Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbiejones View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 418BUC View Post
Moody sky this morning equals moody car
I like it!
Thanks
Sure thing! Sooo when do the aftermarket games begin
The strange thing is, everyone in the States seems to do this, that and the other to their cars. TBH I like it how the factory built it. Not into cosmetic bolt ons, the UK roads with urban traffic calming don't work with lowering. 3 months old and was ceramic coated from the off, that's it. Cannot realistically use the 500 plus hp now on public roads, never mind remapping to 600. Sorry to disappoint!
Appreciate 3
g80z672.00
      06-29-2022, 07:55 AM   #6
Chubbiejones
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I like it!
Thanks
The strange thing is, everyone in the States seems to do this, that and the other to their cars. TBH I like it how the factory built it. Not into cosmetic bolt ons, the UK roads with urban traffic calming don't work with lowering. 3 months old and was ceramic coated from the off, that's it. Cannot realistically use the 500 plus hp now on public roads, never mind remapping to 600. Sorry to disappoint!
Lol, no worries and I fully understand. I spent quite a few years overseas including the UK so it makes sense. I do agree - BMW does make a great vehicle from the factory and sometimes there are no reasons to modify
Appreciate 1
418BUC534.50
      06-29-2022, 07:58 AM   #7
418BUC
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe G82

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I like it!
Thanks
Lol, no worries and I fully understand. I spent quite a few years overseas including the UK so it makes sense. I do agree - BMW does make a great vehicle from the factory and sometimes there are no reasons to modify
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I like it!
Thanks

👍it drives pretty well. I own 3 bikes and this car isn't far off them regarding performance at realistic speeds.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2022, 08:00 AM   #8
Chubbiejones
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I like it!
Thanks
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I like it!
Thanks

👍it drives pretty well. I own 3 bikes and this car isn't far off them regarding performance at realistic speeds.
Agreed - it still amazes me how agile and responsive these vehicles are from the factory. Year after year they just get better and better!
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2022, 12:37 PM   #9
NightWriter
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Pure

Quote:
It's easy to get the impression that "everyone" mods their cars in the US. Perhaps it's more commonplace with G8x owners, but the people who tend to frequent these boards are not necessarily representative of all G8x owners, as the vastly higher 6MT take rate here suggests. I'm not planning to mod my car heavily either, fwiw.
      06-29-2022, 01:34 PM   #10
418BUC
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWriter View Post
Quote:
It's easy to get the impression that "everyone" mods their cars in the US. Perhaps it's more commonplace with G8x owners, but the people who tend to frequent these boards are not necessarily representative of all G8x owners, as the vastly higher 6MT take rate here suggests. I'm not planning to mod my car heavily either, fwiw.
Quote:
Quote:
Point well made, perhaps we need a No mods splinter group!
Appreciate 1
g80z672.00
      06-30-2022, 07:56 AM   #11
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

Quote:
I think this is the great divide between my experience with my M2C and my 6MT G80. The M2C wanted wider tires from the start, the exhaust/engine sounds were inaudible with stereo on at moderate volumes with ASD turned off (which was the worst ASD I've experienced), and the not-really-HK audio system was utterly unacceptable in that car.

After I dealt with those things, to the tune of about $12k for wheels/tires, audio upgrades, and Akropovic exhaust, I was mostly happy with the car. In hindsight, I certainly would have done a cheaper exhaust system, but I had a moment of silly...and I really only could have cut 2k-ish off that overall bill.

With my M3, literally the only thing I cared about doing was finding a good second set of wheels for summer/winter wheel swaps. It's not impossible that I'll poke the audio system at some point, but it's not as necessary as it was with the M2C. Yes, it rides kind of high but not in a way that I can feel while driving...and I can get up my dumb hill of a driveway without scraping anything.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2022, 08:01 AM   #12
418BUC
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bri1042 View Post
Quote:
I think this is the great divide between my experience with my M2C and my 6MT G80. The M2C wanted wider tires from the start, the exhaust/engine sounds were inaudible with stereo on at moderate volumes with ASD turned off (which was the worst ASD I've experienced), and the not-really-HK audio system was utterly unacceptable in that car.

After I dealt with those things, to the tune of about $12k for wheels/tires, audio upgrades, and Akropovic exhaust, I was mostly happy with the car. In hindsight, I certainly would have done a cheaper exhaust system, but I had a moment of silly...and I really only could have cut 2k-ish off that overall bill.

With my M3, literally the only thing I cared about doing was finding a good second set of wheels for summer/winter wheel swaps. It's not impossible that I'll poke the audio system at some point, but it's not as necessary as it was with the M2C. Yes, it rides kind of high but not in a way that I can feel while driving...and I can get up my dumb hill of a driveway without scraping anything.
Quote:
Quote:

That's a sign of success imo that you don't feel the need to throw more money at it. After all the UK prices are for some reason significantly higher than the US to start with as well, plus don't forget a gallon of fuel here is now approaching $11.50 per gallon!!
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2022, 07:18 AM   #13
418BUC
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I like it!
Thanks
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I like it!
Thanks

Agreed - it still amazes me how agile and responsive these vehicles are from the factory. Year after year they just get better and better!
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

That's a sign of success imo that you don't feel the need to throw more money at it. After all the UK prices are for some reason significantly higher than the US to start with as well, plus don't forget a gallon of fuel here is now approaching $11.50 per gallon!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamescrook View Post
Quote:
I have planning to buy a car like this.
Where are you based James
Appreciate 0