a color that probably no one has in your city or even state, get a custom paint job in pink. Then you'll know no one has it.

My corvette is white, a color that's insanely common. There's about 12 white cars on my block alone. Yet whenever i take the car out, i can't even go 3 blocks without having at least 5 people break their neck.

The car is the attention grabber, not only the color. An SUV in a BG type of color will probably not get any looks. A BG M3 will.

And to those who might say, well i'm not choosing the color to appease others, i'm getting it for me. Well then get the color you like, not because you think it's common in your area or in general.

BG is probably one of the best colors you can get for an M3/M4. Especially if you have the black accents.

I do agree if you do the shadowline delete, other colors might suit the car better.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2021, 08:07 PM   #83
MTM3
mt4life
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearwater4me View Post
I read several of your previous posts, and you and I have very similar taste.
- Non-shadowline laser lights
- I was 99% set on BG (still my current order), but then I'm torn between IOMG and BG at the very last minute

Aren't you worried you'll get tired of the look-at-me-green?
I mean, it's a gorgeous color that I chose initially, but owning such a color for 3+ years may be a different story.
It won't be my daily but the common grey vs. unique green decision is killing me lately.
I just wish my BG order goes into production so I can't change it no more.
I hear you. I still have a little time to change my mind on the color but I know it won’t be BG. If anything Skyscraper Grey is a really nice color. Although IOMG besides being the launch color is a nice change of pace. I remember cars in the 90s in all kinds of shades of green and I loved a lot of them.
I’m definitely done with cement Grey, Brooklyn Grey though.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2021, 12:30 AM   #84
Forzanerazzurri
Banned
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe/G80 M3CX

Garage List
Why do so many of you care so much about impressing strangers with your paint color? It's kind of odd.
Appreciate 1
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
      08-27-2021, 04:23 AM   #85
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forzanerazzurri View Post
Why do so many of you care so much about impressing strangers with your paint color? It's kind of odd.
lol pretty much.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2021, 06:11 AM   #86
MTM3
mt4life
Rep

Quote:
Who said impressing others? I thought we were discussing personal preferences
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2021, 06:14 AM   #87
KnightedBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Who said impressing others? I thought we were discussing personal preferences
Agreed. This guy’s responses on multiple posts are ridiculous.
Appreciate 1
Gfit2714.50
      08-27-2021, 06:18 AM   #88
nearwater4me
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Vanity?
Seriously though, I don't care about what others think about my car's color.
Like you, I choose the color that I like.
But when you pick a color that appealed to you because it was unique and rare but then see it EVERYWHERE, it's not appealing anymore.

If you ever wore uniforms when you were in school, you'll understand.
It makes you look like everyone else.
I don't wanna look like everybody else.
Appreciate 2
Gfit2714.50