BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

03-28-2022, 03:59 PM   #45
50shadesofhockenheim
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Toyota Prius

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5DZL View Post
Dravit M3Cx
Black Full Merino [I switched to Full when my order went to 105 after my Week 4 build missed)
CF trim
CF external
Shadowline
Laser lights
Park Assistant
M Drive Prof
Exec Package
826 Bi-Color
That's crazy you've been pushed back basically 6 months
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 04:05 PM   #46
x5DZL
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '22 M3Cx,'22 X7 M50i , '20 X5,

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50shadesofhockenheim View Post
That's crazy you've been pushed back basically 6 months
Yes!!! There is no logic to their production build order. just blows my mind when other cars are being built with similar options.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 04:19 PM   #47
burtmacklinfbi
Champ
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3CX

Quote:
Yes!!! There is no logic to their production build order. just blows my mind when other cars are being built with similar options.
Just be glad it's not as bad as the Bronco situation lol.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 04:58 PM   #48
x5DZL
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtmacklinfbi View Post
Just be glad it's not as bad as the Bronco situation lol.
Are Bronco orders being built out of order?
I would expect some form of FIFO [First in First out] process in their production line.
I know there are folks on these boards that have been waiting for their builds for multiple months like me. There are also folks in QA for multiple months. So, I don't understand the BMW process
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 05:56 PM   #49
burtmacklinfbi
Champ
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Are Bronco orders being built out of order?
I would expect some form of FIFO [First in First out] process in their production line.
I know there are folks on these boards that have been waiting for their builds for multiple months like me. There are also folks in QA for multiple months. So, I don't understand the BMW process
Yes, completely out of order, even with the same specs. There are people from 2020 July order dates waiting on their Broncos (from high volume dealers) and people that put in their order in the last fall (with a high volume dealer) with the same spec that have already taken delivery on theirs. If you think it's bad here, just head over to Bronco6G forums. It's on an entirely different level... Years, not months... I just waited a year for my Defender, which is an even worse wait now if you place an order today.

BMW is handling the supply chain issues considerably better than other brands I've been working with.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 06:44 PM   #50
x5DZL
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Yes, completely out of order, even with the same specs. There are people from 2020 July order dates waiting on their Broncos (from high volume dealers) and people that put in their order in the last fall (with a high volume dealer) with the same spec that have already taken delivery on theirs. If you think it's bad here, just head over to Bronco6G forums. It's on an entirely different level... Years, not months... I just waited a year for my Defender, which is an even worse wait now if you place an order today.

BMW is handling the supply chain issues considerably better than other brands I've been working with.
oh, wow!! Didn't know that.

What's your M3Cx build?

Last edited by x5DZL; 03-28-2022 at 06:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2022, 04:09 PM   #51
burtmacklinfbi
Champ
United_States
Rep

Quote:
oh, wow!! Didn't know that.

What's your M3Cx build?
Yeah, it's wild.

My build is:

BG / Fjord Blue extended
Exec pkg
Drivers assist pro pkg
parking assistance pkg
Carbon trim
Carbon exterior pkg
Front vented seats
Laserlight
M Drive Pro
Shadowline Lights
Wireless charging
50 year emblems
826M Black
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2022, 05:12 PM   #52
x5DZL
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, it's wild.

My build is:

BG / Fjord Blue extended
Exec pkg
Drivers assist pro pkg
parking assistance pkg
Carbon trim
Carbon exterior pkg
Front vented seats
Laserlight
M Drive Pro
Shadowline Lights
Wireless charging
50 year emblems
826M Black
Nice build!! Blue or Red Caiipers? It was down to BG and Dravit for me. Finally, went with the darker color.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2022, 09:53 AM   #53
elkid23
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BG G80

Hey all-- Joining this thread. I've been kicked around a bit, from Week 12 >> Week 15 >> Week 19 (24 hours) >> currently Week 17. Here's my build:

