BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

04-08-2022, 03:31 PM   #89
NightWriter
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Pure

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5DZL View Post
Couldn't resist and called Genius again just now and I have been moved to Week 20, May 9th per genius
I swear every customer rep at Genius must be looking at a different calendar.
      04-08-2022, 03:46 PM   #90
sJohnny
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition XDrive SPY

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMrT View Post
Quote:
Couldn't resist and called Genius again just now and I have been moved to Week 20, May 9th per genius
I'm still stuck in 105 as of now waiting for a call back from my CA... This really does ruin the experience, was looking forward to buying my first BMW but now I just dread checking. I understand with everything going on long delays, but getting randomly kicked around weeks at a time is miserable.
I'm in the same boat, still in 105 as of now. I'm completely understanding of the delays, what frustrates me is the lack of transparency. I can and am willing to wait as long as necessary, as long as I feel like I'm in the loop. Something along the lines of; 'Hey, your build week has been pushed back to week XX because we don't have wire harnesses. We think we can build your order on week XX because we should have a shipment of wire harnesses coming the week prior'., etc

I suppose I understand too why a business might not want to share that info, but as a high maintenance enthusiast customer, I'd like to know!
      04-08-2022, 05:24 PM   #91
sJohnny
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition XDrive SPY

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMHM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sJohnny View Post
I'm in the same boat, still in 105 as of now. I'm completely understanding of the delays, what frustrates me is the lack of transparency. I can and am willing to wait as long as necessary, as long as I feel like I'm in the loop. Something along the lines of; 'Hey, your build week has been pushed back to week XX because we don't have wire harnesses. We think we can build your order on week XX because we should have a shipment of wire harnesses coming the week prior'., etc

I suppose I understand too why a business might not want to share that info, but as a high maintenance enthusiast customer, I'd like to know!
Same, still in 105. It's probs because of the carbon buckets - do you have them? People with buckets still in 105 when only people back from 105 to 112 are ones without buckets - in build week 17 and others.
Yep, Full YMB with carbon buckets
      04-08-2022, 05:31 PM   #92
Mark Kez
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by sJohnny View Post

You kinda get use to the lack of communication/transparency. Their operation seems to be so large that no one knows what’s really going on at any given moment. Complicated by Covid, Ukraine, parts, etc I’m trusting that in the end, a company whose business is making/selling cars will do so with my car. They want our money which means they’re gonna get us our cars…………….eventually!! Keep hope alive!!
Appreciate 1
sJohnny264.00
      04-10-2022, 07:52 AM   #93
Ed430
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp Pack

Quote:
I just checked and back to 111 for the gazillionth time.

45-->47-->49-->50-->1-->4-->8-->11-->17-->???

I guess its back to finding a production slot. This totally sucks!! I don't know what to make of it.
Hey Bud, reading your experience was like a sense of relief. I have had the exact same experience only difference is I’ve been waiting since week 44 2021. I was told last week I’d been pushed from week 14 to 17. Having checked this am I’m now back at 105.

I have also been thinking where could I have gone wrong with my specification but never actually had concrete proof it is the carbon buckets.

Hang in there bud. Your not alone!
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2022, 11:59 AM   #94
jummo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3CX 2023 x1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed430 View Post
Not alone at all. First, I was "Scheduled for Production " week 13. Then back to "Order Received ".
Last week "Scheduled for Production " week 17. Today, I am back to "Order Received ".
My build is rather spartan, no buckets, laser lights, or parking assistance.
I had hoped this might allow it to pass through with less delays.

Probably should start shopping for a snow tire/wheel package as I may need it by the time the car actually gets here.

jummo
Appreciate 1
435toM321.00
      04-11-2022, 01:14 PM   #95
x5DZL
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '22 M3Cx,'22 X7 M50i , '20 X5,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed430 View Post
Hey Bud, reading your experience was like a sense of relief. I have had the exact same experience only difference is I’ve been waiting since week 44 2021. I was told last week I’d been pushed from week 14 to 17. Having checked this am I’m now back at 105.

I have also been thinking where could I have gone wrong with my specification but never actually had concrete proof it is the carbon buckets.

Thats nuts! I didn't know there were more out there ... :-)
Loma was probably the longest waiting from my readings but his car is being built now.

Hopefully ours cars follow soon. My new built date it week 20. So keeping fingers crossed. Good luck and hope yours gets built soon.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2022, 02:36 PM   #96
pankajmunde
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X7/GTI/F80 M3

I got my VIN today, per genius i am week 16 but the production date shows as 4/25 so that kind of makes me 17 I guess...
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2022, 03:31 PM   #97
Ed430
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp Pack

Quote:
Thats nuts! I didn't know there were more out there ... :-)
Loma was probably the longest waiting from my readings but his car is being built now.

Hopefully ours cars follow soon. My new built date it week 20. So keeping fingers crossed. Good luck and hope yours gets built soon.
Yes there certainly are a few of us

I’m in the UK, so the situations not much better here either.

All the best with yours buddy.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2022, 08:47 PM   #98
pankajmunde
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X7/GTI/F80 M3

Yes i do, here is the spec

M3 xdrive, IOMG/orange interior - bucket seats/mdrive professional/exec package/parking assistance/laser lights/shadowline lights/CF trim
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 11:31 AM   #99
TheRealMrT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Nissan GTR

Got some shitty news from my CA today. He called to tell me that the BMW rep told them my order is 105 now because somehow they wont be producing enough MY22 M3 manual transmission models to get to mine, so I'm getting bumped to MY23.

