BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

09-10-2021, 12:42 PM   #23
DonJuan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G82 M4, F15 X5, F30 328d, E30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
0 Order deleted by BMW NA
17 Order not Specified
37 Order is at BMW NAt
Great info, thanks. So mine shows now scheduled for production, but how do I know the week #?.
The website does not show the codes, just the status names.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2021, 01:30 PM   #24
Cybertronic
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G30 M550i, E30 M3

Ok, I think this could work. Was able to get this to show up on my M550i, but cant actually start a session. (Pretty sure its missing a lot of HW that makes this work)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/iMv1C9TTwQJLrHX47
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2021, 04:20 PM   #25
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
Great info, thanks. So mine shows now scheduled for production, but how do I know the week #?.
The website does not show the codes, just the status names.
Your CA or call Genius, they can tell you. I was told what mine, while I was sitting down, ordering the car, which ended up being off by 3 weeks. I was told week 31 by the dealer and Im week 34.

Appreciate 1
DonJuan537.50
      09-10-2021, 07:04 PM   #26
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybertronic View Post
Its always a good idea to code the whole car when you change the VO, but I'm pretty sure this is all in HU.
I'm gonna fiddle around with this tonight or tomorrow. Stay tuned...
I think you probably need to code the DSC ecu too
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2021, 05:06 PM   #27
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybertronic View Post
Its always a good idea to code the whole car when you change the VO, but I'm pretty sure this is all in HU.
I'm gonna fiddle around with this tonight or tomorrow. Stay tuned...
were you able to figure out which ECUs to code ?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2021, 08:41 PM   #28
moproblems
Beware of cheap bait!
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4 Isle of Man Green

Still interested as well. If it's as easy as VO coding it... Why not?

So I did some digging with just straight Bimmercode, and managed to get both track mode and the drift analyzer/10 stage dsc to pop up. However, I could not seem to get them functional. However, I'm sure there is much more to it.

Last edited by moproblems; 09-15-2021 at 11:32 PM..
Appreciate 1
DO4441408.50
      09-16-2021, 10:48 PM   #29
moproblems
Beware of cheap bait!
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4 Isle of Man Green

So quick update. Almaretto spent about an hour attempting to get it operational but it seems there is additional coding outside of just what is switched in the VO. The menus are added but they are nonfunctional. I gave him the vin of a car with the option, he's going to do some sleuthing to try to see if it's just missing coding or if it's a software/activation code/hardware issue.
Appreciate 2
      09-16-2021, 11:01 PM   #30
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by moproblems View Post
So quick update. Almaretto spent about an hour attempting to get it operational but it seems there is additional coding outside of just what is switched in the VO. The menus are added but they are nonfunctional. I gave him the vin of a car with the option, he's going to do some sleuthing to try to see if it's just missing coding or if it's a software/activation code/hardware issue.

They probably learnt their lesson from Enhanced Bluetooth
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 07:57 AM   #31
Kminor2578
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 Comp

Has anyone made progress on this? Hoping to code this in and be function. Anyone have directions on what parameter values to change and what to change them too?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2023, 04:29 PM   #32
ember.m4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Competition xDrive

Checking back in half a year later to see if anyone figured this out.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2023, 01:33 PM   #33
DO444
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by moproblems View Post
Still interested as well. If it's as easy as VO coding it... Why not?

So I did some digging with just straight Bimmercode, and managed to get both track mode and the drift analyzer/10 stage dsc to pop up. However, I could not seem to get them functional. However, I'm sure there is much more to it.
Well, you might have the software but not the hardware. They wouldn’t delete the software, just make it invisible to the user.

But if the hardware isn’t there, nothing to connect it to.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2023, 07:39 PM   #34
wavyyyy
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2C

Garage List
2023 bmw m3 6mt  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DO444 View Post
Well, you might have the software but not the hardware. They wouldn’t delete the software, just make it invisible to the user.

But if the hardware isn’t there, nothing to connect it to.
Doubt there’s a hardware difference but could be wrong.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2024, 02:16 PM   #35
ciscospirit
Enlisted Member
Austria
Rep
Drives: BMW M8 Competition (F93)

Hello,

can you share your coding settings?
I want to try this on a M8 too, if i can get it to work.
What was the dealbreaker?
Is their any FSC needed for the Drift analyzer?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2024, 02:45 PM   #36
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscospirit View Post
Hello,

can you share your coding settings?
I want to try this on a M8 too, if i can get it to work.
What was the dealbreaker?
Is their any FSC needed for the Drift analyzer?
Can't be coded.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2024, 04:20 PM   #37
harperium
Major
Rep
Drives: G80 M3cx

I would assume this feature requires hardware too right? Some special controller for the rear axle. As others have said, if you have AWD, this is the only way to get traction control in 2WD mode.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2024, 04:20 PM   #38
ciscospirit
Enlisted Member
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
Can't be coded.
This was also told for Nightvision retrofit…
Now i have done it sucessfully.

So also for this will be somehow somewhere a way to solve it
It just have to be investigated deeply enough for it.

