BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

06-22-2022, 10:26 AM   #1
six-n-twins53
Amateur Tattoo Artist
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 zcp

Interior regrets, not my build. Now what?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I placed an order last July for my m3cx. I was the number 1 order. For various reasons, my build never came to fruition. I ended up jumping on another build that the guy backed out on. At first, I was very unsure. It had KO interior. I was scared. The second I saw it, I was enamored with KO. It was instantly one of my favorite features. Now the bad part...

It was ordered with extended leather. Full leather is a must have for me. The dash and doors are terrible to look at. What are my options? Can I get a replacement dash from BMW? I'm willing to pay significantly. Covered by aftermarket? Leather, alcantara, look bad? I have no experience with this. Should I just shut my pie hole and be happy I got something?

Anyone have experience with this?

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2022, 11:24 AM   #2
KnightedBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3C

Order a new car.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2022, 11:30 AM   #3
Allerum
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 M3C X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by six-n-twins53 View Post
I placed an order last July for my m3cx. I was the number 1 order. For various reasons, my build never came to fruition. I ended up jumping on another build that the guy backed out on. At first, I was very unsure. It had KO interior. I was scared. The second I saw it, I was enamored with KO. It was instantly one of my favorite features. Now the bad part...

It was ordered with extended leather. Full leather is a must have for me. The dash and doors are terrible to look at. What are my options? Can I get a replacement dash from BMW? I'm willing to pay significantly. Covered by aftermarket? Leather, alcantara, look bad? I have no experience with this. Should I just shut my pie hole and be happy I got something?

Anyone have experience with this?

Thank you

I mean there are plenty of shops that can color match the leather and do the door cards/dash or a combination. Won't be cheap but its definitely not impossible. You could also do suede or Alacantra
      06-22-2022, 12:24 PM   #4
aktif8
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 M4c vert

Garage List
It is indeed feasible to do a retrofit. There's a video on YouTube of someone doing this on an f8x.

However, this has typically been done with parts purchased secondhand, and diy labor.

Anything is possible with $, but I'd conservatively estimate you'd be into this project for about $15 - $20k if you source new and have someone install it for you
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2022, 01:07 PM   #5
six-n-twins53
Amateur Tattoo Artist
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by aktif8 View Post
It is indeed feasible to do a retrofit. There's a video on YouTube of someone doing this on an f8x.

However, this has typically been done with parts purchased secondhand, and diy labor.

Anything is possible with $, but I'd conservatively estimate you'd be into this project for about $15 - $20k if you source new and have someone install it for you
Damn...like to keep it under 10k
Appreciate 0