Second Lieutenant
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Competition XDrive

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc@Speed&Tech View Post
I went from R44 catback-> R44 catback+ Dahler valve controller-> R44 catback+ Dahler valve controller + R44 catted downpipes within the span of 4,000 miles.

The R44 sounds good standalone but I wanted more sound and was initially planning to add catted downpipes but they weren't available at the time so I purchased the Dahler controller hoping it would give me the sound increase I wanted but unfortunately it didn't. I hopped on the R44 catted downpipes as soon as Rhys from R44 told me they were available. I love the set up now. It's difficult to gauge how much sound the downpipes added but if I were to guess I'd say it's a 30% increase in sound. It's very civilized in the lower RPM range but once you get past 3.5k rpm it screams. I find myself driving with the valves fully open 90% of the time.
Have you experienced drones or whatsoever? I am going with similar setup (catted DP + exhaust), so just of curiosity.
Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2022, 05:39 PM   #24
BMWnation
BMWnation
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i, 535, M4

I received my DP's today but they came with 02 spacer and not the mini cat within the DP as pictured and what's displayed on their website.
Fell like I got overpaid for DP's when I could of gotten it for half the price in the US + spacers

I hope they send the wrong DP's if not, I would hope they would correct their incorrect marketing
Appreciate 1
Fugazii234.50
      06-21-2022, 09:20 PM   #25
Fugazii
Captain
Rep
Drives: G82/2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWnation View Post
I received my DP's today but they came with 02 spacer and not the mini cat within the DP as pictured and what's displayed on their website.
Fell like I got overpaid for DP's when I could of gotten it for half the price in the US + spacers

I hope they send the wrong DP's if not, I would hope they would correct their incorrect marketing
I just ordered this makes me feel the same overpaid.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2022, 12:53 AM   #26
destoyan
Second Lieutenant
Bulgaria
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:

Did you order the Catted Version or the Catless Version?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2022, 07:31 AM   #27
BMWnation
BMWnation
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by destoyan View Post
Quote:

Did you order the Catted Version or the Catless Version?
Catless supposedly should of came with their unique
mini cat but it came with 02 sim instead
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2022, 10:41 AM   #28
AKSteve
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Competition Convertible

Quote:
Won't it flow better without the "mini cat" inside of it?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2022, 08:33 PM   #29
BMWnation
BMWnation
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSteve View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I assume it will, but the reason I bought this specific unit was not to deal with possible check engine light.

I'm still waiting for R44 to get back to me.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2022, 10:14 PM   #30
Fugazii
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I assume it will, but the reason I bought this specific unit was not to deal with possible check engine light.

I noticed their customer service is not that great.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2022, 12:53 PM   #31
Indo Rider
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135

Quote:

Any update from R44? I'm waiting for my order to ship and wondering if I need to make it clear to them that the only reason I chose their product is because of the somewhat novel solution of the minicat as described, pictured, advertised. Same as you, it sounds. Sending me anything else is unacceptable. I hope they explain your situation as a complete mistake. Thanks in advance for any info you can share.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2022, 11:23 PM   #32
destoyan
Second Lieutenant
Bulgaria
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
I've ordered mine catted DPs together with the Titanium Exhaust on 10.05.2022 and still waiting. I am reasonable guy, but soon it will be 2 months. I hope the parts will come soon and everything will be as expected.

P.S.: To be fair my friends from the shop told me, that they have delay issues with other manufacturers too.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2022, 01:42 AM   #33
AKSteve
Second Lieutenant
Rep

When I placed my order on the 8th of June, I received an email back saying it would take 2-4 weeks to ship. So I'm about midway through the 3rd week of waiting.

In case I decide to cancel after a month, is there another option for catted downpipes from another vendor that are actually in stock and ready to ship?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2022, 05:07 AM   #34
3MW
Sweden
Rep
Drives: M3 G80 Comp 2021

Quote:
When I placed my order on the 8th of June, I received an email back saying it would take 2-4 weeks to ship. So I'm about midway through the 3rd week of waiting.

In case I decide to cancel after a month, is there another option for catted downpipes from another vendor that are actually in stock and ready to ship?
I ordered from TopGear, UK and they arrived within a week to Sweden.
This was during June. They list their stock om their site.
Appreciate 1
AKSteve152.50
      06-28-2022, 11:10 AM   #35
Rod_M3
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3

Quote:

Quote:

Steve their shipping is literally like 2-3 days through DHL . Might be doing quality check . Mine took the full 4 weeks . Soon as it ships . It comes quick
      06-28-2022, 11:15 AM   #36
Rod_M3
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatedR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soylent View Post
Quote:

In another thread I asked if the minicat obstructed any of the flow and Zach (or someone else at R44) said that it did not. Defoulers, which I think you are describing, have been used to prevent cels for years. Probably doesn't matter which is used. However, does this mean the downpipes you received are made somewhere else and not the same quality as the nice ones originally posted? It may also be that this is a cheaper way to prevent the cel so why bother with the minicat Need some clarification here.
I dont know if a spacer alone on this car would suffice and keep the CEL off. Alternatively, if you want their DP's you could just go the route of others and get the minicats yourself. I believe their about $50.00 US.

