BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Coding, Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

06-29-2022, 03:42 PM   #1
austrum
Private
Rep
Drives: G80 RWD Comp

Apple CarPlay connected but can't access CarPlay screen

I've had an ongoing issue for the past 3 days where my phone is connected via CarPlay (the car states CarPlay is the audio source if I listen to music) but I'm unable to access CarPlay on my display. If I use my hotkey for carplay or try to switch my media to carplay, I'm unable to see the home screen for carplay, it stays on iDrive 7. I've restarted my phone, deleted my phone from the car and reconnected, but it's the same issue.

Unsure if I should do a hard reset of iDrive or bring it in to the dealer, has anyone experienced this?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2022, 04:31 PM   #2
jct_m3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by austrum View Post
I've had an ongoing issue for the past 3 days where my phone is connected via CarPlay (the car states CarPlay is the audio source if I listen to music) but I'm unable to access CarPlay on my display. If I use my hotkey for carplay or try to switch my media to carplay, I'm unable to see the home screen for carplay, it stays on iDrive 7. I've restarted my phone, deleted my phone from the car and reconnected, but it's the same issue.

Unsure if I should do a hard reset of iDrive or bring it in to the dealer, has anyone experienced this?
It's a little annoying that happens to me as well.
I usually go to mobile devices and click on the phone> switch to idrive then back to apple carplay usually works for me
      06-29-2022, 08:52 PM   #3
austrum
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct_m3 View Post
It's a little annoying that happens to me as well.
I usually go to mobile devices and click on the phone> switch to idrive then back to apple carplay usually works for me
I tried that and unfortunately didn't work. Guess I'll be visiting the dealer!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2022, 08:01 AM   #4
edofloat
Captain
Rep
Drives: Outback or 992

Have you tried a soft boot of iDrive? Hold the volume button in until it restarts (about 30+ seconds).
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2022, 06:01 PM   #5
austrum
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by edofloat View Post
Have you tried a soft boot of iDrive? Hold the volume button in until it restarts (about 30+ seconds).
That did the trick! Thank you.
Appreciate 0