I ordered in October, got a Week 9 allocation, bumped repeatedly 2-4 weeks at a time waiting a total of 6 months so far to be told they somehow ran out...? I'm considering cancelling my order, but I've wasted so much time waiting for this, the thought of having to start over seems just as miserable. Is there a downside to getting a 2023? I guess it wouldnt be considered a 50th anniversary model. Anything I need to be careful of?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 11:56 AM   #100
Mark Kez
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Convertible

Quote:
Got some shitty news from my CA today. He called to tell me that the BMW rep told them my order is 105 now because somehow they wont be producing enough MY22 M3 manual transmission models to get to mine, so I'm getting bumped to MY23.

I ordered in October, got a Week 9 allocation, bumped repeatedly 2-4 weeks at a time waiting a total of 6 months so far to be told they somehow ran out...? I'm considering cancelling my order, but I've wasted so much time waiting for this, the thought of having to start over seems just as miserable. Is there a downside to getting a 2023? I guess it wouldnt be considered a 50th anniversary model. Anything I need to be careful of?
It would still be an anniversary model, they make them until March of ‘23. Hang in there!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 12:02 PM   #101
burtmacklinfbi
Champ
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3CX

Mine's still status 112/ Scheduled for production. Looks like Week 16 started getting VINs on Friday last week so hopefully mine comes in the next week or so.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 12:15 PM   #102
TheRealMrT
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtmacklinfbi View Post
Mine's still status 112/ Scheduled for production. Looks like Week 16 started getting VINs on Friday last week so hopefully mine comes in the next week or so.
Is yours a MT and what was your original build week?

EDIT: The most frustrating thing is being told I'm somehow missing a cutoff, which they couldnt tell me what week it was, and will have to wait until the start of MY23 which they also couldnt tell me what week it will be.

Last edited by TheRealMrT; 04-13-2022 at 12:16 PM.. Reason: venting
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 01:16 PM   #103
burtmacklinfbi
Champ
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Is yours a MT and what was your original build week?

EDIT: The most frustrating thing is being told I'm somehow missing a cutoff, which they couldnt tell me what week it was, and will have to wait until the start of MY23 which they also couldnt tell me what week it will be.
No, competition xdrive:
BG / Fjord Blue extended
Exec pkg
Drivers assist pro pkg
Parking assistance pkg
Carbon trim
Carbon exterior pkg
Front vented seats
Laserlight
M Drive Pro
Shadowline Lights
Wireless charging
50 year emblems
826M Black
Red calipers

Not sure what the original week was as I took over an existing dealer order but I do know it was at one point scheduled for production in Feb before getting it's status reversed. I'm hopeful it will stick this time as it hasn't been reversed yet (fingers crossed)
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 01:49 PM   #104
TheRealMrT
Private First Class
Rep

You're probably fine then other than whatever random delays still happen. I had asked if I could remove any options to get the car sooner, and they confirmed it was due to the MT and not one of the options.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 01:52 PM   #105
NightWriter
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Pure

Quote:

Ugh, sorry to hear. I'm not expecting an answer from you, but I wonder what this means? They're not producing any more 6MT's for the rest of the MY? That can't be right. So on what basis did they bump yours? Anything Individual on the build? Or just a random casualty? Bizarre... Hang in there.
      04-13-2022, 02:46 PM   #106
DavidXJ
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

Quote:

That is disappointing. The only thing I'd want to avoid with the potential crossover into MY23 is the imposition of iDrive 8. That gargantuan screen might not bother you, but for me it has no place on an enthusiast's dash. Sorry to hear you've been bumped around.

Previous:
G20 M340i
G20 330i M Sport
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 03:58 PM   #107
TheRealMrT
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidXJ View Post
That is disappointing. The only thing I'd want to avoid with the potential crossover into MY23 is the imposition of iDrive 8. That gargantuan screen might not bother you, but for me it has no place on an enthusiast's dash. Sorry to hear you've been bumped around.
If I can deal with the giant pig snout I can deal with a giant screen. However I'm worried they might not offer a MT for MY23. Already the MY22 M3 is one of the rare few cars that met my needs to replace my GTR: MT, back seat, ~500hp.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 04:04 PM   #108
TheRealMrT
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWriter View Post
Ugh, sorry to hear. I'm not expecting an answer from you, but I wonder what this means? They're not producing any more 6MT's for the rest of the MY? That can't be right. So on what basis did they bump yours? Anything Individual on the build? Or just a random casualty? Bizarre... Hang in there.
Last week when I got bumped from 112 to 105 I asked my CA to find out why and get a list of which options I could remove to get the car sooner, and which of those options could be dealer added after I accepted delivery. His response was that the BMW rep emailed him saying it was bumped (at least this last time) specifically because of the MT. I'm still waiting on my CA to forward me the copy of the email from the BMW rep stating all this.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 04:05 PM   #109
burtmacklinfbi
Champ
United_States
Rep

Agree, I wouldn't worry about the iDrive 8 screens either as it looks cooler. If you are someone that wants to chance things regularly like climate controls it might be a little annoying but overall people tend to fear new tech and changes until they get used to it On the plus side, it'll age better than the current dual screen appearance as that's the upcoming interior trend. Just look at Mercedes EQS and Porsche Taycan.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 10:07 PM   #110
SM0KESTR0NG
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 competition

Got my VIN today… hopefully y’all get them too!

Individual Atlantis metallic w/ white ivory full leather

Going for the beach 🏖 vibes
Appreciate 2
ando2000.50
M3X_TB2284.00