But it sounds like R44 is scamming people. After already overpaying to get rid of the secondary's this is discouraging. I really was hoping for the interior mini cats over spacers and external ones.

However their website still says "pre-order" for both the mini cat (non CEL) version and the 300 cell catted downpipes.
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

In another thread I asked if the minicat obstructed any of the flow and Zach (or someone else at R44) said that it did not. Defoulers, which I think you are describing, have been used to prevent cels for years. Probably doesn't matter which is used. However, does this mean the downpipes you received are made somewhere else and not the same quality as the nice ones originally posted? It may also be that this is a cheaper way to prevent the cel so why bother with the minicat Need some clarification here.
I dont know if a spacer alone on this car would suffice and keep the CEL off. Alternatively, if you want their DP's you could just go the route of others and get the minicats yourself. I believe their about $50.00 US.

But it sounds like R44 is scamming people. After already overpaying to get rid of the secondary's this is discouraging. I really was hoping for the interior mini cats over spacers and external ones.

However their website still says "pre-order" for both the mini cat (non CEL) version and the 300 cell catted downpipes.

I wouldn't say scamming . They might be going through a shortage through the manufacturer . Not easy to source another manufacturer and get same quality . World is jacked up bro . I sell cars for a living . Ppl are waiting 2-3 months for a vehicle, due to shortage . Even our parts department . These ppl good ppl . I will put my money on it .
      06-28-2022, 05:27 PM   #37
Fugazii
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod_M3 View Post
I wouldn't say scamming . They might be going through a shortage through the manufacturer . Not easy to source another manufacturer and get same quality . World is jacked up bro . I sell cars for a living . Ppl are waiting 2-3 months for a vehicle, due to shortage . Even our parts department . These ppl good ppl . I will put my money on it .
Yes we understand they can lower the price no complaints!
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2022, 03:07 AM   #38
AKSteve
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Steve their shipping is literally like 2-3 days through DHL . Might be doing quality check . Mine took the full 4 weeks . Soon as it ships . It comes quick
I didn't word my original post quite right. What I meant was that I was told it would take 2-4 weeks before my order would ship because the downpipes were still in production/on back order from their supplier. it's good to know that it will only take 2-3 days once they do ship.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2022, 06:46 PM   #39
BMWnation
BMWnation
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What would you define scamming/inaccurate marketing as?
I bought the DP's based on description, pictures etc…
It's BS they took 7 days to get back to me.
"They said the checked with there manufacturing team and I did get the correct unit"
Guess what, I now have a Check Engine light!

I need to say no more
Appreciate 1
Fugazii234.50
      06-29-2022, 07:06 PM   #40
Mcc420
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX

Garage List
2023 g80x  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

"They said the checked with there manufacturing team and I did get the correct unit"

I need to say no more
That sucks. I lucked out and bought them from a member. And they were the ones with the mini cats. Which work.

F90 Comp, Hcp custom e40 meth, 9.76@143, 174ml/h 1/2ml 60-130 5.53

F10 M5, HCP Tune ,BM3, 10:8@137, 166.05 1/2ml.
Ig @mcc420
Appreciate 1
Fugazii234.50
      06-29-2022, 10:03 PM   #41
Fugazii
Captain
Rep

I just received Email conformation from DHL Yes it takes 4-weeks!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2022, 04:02 PM   #42
Indo Rider
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135

Got mine today. They fucked me too. Bullshit O2 spacers and no internal mini-cats. Pretty pissed. Definitely bait-and-switch, if not outright scam.
Appreciate 1
Fugazii234.50
      07-01-2022, 04:04 PM   #43
Rod_M3
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I need to say no more
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I need to say no more

I wouldn't even have installed . I would of sent back.
      07-02-2022, 03:46 AM   #44
Fugazii
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indo Rider View Post
Got mine today. They fucked me too. Bullshit O2 spacers and no internal mini-cats. Pretty pissed. Definitely bait-and-switch, if not outright scam.
Yep got mine today nothing like mentioned, but I got a free pack of gummy bear's that helped lol!
Appreciate 0