BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

06-24-2022, 03:43 PM   #1
Buddym850icoupe
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M850i coupe, C43amg sedan

Lemon question

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Not my m4c lol
I read thru the Georgia lemon law but I wasn't sure what else I can request
Obviously I am going to get my payments back for the amg plus insurance and other expenses which I think will amount to 70k or so. However my question is, can you request to be paid for work hours lost taking the car to service? I also have to fly from Los Angeles to Atlanta, lose a day of vacation, book a hotel and all that nonsense. I assume I should be reimbursed for that?
Then, in the current market, a similar car from another manufacturer would be 20-35k over msrp plus taxes and looking at MF that is triple my current one. Should that be factored in or am I allowed to request that?
It feels like bullshit to me that they would get away with just refunding my payments back...
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2022, 03:47 PM   #2
kfresh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F83 ZCP & G05 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddym850icoupe View Post
Not my m4c lol
I read thru the Georgia lemon law but I wasn't sure what else I can request
Obviously I am going to get my payments back for the amg plus insurance and other expenses which I think will amount to 70k or so. However my question is, can you request to be paid for work hours lost taking the car to service? I also have to fly from Los Angeles to Atlanta, lose a day of vacation, book a hotel and all that nonsense. I assume I should be reimbursed for that?
Then, in the current market, a similar car from another manufacturer would be 20-35k over msrp plus taxes and looking at MF that is triple my current one. Should that be factored in or am I allowed to request that?
It feels like bullshit to me that they would get away with just refunding my payments back...
Not sure about Georgia law but here in Cali when my f80 was lemoned I was refunded all my payments, including taxes and down payment (financed). There was no additional reimbursement for insurance/loss of work hours or any additional payments. I did however, receive 2 payments from BMWFS because my car was at the dealer for 4 months during the lemon process

2022 G05 X5 sDrive 40i Carbon Black ///M Sports Package
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2022, 03:51 PM   #3
Buddym850icoupe
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M850i coupe, C43amg sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfresh View Post
Not sure about Georgia law but here in Cali when my f80 was lemoned I was refunded all my payments, including taxes and down payment (financed). There was no additional reimbursement for insurance/loss of work hours or any additional payments. I did however, receive 2 payments from BMWFS because my car was at the dealer for 4 months during the lemon process
It doesn't seem fair that they get away so easy... without a doubt, I must have spend close to 50 hrs driving back and forth to drop it off, show them the defects etc...
Appreciate 0