2022 M3 Base
Brooklyn Grey
Full Yas Marina Blue
825M Bicolor
50 Yrs of M badging
Executive Package
Standard seats
Front ventilated seats
Carbon Fiber Trim
Shadowline Lights
Laser Lights
Extended Shadow line Trim
Blue Calipers
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2022, 01:28 PM   #54
Froz3n_M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkid23 View Post
Hey all-- Joining this thread. I've been kicked around a bit, from Week 12 >> Week 15 >> Week 19 (24 hours) >> currently Week 17. Here's my build:

2022 M3 Base
Brooklyn Grey
Full Yas Marina Blue
825M Bicolor
50 Yrs of M badging
Executive Package
Standard seats
Front ventilated seats
Carbon Fiber Trim
Shadowline Lights
Laser Lights
Extended Shadow line Trim
Blue Calipers

A fellow week 12'er, good to see you again bud. Hope this sticks for us this time...
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2022, 04:48 PM   #55
elkid23
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BG G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froz3n_M View Post
A fellow week 12'er, good to see you again bud. Hope this sticks for us this time...
Haha exactly... We got this!
Appreciate 1
Froz3n_M399.50
      04-01-2022, 10:16 AM   #56
g80_zayd
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3CX

Anyone who has spoken to Genius as of recent. Is Week 17 when your car will start production, or is that when it ends?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2022, 10:31 AM   #57
sJohnny
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition XDrive SPY

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by syr_m4 View Post
Anyone who has spoken to Genius as of recent. Is Week 17 when your car will start production, or is that when it ends?
When I spoke to Genius 2 weeks ago, he told me week 17 was the week my build would complete.

But, the Genius I spoke with a month ago or so when I was in week 11 told me a 'build week' is the week my build would start production.

The answer I get seems to entirely depend on the Genius I've asked. Maybe it's a semantic difference in how we typically define start production (150) vs. how (some)Genius defines start of production?

It's historically been the week of completion, where you go 150 and get your VIN 10-15 days before your build week, so I'm going to just continue to roll with that assumption.
      04-01-2022, 10:35 AM   #58
g80_zayd
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sJohnny View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by syr_m4 View Post
When I spoke to Genius 2 weeks ago, he told me week 17 was the week my build would complete.

But, the Genius I spoke with a month ago or so when I was in week 11 told me a 'build week' is the week my build would start production.

The answer I get seems to entirely depend on the Genius I've asked. Maybe it's a semantic difference in how we typically define start production (150) vs. how (some)Genius defines start of production?

It's historically been the week of completion, where you go 150 and get your VIN 10-15 days before your build week, so I'm going to just continue to roll with that assumption.
I agree with this. I'm actually week 15, but that's when I start production. So if I get my VIN that week I assume I wont be done till later. But if it still shows up as week 15 next week without delays, I'm guessing it means that's the week it starts production. Because if it meant end, I would be delayed, which would explain your point.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2022, 10:51 AM   #59
Froz3n_M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

I have heard both angles. Depending on the genius you speak to you may want to ask if they're giving you build END or build START weeks. When I last called, they gave me week 17 as START of build, where as before when I was week 12 it was END of build.

Lately, due to delays they are giving the weeks of build START, but consistency is lacking depending on who you get, unless you ask to specify.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2022, 01:27 PM   #60
burtmacklinfbi
Champ
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nice build!! Blue or Red Caiipers? It was down to BG and Dravit for me. Finally, went with the darker color.
Thanks, red calipers. I was on the fence about BG until I saw it in person and loved it. For me it was either that or IOMG. Wanted LSB since that's my color going back to my first M3 with the E46 but as other know, can't do that just yet so probably reserved for a special edition in the next couple of years.

I've called a few times over the past few weeks and while they have always said week 17, I did get one person say week 17 start date. From what I've read on the forums is that the week they say is the completed date regardless if the person says start/end week. Seems like most know to say end week, but there's a few randoms that say start so maybe a training issue at a specific call center lol.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2022, 04:49 AM   #61
g80_zayd
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froz3n_M View Post
I have heard both angles. Depending on the genius you speak to you may want to ask if they're giving you build END or build START weeks. When I last called, they gave me week 17 as START of build, where as before when I was week 12 it was END of build.