What was the dealbreaker last time someone tries it?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2024, 04:24 PM   #39
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscospirit View Post
This was also told for Nightvision retrofit…
Now i have done it sucessfully.

So also for this will be somehow somewhere a way to solve it
It just have to be investigated deeply enough for it.

What was the dealbreaker last time someone tries it?
It's been discussed and discussed many times over the years. No one has done it. The closest people have gotten is having it show up in iDrive, but it does nothing. It, at least, requires specialized ECU programming and no one has disproven that there are any hardware differences either.

You'd be the first, by far. I doubt it also works on other platforms even if it could be coded. This is affecting the actual drivetrain of the car and not just something on a screen.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2024, 04:25 PM   #40
ciscospirit
Enlisted Member
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by harperium View Post
I would assume this feature requires hardware too right? Some special controller for the rear axle. As others have said, if you have AWD, this is the only way to get traction control in 2WD mode.
as far as i have read, it has something so to with the M Track Module and the M Laptimer App 4.0.

So basically in real M cars with ID7 most of the equipment should be already there. But not sure. Cant find some deeper information about it.

Someone with a M3/M4 with enabled M Drive Professional would help alot to figure out if there is also a FSC required and witch ECUs are effected by coding.

Read here:
https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2620668&d=1622934458
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2024, 12:25 PM   #41
M4ROLLIN20
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M4 COMPETITION

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jailonacs99 View Post
There's a post somewhere on here where someone said BMW NA told him it could not be added after the fact.

I doubt it could be coded in because there's a menu interface and it affects the traction control directly. Would be pretty complicated for a coder.

Unless someone finds out it's already baked in and what BMW is doing is locking people out who haven't paid for it. There's been talk that BMW may go to that "subscription" style format in the future.
I really think that makes a lot of sense. They’ll put in a subscription type of thing on the app and CHARGE.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2024, 03:08 PM   #42
SwankPeRFection
Captain
Rep
Drives: S4

In my opinion, the absolute wildest different controlling this is simply a low level firmware difference on the stability and traction control module. Everything else is coding enabled (screens and options). Firmware on the controllers is a better way to control this and would also point to why it can’t be added after the fact. I bet if you find a wrecked M3/4 that has that option and grab the module out and swap it into one that doesn’t and then code the options to show up, I’d bet a fairly good amount of money that it would work. Someone just needs to try it, but this is the logical and cost affective way for BMW to do this. Why do additional controllers or even a different wiring wiring layout when this is a $900 option. That’s too little money for all that engineering and assembly line work. At most it’s individual modules already firmware flashed for the different option so it’s an easy grab and install, but if they control all the software anyway, it’s all hook up and program away for what options the customer ordered and move on. This isn’t a diff hardware difference like Audi’s rear sport diff for example. It’s the same shit the car already has in it, but with a fine tuned dial on it for the enthusiast that wants more granular control. You already have the slip and yaw control and sensors in place… this is purely a different way to use the same hardware in a different behavior setup. It’s basically what BMW dials in for the static settings when they test drive the vehicles during development based on pro driver feedback and sensor readouts to get the most handling feel they’re looking for… then lock it all in and finalize it.
Appreciate 2
kgelfen3602215.50
BimmerFix1390.50
      03-16-2024, 11:03 PM   #43
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwankPeRFection View Post
In my opinion, the absolute wildest different controlling this is simply a low level firmware difference on the stability and traction control module. Everything else is coding enabled (screens and options). Firmware on the controllers is a better way to control this and would also point to why it can’t be added after the fact. I bet if you find a wrecked M3/4 that has that option and grab the module out and swap it into one that doesn’t and then code the options to show up, I’d bet a fairly good amount of money that it would work. Someone just needs to try it, but this is the logical and cost affective way for BMW to do this. Why do additional controllers or even a different wiring wiring layout when this is a $900 option. That’s too little money for all that engineering and assembly line work. At most it’s individual modules already firmware flashed for the different option so it’s an easy grab and install, but if they control all the software anyway, it’s all hook up and program away for what options the customer ordered and move on. This isn’t a diff hardware difference like Audi’s rear sport diff for example. It’s the same shit the car already has in it, but with a fine tuned dial on it for the enthusiast that wants more granular control. You already have the slip and yaw control and sensors in place… this is purely a different way to use the same hardware in a different behavior setup. It’s basically what BMW dials in for the static settings when they test drive the vehicles during development based on pro driver feedback and sensor readouts to get the most handling feel they’re looking for… then lock it all in and finalize it.
I'd agree but front ventilated seats which require more hardware installed into the seat is 1/3 of the price at $350 (though increased to $500 for the LCI G82/3).

A simple controller + the effort it took to code the firmware and ECU interaction for about 3x that price makes total sense, theoretically.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2024, 12:05 AM   #44
TJR_///M3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3C 2021 X3M40i

DSC and TC are not the same thing…
DSC controls yaw, yaw rate and wheel spin
TC only controls wheel spin