Lately, due to delays they are giving the weeks of build START, but consistency is lacking depending on who you get, unless you ask to specify.
I guess you're right. Considering mine is scheduled to start in Week 15 and a few in Week 15 have received their VINs, I'll be joining you guys in Week 17 assuming my car will hopefully go into production Week 15 and end by Week 17, assuming this forum is going by completion date! But who knows at this point. :

M3 xDrive
Black Sapphire Metallic
Fiona Red w/ extended leather
Red calipers
Carbon exterior package
Carbon interior package
Laser lights (Shadowline)
Bicolor 826M wheels
Executive package
Standard emblems
Appreciate 1
Froz3n_M399.50
      04-04-2022, 10:17 PM   #62
x5DZL
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, red calipers. I was on the fence about BG until I saw it in person and loved it. For me it was either that or IOMG. Wanted LSB since that's my color going back to my first M3 with the E46 but as other know, can't do that just yet so probably reserved for a special edition in the next couple of years.

I've called a few times over the past few weeks and while they have always said week 17, I did get one person say week 17 start date. From what I've read on the forums is that the week they say is the completed date regardless if the person says start/end week. Seems like most know to say end week, but there's a few randoms that say start so maybe a training issue at a specific call center lol.
My CA says that the build week is when it actually gets built with prep work like assignment of VIN etc happening upto 2 weeks before the build week and completion a week or so after the assigned build week. So there is roughly a 4 week window for anything to happen.

I don't know what to make of it, right now just praying I am assigned a VIN soon and then get get delivery by early summer. April 9th would be 6 months since I got my allocation.
Appreciate 1
      04-05-2022, 02:25 AM   #63
DavidXJ
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Quote:

My CA says that the build week is when it actually gets built with prep work like assignment of VIN etc happening upto 2 weeks before the build week and completion a week or so after the assigned build week. So there is roughly a 4 week window for anything to happen.

I don't know what to make of it, right now just praying I am assigned a VIN soon and then get get delivery by early summer. April 9th would be 6 months since I got my allocation.
Given that it takes 48 hours to make a car these days, one must assume then that the window they set between start and completion weeks must be sufficiently capacious to allow for time in QC? My Genius also told me the build week stipulates the one, by the *end* of which, production will be finished. But presumably that doesn't also take into account the period it may spend in QC, a distinct stage in its own right.

Previous:
G20 M340i
G20 330i M Sport
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2022, 02:26 PM   #64
k1ng
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Triumph Rocket 3R

Good Afternoon... BMW Genius just answered my email in less than 10 minutes. May want to go that route vs calling - bmwgenius@bmwusa.com.

Received allocation late Feb and was told week 10 start... then week 16... today week 17 "estimated to go into production".

TRM M3C
Tartufo full merino leather
Exec pkg
Parking Assistance pkg
Carbon Fiber trim
Front ventilated seats
Icon Adaptive LED w/Laserlight
M Shadowline Lights
Appreciate 2
      04-07-2022, 01:31 PM   #65
TheRealMrT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Nissan GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1ng View Post
Good Afternoon... BMW Genius just answered my email in less than 10 minutes. May want to go that route vs calling - bmwgenius@bmwusa.com.

Received allocation late Feb and was told week 10 start... then week 16... today week 17 "estimated to go into production".
What order status are you in? I was told week 9, then 11, then 15, then 17. But I was told about the bump to 17 2 weeks ago. I went to status 112 in week 15 before I got bumped, and Ive stayed in status 112 so far.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2022, 01:43 PM   #66
TheRealMrT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Nissan GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMrT View Post
What order status are you in? I was told week 9, then 11, then 15, then 17. But I was told about the bump to 17 2 weeks ago. I went to status 112 in week 15 before I got bumped, and Ive stayed in status 112 so far.

Well I jinxed myself and even though this morning I was in status 112, right now it shows I moved backwards to 111. Genius said I'm still scheduled to start week 17, but I'm nervous now.
Appreciate 0